What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 Club players (Minimum 100 games)

Valheru

Coach
The article figures on their own are fine, your attack based on relaying limited information back to the forum to accompany it are certainly an attempt to frame it the way you want.

This thread probably wasn't meant to be taken as seriously as you seem to be taking it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The 'Homegrown' Roosters philosophy of developing players - rather than poaching them like the Knights, Sharks, Dogs & Eels - should be applauded and replicated, not derided.

We strive to be elite in every facet.

The best management. The best coach. The best players. The best philosophies. The most educated, cultured & hygienic fans.

So the best thing the opposition could do would be to model themselves on the Roosters, rather than view us with envy.

Perhaps even a "Little Brother" partnership could work?

Shane Richardson could spend a day learning from Uncle Nick - how to manage a roster and diet. Dean Pay could do a coaching session with Robbo. The Knights could do some opposed training with their idols at the Roosters. And Souffs fans could be paired with Roosters fans in like a 'back to work' program...

We've won the comp and broken many hearts in doing so (see Albert's Cronk thread). But now it's time for us to give something back to the game...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I lol'd when I saw Josh McGuire in the Broncos list under current player.

That's really the only thing I took from the article.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I lol'd when I saw Josh McGuire in the Broncos list under current player.

That's really the only thing I took from the article.
Brisbane posted McGuire's official contract release on Monday at 4pm AEDT - the article was written several hours prior to that.

The Rosco

Bench
well that's the strategic plan right? Put nothing into the games future at a grass roots level, have talent scouts bludgeon the junior nurseries of clubs that do and take the most promising juniors at a prime age of development ( around 16 yrs old ) and then claim them as home grown.
Yes.
It's called "cultivation" in Bondi

kdalymc

Bench
How many clubs we reckon Maloney will clock by the time he hangs em? Is he the sluttiest current player?

Chook Norris

First Grade
well that's the strategic plan right? Put nothing into the games future at a grass roots level, have talent scouts bludgeon the junior nurseries of clubs that do and take the most promising juniors at a prime age of development ( around 16 yrs old ) and then claim them as home grown.
1. Serious question - how much do NRL clubs actually put into junior development in comparison to the NRL and the junior clubs themselves? I'm yet to see some clean cut figures on this but i get the impression that NRL clubs don't place as much money into junior development as some often say.
2. Geographic challenges are real when it comes to juniors.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its a great business structure at easts. They've spent about 600 billion dollars over the last 20 years for 3 premierships.

Valheru

Coach
Its a great business structure at easts. They've spent about 600 billion dollars over the last 20 years for 3 premierships.

Thank you for recognising the most successful club in the NRL era, we appreciate the continued support.