What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 PF1 Sat - Roosters 12-4 Rabbitohs @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedge1971

First Grade
We are just better at the business of professional sports. The other clubs have to find away to catch up else they will continue to fail.

Survival of the fittest.

i have said it before and i will say it again, does anyone think the new york yankees care about the plight of the san diego padres?

The answer is no.

Like you the Yankees have a lot of cash because they are big city based but still win a huge amount less than their budget says they should.

And baseball is a bad example ballbag..try epl.

Spot On

Coach
Hit the Burgess twins low and hard and that's nearly game over for Souths attack. Removes Cook from the attack as well.

Siebold needs to come up with something new next year.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mate, i'm a Brisbane fan and it's quite obvious that the likes of Melbourne, Roosters and yes Brisbane (even though our recent success on the field doesn't show it) are the beneficiaries of being able to manipulate the cap to the point where other fans have serious doubts as to how we're possibly playing under the same set of rules

Melbourne blatantly cheated the cap and retained 3 once in a generation players, those 3 players allowed them to be premiership threats year in, year out.. up until now pretty much

Roosters make the GF this year, signed Cronk, Tedesco (2 of the elite players in the game), Angus Crighton on the way

Brisbane, well we were without Gillett and Bird all season (that's got to be pushing 1.5-1.8 million cap space) and we were still able to field a side strong enough to see us get a home final

If I were a fan of one of those clubs who haven't tasted success in a while i'd be asking some serious questions too

For a moment there your 2018 home final almost, & I mean almost slipped my mind.

Thanks mate.

YoHadrian

Juniors
A masterclass in efficient & collaborative defending by the Roosters & with their backline they didn't need to score that many points. Sowfs unbelievably unimaginative in attack, the game could have gone for two weeks & they wouldn't have scored which considering the lengthy stints in possession they had would be very disappointing to them. Chooks deserved winners & grand finalists.

p.s Let's all laugh at the Sowfs voluntary tackle which & Reynold's piss funny logic in attempting the penalty goal.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He did SFA against Lomax & last night the same coming up against Manu.

Did GI actually play this & last week?
But but he's never looked fitter and was supposed to be primed for his best finals series ever? :D

He's way past his prime and couldn't bust through a Klenex these days.

Cockosh

Juniors
Bad luck Souffs. A better season than most expected. Will be tough next year.
I was quietly confident we would win based on Souffs last few games and our defence. Didn’t get all the experts tipping souffs.
You forget what an awesome feeling it is making the gf. I’m on cloud nine especially knocking off our biggest rivals to get there.
They stunk the place up so much that they we have to demolish our stadium.

Valheru

Coach
@Valheru Congrats to Radley in remaining as the only player to be binned for a late hit after Tatola inexplicably escaped a binning for his late dog shot on Cronk.

And you can be sure he will remain the only player to be binned for that until another rooster gets binned.

Tatola absolutely should have went for 10 there.

The problem with Souths is their attack.
Inglis gets no early ball , 9/10 times the half on his side goes to work the ball on the outside and then drops it off inside to Sutton or a burgess
On the other side when Gagai gets the ball he has no clue how to pass or set up his winger either on the outside or drag defenders in to pass back on the inside
Johnston is for some reason looking scared to get tackled and hands off the ball way to much
Cody walker is creative and you can see when he gets a bit of room has great footwork but again doesn’t get the ball with room to move.
Reynolds just puts bombs up and that’s it , does not take the line on enough and opposition defense can read that he will just pass it off or kick without and trickery

Burgess boys drop way way way to much ball at crucial times , their greatest value in attack is close to the line but this shouldn’t just be a try scoring threat but to draw in defenders and look for offloads , again using them as decoys with A.J. running the sweep or something may be better option . Too many drops in crucial situations

Against Melbourne a few weeks back Souths attack was exceptional due to the following
A. Reynolds taking on the line
B. Sam burgess actively looking to offload after contact , not quick play the balls
C. Souths outside backs getting earlier ball

For some reason they went away from this against St.George and the Roosters and barely won the first ( st george game was bizarre seeing as though they pumped broncos and then forgot how to pass/catch / run against Souths ... one player shouldn’t make a huge difference but it did ) in saying that Souths had their best team on the park and never looked like scoring apart from the Jennings no try

Hopefully we get a good game next Sunday but without Cronk the roosters will struggle

JamesRustle

First Grade
Rabbits were hopeless this final series. Beaten in week 1, scored 1 try against a depleted Dragons, no tries in a prelim. Thank christ they didn't end up in the GF and go point-less to hand Melbourne B2B titles.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Btw I did say before the finals began that I can't see a side win a comp with such an ordinary fullback.

What does Johnstone offer? I see nothing of value in his game.

yobbo84

First Grade
We were 10 wins and 4 losses when Greenberg told the refs to stop being pedantic. From that point we went 7 wins and 6 losses.

In short, we can't wrestle or grind. We had thirteen weeks to adjust and didn't. This is not a whinge at our opponents - defence wins comps and the best two defensive sides are in the GF. If we want to win the comp we need to grind like the best. It's boring, but it wins competitions.