What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

beave

Coach
I’d prefer we retained Jake Clifford and went after a decent f**king hooker. Granvilles passing game is f**king pants and his only attribute in attack is his running game, which we’ve barely seen the last 2 years. Why we re-signed him I’ll never know.

Clifford is the exact reason the NQ club came into existence. Why bother developing these local kids just to f**k them off when a star becomes available. NQ are kidding themselves if they think Melbourne are gonna give Munster up without a signifigant cash fight. They’ll have plenty to use with Slater and Smith reitiring over the next 18months.

Holmes is a no-brainer. How he slipped through our grasp in the first place I’ll never f**king know.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Holmes is a no-brainer. How he slipped through our grasp in the first place I’ll never f**king know.

I always wondered how Holmes ended up in the Shire. There’s been wraps on him since he was 15, yet somehow he ended up 2000kms from home at the club which was (unarguably) the biggest basket case in the game at the time.

mxlegend99

Referee
I’d prefer we retained Jake Clifford and went after a decent f**king hooker. Granvilles passing game is f**king pants and his only attribute in attack is his running game, which we’ve barely seen the last 2 years. Why we re-signed him I’ll never know.

Clifford is the exact reason the NQ club came into existence. Why bother developing these local kids just to f**k them off when a star becomes available. NQ are kidding themselves if they think Melbourne are gonna give Munster up without a signifigant cash fight. They’ll have plenty to use with Slater and Smith reitiring over the next 18months.

Ponga. Holmes. Kikau. That's some serious strike power to have let go. Plenty more I'm sure

The_Shield

Juniors

I don’t know why you guys let Brandon Smith go. The kid has massive potential and I reckon in maybe 3-4 years time will be the best hooker in the comp

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Issac Luke > Knights

Newcastle building very well for next year, injury permitting ill be pretty shocked if they dont make the 8

The Knights shouldn't expect anything out of Issac in any year that isn't a contract year. He was shit at the Warriors for his first two seasons, talked a huge game about how he was underperforming etc but never backed it up apart from brief glimpses, then had a good season this year going off contract. And even then, there have been plenty of rumours that his off-field behaviour and standards have been less than professional.

Don't be surprised if he has his puku back next season (Google it). And yes, I am slightly butthurt that we now have no hookers and he finally showed up, only to bugger off.

EDIT: He was offered a year by us, which is absolutely fair enough given what I said above - https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/18...r-for-issac-luke-as-newcastle-knights-circle/

beave

Coach
I don’t know why you guys let Brandon Smith go. The kid has massive potential and I reckon in maybe 3-4 years time will be the best hooker in the comp

His dad posts on the stampede forum. I think it came down to length of contract. 2 yrs from us, 3 yrs from melbourne???? Something along those lines. His dad speaks highly of NQ, which made the bullshit from Pongas old man slagging off NQ even more disappointing.

Pedge1971

First Grade
His dad posts on the stampede forum. I think it came down to length of contract. 2 yrs from us, 3 yrs from melbourne???? Something along those lines. His dad speaks highly of NQ, which made the bullshit from Pongas old man slagging off NQ even more disappointing.

Everyone is different. No reflection on NQC...

Frederick

Staff member
So because one person speaks highly of the club, then it's decided the club is full of saints and anyone who says otherwise is a f**kwit?

Cool.

Maybe you should just accept the fact that the club didn't look after Kalyn as best as they should have?

Frederick

Staff member
The Knights shouldn't expect anything out of Issac in any year that isn't a contract year. He was shit at the Warriors for his first two seasons, talked a huge game about how he was underperforming etc but never backed it up apart from brief glimpses, then had a good season this year going off contract. And even then, there have been plenty of rumours that his off-field behaviour and standards have been less than professional.

Don't be surprised if he has his puku back next season (Google it). And yes, I am slightly butthurt that we now have no hookers and he finally showed up, only to bugger off.

EDIT: He was offered a year by us, which is absolutely fair enough given what I said above - https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/18...r-for-issac-luke-as-newcastle-knights-circle/
The offer from us is 1 year with a second year option in our favour. Should ensure he stays hungry all year

BranVan3000

Coach

He needs a disciplinarian as do Knights. They should grab Michael Maguire and reunite the two

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Chances of seeing a quote from mrs Thaiday with her thoughts about the treatment of young talent in nq while the Holmes rumours stay circling?

axl rose

Bench
The Knights shouldn't expect anything out of Issac in any year that isn't a contract year. He was shit at the Warriors for his first two seasons, talked a huge game about how he was underperforming etc but never backed it up apart from brief glimpses,

Correct. Warriors have thier recruitment pretty well in order these days. A 1 year deal at about half his current contract seems sensible.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The offer from us is 1 year with a second year option in our favour. Should ensure he stays hungry all year

That's interesting. I imagine we could've offered that as well - I'd say the cash is much more enticing in Newcastle.

Correct. Warriors have thier recruitment pretty well in order these days. A 1 year deal at about half his current contract seems sensible.

Based on a three-year evaluation of his performances in NZ as opposed to the last one, 100%. Other clubs would've been tempted to give him what he wants, including ours 2-3-4 years ago. Cameron George is an absolutely outstanding CEO and O'Sullivan/Smith are experts at what they do in the back rooms as well, so I've no doubt they've made the right decision based on Issac's three years and the sort of contribution he made off the field (for which he has a bad rep)