What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Those making the decisions usually have some sort of medical background.

Look at Wallace. They decided his injuries were too far gone so he was "retired" (respectfully at that)

These are the same people who will make a call on Sam. If he is cleared to play then he should be given an opportunity to play.

The only thing he "owes" is loyalty to the club that has stuck by him during what is obviously a difficult time in his life. A loyalty that he is trying to repay by gearing up next year.

What he said!

Sam has barely played for the last three seasons. Nathan has had his first major injury, there is a huge difference.

"He owes the club for the amount of time he spent on the side lines" - This is your quote.

Any time on the sidelines is costing money. Whether it's 3 years or 8 weeks. So by your reckoning, ANY player that has spent time on the sidelines owes the club right?

Injuries are always a risk that both the club and the players take into account when signing a contract

"He owes the club for the amount of time he spent on the side lines" - This is your quote.

Any time on the sidelines is costing money. Whether it's 3 years or 8 weeks. So by your reckoning, ANY player that has spent time on the sidelines owes the club right?

I am fully aware of that fact. Sam has spent more time on the sidelines, which is obviously more expensive.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You're right. It has nothing to do with luck. It has everything to do with his injury history.

From an analysis of Liverpool's Oxlade-Chamberlain:

"That’s four knee ligament injuries and six muscular injuries in just five years. Based on that, Ox was already at considerable risk for injury because the highest risk factor for future knee ligament injury is, by far, previous ligament injury"

Of cause it is, and the Medical team will monitor it and advise him to retire if it’s no good.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
OMG, Luke, obviously I have hit a nerve with you. Please, place me on your ignore list.

Certainly haven’t hit a nerve, I just don’t agree with what your saying.

Kinda the point of a discussion forum. Don’t post your opinion if you don’t wish to discuss it.

Blues Riff

Bench
Did I read that Sam's procedure was a little different this time? Something involving transplanting spare parts like Mansour? I was a bit surprised when Sam didn't retire after the last injury but I commend his determination and the club for not throwing the man on the scrap heap. He obviously has a passion for Penrith, but you'd think one more injury would be it. I'm sure he's already got a plan for his life post footy. I'd like to see him play another couple of years though.

soc123_au

Staff member
I dont think anyone expects Sam to walk away empty handed. I imagine if he were to retire he gets his full contract paid out. I would also think it would be covered under insurance, I'm sure he extended last just before the first knee breakdown.

@Luke Bowden you're delusional if you think previous injuries dont affect the chance of re-occurrence. There isnt a snowballs chance in hell an insurance company would cover him in the event of a knee injury under a new contract. I know we arent talking new contracts, but the point is his knee is high risk. I'd love for him to play on and not get hurt, at his best he is a beast. But I just cant see it happening. I do admire his determination though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I dont think anyone expects Sam to walk away empty handed. I imagine if he were to retire he gets his full contract paid out. I would also think it would be covered under insurance, I'm sure he extended last just before the first knee breakdown.

@Luke Bowden you're delusional if you think previous injuries dont affect the chance of re-occurrence. There isnt a snowballs chance in hell an insurance company would cover him in the event of a knee injury under a new contract. I know we arent talking new contracts, but the point is his knee is high risk. I'd love for him to play on and not get hurt, at his best he is a beast. But I just cant see it happening. I do admire his determination though.

When did I say it didn’t effect his chances of a reoccurrence? Please don’t put words in my mouth.

I simply said it’s ridiculous to suggest that he owes it to the club to quit.

It’s also quite possible for his knee to be rehabbed back to be stable enough for him to play on.

It’s up to the medical staff and Sam. He certainly doesn’t owe it to the club to resign.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I would love nothing more than Sam to come back and come back well from his knee surgeries. Will the same injury occur again, me as a lay-person I've no idea. This is very high risk from Sam. In my heart of hearts I would love to see it work.

Like you I admire his grit and determination.

Pilot house

Juniors
There’s millions of ways to help the club apart from playing.

Get all the local members to vote for club candidates in the local council elections and once in control of the council, you could have a lot more pro panther material all over the town.

Get the council to build us nice car parks near the stadium so we don’t have to walk too far to watch a game.

A panther shop near the courthouse and stuff, with lots of discounts and stuff for poor people.

One day, get the mighty comets into the nsw cup.

Nealo 12

Bench
There’s millions of ways to help the club apart from playing.

Get all the local members to vote for club candidates in the local council elections and once in control of the council, you could have a lot more pro panther material all over the town.

Get the council to build us nice car parks near the stadium so we don’t have to walk too far to watch a game.

A panther shop near the courthouse and stuff, with lots of discounts and stuff for poor people.

One day, get the mighty comets into the nsw cup.

Get off the gear mate !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts