What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Pakistan v Australia at Abu Dhabi Oct 16-20 2018

Eelectrica

Referee
and other than Khawaja, Finch has been our best batsman

You would say you are mentally unstable saying that few weeks ago
I don't mind guys like Lubus and Head in the team given the circumstances. Whilst they're not test players at the moment, at least we get something out of it with the experience those guys gain from this.
This is an Australia A side Vs Pakistan at there home(ish) ground with a couple of test players to try and help out.
We get nothing out of Shaun Marsh in the team because surely he's about ready to announce his retirement after this. Or be pushed into it.
If we played Renshaw instead of SMarsh, he gets experience out of it. Even if he didn't do a brilliant job with the bat. Still I'd have backed him in for getting more than 10 runs from 3 innings.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
I can’t help but reminisce about the 90s. What an unbeatable mob.

Look at this team...
Khawaja. Debatable he would have survived. He I think would have got the Blewett treatment
Finch. Unless you have 30 FC hundreds no chance
Smarsh. Lol
Mmarsh. Double lol
Lasagnascallabroni. No chance.
Head. Possibly would have had the Blewett role?
Paine. Highly unlikely.
Starc. Yes, but not sure if he’s a first pick in that team
Lyon. Yes but he’s fighting Macgill for a test or two every year as the second spinner.
Piddle. Not at this stage of his career.
Plodland. Lol.

Sad indictment. One of the top 5 highlights of this tour is a part time plod spinner getting a couple of cheap partnership breakers.
Those guys like Jamie Cox and Jamie Siddons who couldnt buy a test with a first class average of at least 45+ would be 100 test players.

I doubt anyone would even make the Australian A team of the 90s.