What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
There is also was another suppression order over the Identity of a female barrister who acted for organised crime types and was concurrently a police informant. Informer 3838 was ratting on sleaze balls whilst acting in lawyer/client confidence.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ed-to-do-the-right-thing-20181203-p50jy7.html

Problem is that the breach of client confidentiality might have made the evidence inadmissible. There are 300 plus convictions now on the line including Tony Mokbel, which could be now overturned.

Daniel Andrews has appointed a Royal Commission into the balls up.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ssion-into-informer-3838-20181203-p50jvn.html

Recently the suppression order was lifted and the identity of Informer 3838 was revealed as Zarah Garde-Wilson.

Hollywood will be all over this.

0357519C-53B1-45C4-BAD4-22880DAA60B7.jpeg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was pretty high in the Google rankings for something that has been suppressed

84 Baby

Referee
There is also was another suppression order over the Identity of a female barrister who acted for organised crime types and was concurrently a police informant. Informer 3838 was ratting on sleaze balls whilst acting in lawyer/client confidence.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ed-to-do-the-right-thing-20181203-p50jy7.html

Problem is that the breach of client confidentiality might have made the evidence inadmissible. There are 300 plus convictions now on the line including Tony Mokbel, which could be now overturned.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...ssion-into-informer-3838-20181203-p50jvn.html

Recently the suppression order was lifted and the identity of Informer 3838 was revealed as Zarah Garde-Wilson.

View attachment 25521
Yeah that one wasn’t difficult to figure out. Norks ahoy

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 25521

well derr, I watched Underbelly too

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm making an English bitter, to which I added oats. I was thinking of dry hopping but I've only got Perle and Saaz, which I was told wouldn't really go with it. But I don't care if it's an english bitter, I just want a nice fresh flavourful beer. You think those hops would ruin it?

I've used both Perle and Saaz before, they're more hops used in lager flavours, which it sounds like you're actually trying to get, rather than an English bitter style, so they should be fine. They will just add some different flavours to the bitter. How much have you got, like 50 grams of each?

TheRam

Coach
Something tells me he would just be interested in the science. Which sadly, doesn’t describe too many people at the moment.

Exactly. CO2 is oxygen to plants not a pollutant. If plants had intelligence and a voice would they call oxygen a pollutant?

Get a grip. At present the planet has around 500ppm co2, which is historically on the very low side of things. The planet has had up to 7000-8000ppm at different stages of it existence since life began and there is a correlation between the higher the co2 the more plant life covering the planet not the warming of the planet.

That is why some farmers choose to pump co2 into their greenhouses to increase the growth of their harvests. Hardly considered a pollutant by the people that need real world science to make a buck.

Oh and I love it when the TV media show footage of a dirty skyline to illustrate the dangers of increasing co2 so as to panic the general public, when if you stop to think about it co2 is invisible, just like oxygen. The particles that you see in those pictures are all the other true pollutants that never get a mention. Hmmm...I wonder why?

It wouldn't be that those other pollutants are easily manageable and if the general public realized that co2 wasn't in fact a pollutant and instead a life source for life on the planet that their taxing the world scheme would die instantly in the womb, would it?.

Dibs

Bench
So there was a high profile identity convicted in a Victorian Court of very serious crimes on Tuesday apparently but media in this country not allowed to say who and what courtesy of a suppression order but if you think about it long enough, or do some quick googling you'll probably work it out fairly quickly....
By George is this for real?

I've used both Perle and Saaz before, they're more hops used in lager flavours, which it sounds like you're actually trying to get, rather than an English bitter style, so they should be fine. They will just add some different flavours to the bitter. How much have you got, like 50 grams of each?
100g of each. I was only planning on using maybe 20g of one or both. And yeah, I'm not trying to get an English bitter.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. CO2 is oxygen to plants not a pollutant. If plants had intelligence and a voice would they call oxygen a pollutant?

Get a grip. At present the planet has around 500ppm co2, which is historically on the very low side of things. The planet has had up to 7000-8000ppm at different stages of it existence since life began and there is a correlation between the higher the co2 the more plant life covering the planet not the warming of the planet.

That is why some farmers choose to pump co2 into their greenhouses to increase the growth of their harvests. Hardly considered a pollutant by the people that need real world science to make a buck.

Oh and I love it when the TV media show footage of a dirty skyline to illustrate the dangers of increasing co2 so as to panic the general public, when if you stop to think about it co2 is invisible, just like oxygen. The particles that you see in those pictures are all the other true pollutants that never get a mention. Hmmm...I wonder why?

It wouldn't be that those other pollutants are easily manageable and if the general public realized that co2 wasn't in fact a pollutant and instead a life source for life on the planet that their taxing the world scheme would die instantly in the womb, would it?.

that would make sense if we were all plants

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
DuP4ni0UUAACuUC.jpg

CS_global_temp_and_co2_1880-2012_V3.png

https://www.globalchange.gov/browse/multimedia/global-temperature-and-carbon-dioxide

Even during a period of long term warming, there are short periods of cooling due to climate variability. Short term cooling over the last few years is largely due to a strong La Nina phase in the Pacific Ocean and a prolonged solar minimum.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-temperature-correlation-intermediate.htm

1880-1910 - Temp goes down, CO2 creeps up - No correlation;
1910 - 1940 - Temp shoots up while CO2 barely moves (remember, we haven't Industrialised yet) - No correlation;
1940-1970 - Temp goes down, CO2 starts to climb a bit - No correlation;
1970-2000 - Both rise at a decent rate, as I stated originally;
2000 onwards - Temps flatten while CO2 climbs - No correlation.

Thanks for taking the time to prove my point, Gronk.

As you can now see, a pattern existed before CO2 could have had an effect on the climate (which would be around 1980) - 30 years down, 30 years up, 30 years down, 30 years up etc.

Thanks for taking the time to prove my point, Gronk.

hindy111

Post Whore
So climate change may exist or it may not.
Ignore it and we may completely f**k the planet and human species dies or use alternative energy sources and not worry.
I do not see what is such a hard choice? It can be a slow thing. Reduce plastics, better efficient cars, working from home or local. Car sharing apps?

Latest posts