What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Hooper

Generalzod

Immortal
Anti-social media
There have been plenty of negative headlines for NRL players in recent weeks and it seems that poor behaviour on the drink isn’t limited to the players.

Fox Sports chief league reporter James Hooper will appear in Downing Centre court on October 4 on charges related to destroying and damaging property. It was the result of big night gone wrong.

He is accused of damaging a car and was found in a bad way on the car bonnet by the owner. He was not arrested at the time and taken by ambulance to hospital. He was later served with a court attendance notice.

Those who have talked to Hooper say that he has no recollection of the matter and he knows he has done the wrong thing. He is doing something about it. He told his employers about the incident.

I have been made aware of the incident and the charges by a host of players, who clearly think there is a double standard in these matters – that the media are quick to rip into players, but they protect their own. Since the incident, Hooper has sensibly stayed out of the firing line when it comes to matters involving bad player behaviour.

He has kept his strong opinions to football and has not been judging players’ private live

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/to...der-with-knot-in-stomach-20180929-p506vk.html

Hooper me this lol

taipan

Referee
It won't be long before Hoops is selling ice-creams from a van outside of Leichhardt Oval.

It's far more dangerous, threatening to drop logs down someone's neck, than damage someone's car bonnet.

Can see it now outside Leichhardt with his ice cream van"Get your scoop from Hoops kids".

Chimp

Bench
So on Mondays NRL360 this bald fool is on there.... they're talking about Billy being booed and how it's out of order booing such a 'champion of the game (to be fair, Paul Kent had no problem with it - rare I agree with him). Kenty mentioned the fact that Billy isn't a 'clean skin' on the field, which will be part of reason for the booing, incredibly, the chrome headed hypocrite responds by saying something like 'nobody is a clean skin, we all make mistakes'... Funny how he has never been so forgiving previously....

For someone who's made a career from revelling in other people's misery, maximising 'value from the story' by relentlessly pursuing/publishing stories about players that have made mistakes in their life, keeping the story going for as long as possible, prolonging the agony of those that have made those mistakes, he deserves a sour shot of his own medicine. I'd love for certain players to be outside the courtroom, cameras and microphones at the ready to be shown on their podcasts. Interviews with the families of those 'traumatised' by his actions and behaviour..... I wouldn't be able to resist if I were a player who's suffered at the hands of his terrible articles.

axl rose

Bench
So on Mondays NRL360 this bald fool is on there.... they're talking about Billy being booed and how it's out of order booing such a 'champion of the game (to be fair, Paul Kent had no problem with it - rare I agree with him). Kenty mentioned the fact that Billy isn't a 'clean skin' on the field, which will be part of reason for the booin

Really a non issue. The Wallys a wanker chant went up all the time during Sydney Origins. He was a villain but it doesn't mean fans don't respect him in his retirement for the great player he was. As Roy Masters once described rugby league as a ‘pantomime’ – replete with heroes and villains. It thrives on it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Really a non issue. The Wallys a wanker chant went up all the time during Sydney Origins. He was a villain but it doesn't mean fans don't respect him in his retirement for the great player he was. As Roy Masters once described rugby league as a ‘pantomime’ – replete with heroes and villains. It thrives on it.
they even had Wally golly guards after his spitting incident

Actually Wally Lewis got booed at the SCG when he was captaining Australia in a test c. 1983. I know as I was there and heard it.

He was very lucky my 6ft5, 115kg A Reserve edge backrower, absolute hothead of a brother, who loves nothing more than a bit of knuckle didn't knock his head off after the races a couple of weeks ago.
Some last minute peacemaking from The Professor (who looked totally over it) was the only thing that stopped it.

He was very lucky my 6ft5, 115kg A Reserve edge backrower, absolute hothead of a brother, who loves nothing more than a bit of knuckle didn't knock his head off after the races a couple of weeks ago.
Some last minute peacemaking from The Professor (who looked totally over it) was the only thing that stopped it.
That would’ve been a great spectacle. Where’s the front page story on him making a merkin of himself in public?

I can’t the stand the f**ker, is that deep voice something he has to practise for?

Pedge1971

First Grade

Do tell?