What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot house

Juniors
:hugging:

Nah the line-ups -when the yellow ones are watching the nz hacker thing.

And the break through guys in the scrum.

Head stomping fun.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
What has McKendry got to gain from doing that though?

An extra year or two to work towards whatever he is planning to do with the rest of his life beyond football? I mean, he wouldn't walk away from the contract for nothing, I get it, but he really needs to start forgetting about lacing up again and start figuring out what's next.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think the biggest thing Sam has to gain is reducing the risk of another year recovering from an ACL injury.

I find it hard to see him lasting an entire season without doing his ACL again. I hope he has one good season left in him if he does play on. A fit Sam could be an asset. But an injured one isn't. Its in no ones best interest for him to play if his body cant cope.

GongPanther

Referee
How is it selfish? He was injured in the course of his employment and has every right to enforce his contract. He has a family to think of and I support any player getting what their contract entitles them to. It's a short career in the NRL.
And this is points to the very core of the reasoning why Rugby League came to be in Australia.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There is plenty of good props around. He was quality. Those days look behind him

If that’s the case (not saying I agree) why would someone take him off our hands? Unless we pay part of his contract, which would greatly reduce our chances of signing a decent replacement.

Unless it’s Peach. That would be cool.

franklin2323

Immortal
If that’s the case (not saying I agree) why would someone take him off our hands? Unless we pay part of his contract, which would greatly reduce our chances of signing a decent replacement.

Unless it’s Peach. That would be cool.

Which is the issue. I don't think we pay guys to play elsewhere.

Tamou/RCG/Merrin would be on Atleast $2m combined. What they are on the cap for is the question.

The output doesn't match that money so something needs to change. Maybe Merrin goes back to lock or something.

Which is the issue. I don't think we pay guys to play elsewhere.

Tamou/RCG/Merrin would be on Atleast $2m combined. What they are on the cap for is the question.

The output doesn't match that money so something needs to change. Maybe Merrin goes back to lock or something.
I think Yeo will be lock sooner or later

MrBlack

Juniors
That’s ridiculous, thank god the people actually making decisions have more sense.

To suggest he owes anything is mind boggling.

Those making the decisions usually have some sort of medical background.

Look at Wallace. They decided his injuries were too far gone so he was "retired" (respectfully at that)

These are the same people who will make a call on Sam. If he is cleared to play then he should be given an opportunity to play.

The only thing he "owes" is loyalty to the club that has stuck by him during what is obviously a difficult time in his life. A loyalty that he is trying to repay by gearing up next year.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Nothing to do with luck.

You're right. It has nothing to do with luck. It has everything to do with his injury history.

From an analysis of Liverpool's Oxlade-Chamberlain:

"That’s four knee ligament injuries and six muscular injuries in just five years. Based on that, Ox was already at considerable risk for injury because the highest risk factor for future knee ligament injury is, by far, previous ligament injury"

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It is absolutely a terrible idea to be relying on McKendry for anything from here on out. Sure, help him with his rehabilitation, but to actually reserve a FT spot for him and trust that his body can hold out is the height of delusion, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.