What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 PF1 Sat - Roosters 12-4 Rabbitohs @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
Can't believe people are praising the Roosters defence...

What exactly did they defend against? That was deplorable from Souffs. Parra or Newy would've smacked the Rorts
The Roosters were lucky in the second half it wasn't us, the 30 they put on in the first half may not have been enough.

blaza88z

Coach
Isn't that what led to Souths' downfall after winning the comp a few years ago? They were too structured, lack of creativity, Cook provided that this year off the back of some fast play the balls but that was nowhere to be seen tonight

It was interesting listening to Trent Robinson in his interview, he said his team is anticipating rather than reacting in the defensive line, that says a lot for Souths are how predictable they are outside of Cook and Walker's creativity, it's just odd to me that a side who's strength is their ability to score points were quite happy to get involved in a grind tonight,they were ordinary last week and even worse tonight

blaza88z

Coach
GF Appearances

Storm - 9*
Roosters - 7
Broncos - 4
Sea Eagles - 4
Bulldogs - 4
Cowboys - 3
Dragons - 2
Eels - 2
Warriors - 2
Rabbitohs - 1
Panthers - 1
Sharks - 1
Knights - 1
Tigers - 1
Raiders - 0
Titans - 0

Minor Premierships
Storm - 6*
Roosters - 5
Broncos - 2
Dragons - 2
Eels - 2
Sharks - 1
Warriors - 1
Panthers - 1
Bulldogs - 1

We've only seen 4 GFs since the NRL era began that haven't featured Storm, Roosters or Broncos. Storm and Roosters have won more minor premierships than the rest of the comp put together, including the last 6.

What do we have to give for a Knights v Tigers GF or something?

I get your point but the 2 teams you've used as an example have been a mess in the office for a good while, only this year did they start turning things around on the field, it's not all about who's in your side and how many rep players you've slotted under the cap

Valheru

Coach
GF Appearances

Storm - 9*
Roosters - 7
Broncos - 4
Sea Eagles - 4
Bulldogs - 4
Cowboys - 3
Dragons - 2
Eels - 2
Warriors - 2
Rabbitohs - 1
Panthers - 1
Sharks - 1
Knights - 1
Tigers - 1
Raiders - 0
Titans - 0

Minor Premierships
Storm - 6*
Roosters - 5
Broncos - 2
Dragons - 2
Eels - 2
Sharks - 1
Warriors - 1
Panthers - 1
Bulldogs - 1

We've only seen 4 GFs since the NRL era began that haven't featured Storm, Roosters or Broncos. Storm and Roosters have won more minor premierships than the rest of the comp put together, including the last 6.

What do we have to give for a Knights v Tigers GF or something?

Those lesser clubs just need to be better

blaza88z

Coach
Those lesser clubs just need to be better

Mate, i'm a Brisbane fan and it's quite obvious that the likes of Melbourne, Roosters and yes Brisbane (even though our recent success on the field doesn't show it) are the beneficiaries of being able to manipulate the cap to the point where other fans have serious doubts as to how we're possibly playing under the same set of rules

Melbourne blatantly cheated the cap and retained 3 once in a generation players, those 3 players allowed them to be premiership threats year in, year out.. up until now pretty much

Roosters make the GF this year, signed Cronk, Tedesco (2 of the elite players in the game), Angus Crighton on the way

Brisbane, well we were without Gillett and Bird all season (that's got to be pushing 1.5-1.8 million cap space) and we were still able to field a side strong enough to see us get a home final

If I were a fan of one of those clubs who haven't tasted success in a while i'd be asking some serious questions too

BranVan3000

Coach
Well done Roosters

Not particularly disappointed, I think a coach getting his Premiership tends to be a two to three year process, so even during the game I didn’t find myself nervous because I’m pretty satisfied with our season

We tapered off after the Melbourne game at the end of the season, particularly in attack. That’s a big lesson for the coaches. And I think this level of pressure was a new experience for quite a few in the side.

We will be better for it next year and I’ll be much more disappointed if we don’t go one better next year

Chook Norris

First Grade
Wow...

A Roosters v Storm GF. Just like the NRL has wanted all year.

Who could've guessed?

It's really hit me this year how people of a poorer demographic (including NRL fans in particular) are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories. Congratulations for being equivalent to a flat earthers conspiracy theorist.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Mate, i'm a Brisbane fan and it's quite obvious that the likes of Melbourne, Roosters and yes Brisbane (even though our recent success on the field doesn't show it) are the beneficiaries of being able to manipulate the cap to the point where other fans have serious doubts as to how we're possibly playing under the same set of rules

Melbourne blatantly cheated the cap and retained 3 once in a generation players, those 3 players allowed them to be premiership threats year in, year out.. up until now pretty much

Roosters make the GF this year, signed Cronk, Tedesco (2 of the elite players in the game), Angus Crighton on the way

Brisbane, well we were without Gillett and Bird all season (that's got to be pushing 1.5-1.8 million cap space) and we were still able to field a side strong enough to see us get a home final

If I were a fan of one of those clubs who haven't tasted success in a while i'd be asking some serious questions too

Blaza, we seem to be agreeing on too much shit these days!

Is this a trap? Or is one or both of us mellowing?

Still hate your team as you do mine!!

A like for your bait. But deep down you know you just spent 2 million bucks this year to scrape 1 game further.

And another 2 mill next year will prob see u go backwards. Still a transit lounge and always will be.

So making Grand Finals and winning Minor Premierships is going backwards?? So what strategy do you suggest then?

Oh and try and get the facts right. Truth be known Roosters have one of the best % of players in their top 17 who came through their junior ranks. But hey dont let that get in the way of a good story.

Enjoy GF week!

Pedge1971

First Grade
So making Grand Finals and winning Minor Premierships is going backwards?? So what strategy do you suggest then?
Oh and try and get the facts right. Truth be known Roosters have one of the best % of players in their top 17 who came through their junior ranks. But hey dont let that get in the way of a good story.

Enjoy GF week!

Name them. And dont laugh while you do it. Junior ranks my arse...

Valheru

Coach

We are just better at the business of professional sports. The other clubs have to find away to catch up else they will continue to fail.

Survival of the fittest.

i have said it before and i will say it again, does anyone think the new york yankees care about the plight of the san diego padres?

The answer is no.

Latest posts