What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop seeks release

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Losing our goal kicker is the biggest hurdle to overcome.....forget his captaincy!
Mcf**knuckle will be forced to pick Lomax and that's a bonus.

I've heard this whole situation is because Widdop can't stand having McGregor as coach but to want to go back to England really does express how serious he wants out.

Who would want to go back to England?
Then again, who would want to be coached by McGregor?

.......England doesn't seem that bad then!

Saint Angelo

Juniors
I believe that there's more to it. Someone who lives somewhere since age 15, is on almost a million already and just signed a 4 year deal with a local wife and kids doesn't just up and move around the world for what certainly won't be more money.

I think there is a catalyst for it, maybe a family issue or something we can't see. Which is why I'm not going to bitch about it if he is released. It must be very important to him to give all that up

He has probably heard that the club is about to extend Mary’s contract for the next 5 years.
I’d be on the first plane outta here as well.

Crush

Coach
The off-season just got interesting!
This is good news for Lomax who will be our goalkicker most likely.
And good news for Frizz who will be our captain.
I like it. Now we just need to secure a 5/8. Preferably one that can close a game out and kick a field goal unlike Widdop.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I believe that there's more to it. Someone who lives somewhere since age 15, is on almost a million already and just signed a 4 year deal with a local wife and kids doesn't just up and move around the world for what certainly won't be more money.

I think there is a catalyst for it, maybe a family issue or something we can't see. Which is why I'm not going to bitch about it if he is released. It must be very important to him to give all that up

Possible reasons to want or need to leave.....................

Wife.
Coach.
Kids.
Wife.
Coach.
Wife.
Coach.

Coach
Coach.

Coach it is!

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I agree SJ is the answer if Widdop leaves.

Don't think he's as good as I believe Widdop to be one of the top 5/8s in the world but he's reasonably close and also very exciting. Warriors are also delaying his release so that works in our favour
can't see SJ and Hunt working together well...

FlameThrower

Bench
If true then this is a disaster- one of the best goal kickers, quality half, international, and our captain. He is also our ‘sweeper’ as he cleans up heaps of defensive gaps - ironically that was the reason he damaged his shoulder in first place. He won’t be replaced easily and we are in big trouble right now.

FlameThrower

Bench
The off-season just got interesting!
This is good news for Lomax who will be our goalkicker most likely.
And good news for Frizz who will be our captain.
I like it. Now we just need to secure a 5/8. Preferably one that can close a game out and kick a field goal unlike Widdop.
How many quality 5/8 are available right now -???

MilanDragon

Juniors
Funny how quick people turn on the guy. My thoughts would be giving up a 7 figure salary wouldn’t be a decision taken lightly.

I could understand turning on him if he left and is with another nrl club for 2019/2020.. but if he’s going back to the UK then so be it.

For those saying being homesick at 29 is pathetic I’d maybe you need some reality or perspective because it’s not the same as your 7 year old being homesick while they have a sleepover for a few days down the road. We are talking a grown man with a family etc maybe they need help looking after the children or further family issues (could be illness with his family in England).

Latest posts