What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Chipmunk

Coach
Interesting one this one.

Traditionally these games in these circumstances in recent years we find the resolve and get the job done...we did so only two weeks ago.

But is this time different?

Nothing short of a great performance will be a huge disappointed, and I think point to the fact that maybe it's time for the club to accept the end is nigh.....

If I was Manly I'd be taking 2-3 hit ups and spread it wide and attack our edges from the outset and from any point on the field. Then once our middles are tired just exploit behind the ruck and wait until the flood gates open. Let's see if my simple tactical prediction comes to fruition...if it does, and it's that simple, and everyone can see our weaknesses...then we're truly f**ked.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Ok Manly went wide early in their sets when we played them last time at home and had great success until they put that back in their bag..

They would have seen the fins destroy us up the guts last week.

My question is will we learn from this or will they easily go around us tonight.

I have them going around us easily in the first half followed by right down the guts in the second half at $1.01 odds.
The fact we can all see this and it has been the case for 18 months is the real issue.

84 Baby

Referee
Interesting on this one.

Traditionally these games in these circumstances in recent years we find the resolve and get the job done...we did so only two weeks ago.

But is this time different?

Nothing short of a great performance will be a huge disappointed, and I think point to the fact that maybe it's time for the club to accept the end is nigh.....

If I was Manly I'd be taking 2-3 hit ups and spread it wide and attack our edges from the outset and from any point on the field. Then once our middles are tired just exploit behind the ruck and wait until the flood gates open. Let's see if my simple tactical prediction comes to fruition...if it does, and it's that simple, and everyone can see our weaknesses...then we're truly f**ked.
Don’t sprout this off as though you’re a genius. Pou and I have been saying this for seasons. Our middles are our biggest strength in attack (traditionally) and the root cause of all our defensive issues

eels4life87

Juniors
hi and welcome,

you need to understand sarcasm, I was pre-empting what the whingers will say

I could have said we should have retained Jakie but maybe that would have been a bit too obvious
Thank you for the welcome! Finally realized Reddit was too toxic a place for me to be after moderators somehow managed to get my account permanently banned from the site altogether 🤣🤣🤣 Went looking for an NRL forum instead and was so happy to see that this forum actually has an entire section for the eels so I immediately signed up and just got approved 🤣

Sarcasm is definitely hard to tell in text sometimes lol

Chipmunk

Coach
Don’t sprout this off as though you’re a genius. Pou and I have been saying this for seasons. Our middles are our biggest strength in attack (traditionally) and the root cause of all our defensive issues
Unfortunately I'm no genius...everyone can see this, but the coaching staff are still unable to fix it.

Even legally blind people can see this, it's that obvious.

eels4life87

Juniors
I know, I only just approved you and then saw you post

it took you about a minute to get the email and log in, nice to see another keen Eels fan, shame we didn't meet under better times but such is the life of an Eels fan
The highlight of my week after last weeks game was ABC grandstand commentary saying that they wanted Parramatta Rachel to text in to make sure she was ok. And one of the listeners texting in to say they “hoped parramatta Rachel was ok”. That brought a cheesy grin to my face and made me feel even just a little bit better lol

It could be worse. It could be 2018 all over again lol

Tooooks

Bench
Hard to see anything other than a heavy defeat. Hopefully they at least make a game of it.

Worse result of this game: a close loss.

We need to either win OR lose big.

Why? I hate losing to the Sea Eagles but at least with a big loss that is another hammer into the BA coffin.

A close loss would maintain the illusion, for some making the decisions, that BA is THE coach for this team.

eels4life87

Juniors
He IS the coach for the team. I don’t know why people want to conveniently forget BA took the eels to the grand final as coach less than two years ago