What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

BLM01

First Grade
Yeh and lets not all panic because Mal in his new role all of sudden goes on the front foot, rings a journo to go out of his way to give him a rap and saying he wants him at their club.
We all know how and why this player signing circus goes round and gets traction.

Crush

Coach
OK. If we were to lose JDB for 2019 would we be able to lure another marquee player to our club for 2019 or would it be too late? Is there a signing window?

possm

Coach
OK. If we were to lose JDB for 2019 would we be able to lure another marquee player to our club for 2019 or would it be too late? Is there a signing window?
We would have to terminate his contract first. Then we could apply the unpaid portion of De Belin's contract to the purchase of a player. My thoughts are that Millward would be a top grade outside back and Mary would promote Robson to the Hooker and lock rotations.

If Robson has ambitions of being the run on hooker, he will have to demonstrate his endurance in defence. This he can do while coming off the bench for these two middle positions.

I rate Robson very highly and hope this opportunity will be presented to him in 2019. In say all of this, I believe we first must lock him up with a long term contract.

Gippsy

Bench
Well, assuming we get Norman and JDB is still available, I would go for:

1. Norman
2. Pearson
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaugan
9. McInnis
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. T Sims
13. JDB

14. K Sims
15. Robson
16. Lawrie
17. Luc

BIG RIG

Juniors
1. Gareth Widdop c
2. Robert Jennings *
3. Zac Lomax
4. Tim Lafai
5. Matt Dufty
6. Corey Norman *
7. Ben Hunt
8. Korbin Sims
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin *
BENCH
14. Euan Aitken
15. James Graham
16. Luciano Leilua
17. Black Lawrie

Crush

Coach
Well, assuming we get Norman and JDB is still available, I would go for:

1. Norman
2. Pearson
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
5. Dufty
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaugan
9. McInnis
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. T Sims
13. JDB

14. K Sims
15. Robson
16. Lawrie
17. Luc
I like that, thinking outside the box a bit.
If that team ran out round 1 I would be pretty happy.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
this will be the team round 1.

1.widdop
2.jordan.p
3.lomax
4.lafai
5.pearson/Jennings
6.norman
7.hunt
8.graham
9.Mcinnes
10.vaughan
11.frizell
12.leluia
13.sims. pending on debelin.

interchange. sims, lawrie, leluia, Robson.

JDHD

Juniors
If Norman and JDB are with us, it’ll be

Widdop
Pereira
Lomax
Lafai
Aitken
Norman
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Graham
Frizell
Sims
De Belin

Field
Sims
Lawrie
Leilua

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It is very doubtful that JDB will be in the squad, even as far as to say the whole of 2019.
No doubt he has to be stood down until the legal process has concluded. The Feb court date is not a trial, more likely a mention that preceeds a date set for a trial. That maybe months later.
He would not have been training during this time.

So, looking at the options and available players to play lock, its obvious Friz would be the #1 choice. He plays thst way anyway.
The question would be then who covers Friz's edge spot?
Leilua? - imo he is more damaging as the bench forward. I dont know if he can play out a strong 80 mins week in week out.
Host? - basically coming back after a season of injury. However, like Leilua can he produce 80 mins week in and week out.

I suppose the answer us obvious:
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. T.Sims
13. Friz

14. Robson
15. K. Sims
16. Lawrie
17. Leilua

Imo this has more balance. With Robson rotating through hooker and edge forward (T. Sims) and Leilua and Host rotating the right edge. Host can also play prop if needed.

possm

Coach
If Norman and JDB are with us, it’ll be

Widdop
Pereira
Lomax
Lafai
Aitken
Norman
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Graham
Frizell
Sims
De Belin

Field
Sims
Lawrie
Leilua

Aitken can't take a high ball and also can't turn and chase a ball kicked deep towards the corner. Sorry not a winger or a centre.

Lawrie for De Belin if things go south.

Robson at 14 for Field.

Kerr, Timm or Latimore for Lawrie if he moves to lock in the run-on 13.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What worries me is that our supercoach will feel obliged to play all of the ip and coming SOO players and thaf includes Aitken

possm

Coach
What worries me is that our supercoach will feel obliged to play all of the ip and coming SOO players and thaf includes Aitken

Well it about time Mary used a bit of common sense and less loyalty/favouritism. Put the round peg in the round hole and select on form.

Bench
I don’t agree with moving Widdop to fullback, that would would mean Dufty would be in ISP
Hunt needs to remain as our half. McInnes stays as our hooker
Where does Norman play, I am certain he won’t be in ISP
If Widdop leaves us now then the impact is minimal
It is going to take player management to resolve the issues
Can our Coach do that, unlikely based on previous seasons
It is going to be an interesting 2019

BLM01

First Grade
It is very doubtful that JDB will be in the squad, even as far as to say the whole of 2019.
No doubt he has to be stood down until the legal process has concluded. The Feb court date is not a trial, more likely a mention that preceeds a date set for a trial. That maybe months later.
He would not have been training during this time.

So, looking at the options and available players to play lock, its obvious Friz would be the #1 choice. He plays thst way anyway.
The question would be then who covers Friz's edge spot?
Leilua? - imo he is more damaging as the bench forward. I dont know if he can play out a strong 80 mins week in week out.
Host? - basically coming back after a season of injury. However, like Leilua can he produce 80 mins week in and week out.

I suppose the answer us obvious:
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. T.Sims
13. Friz

14. Robson
15. K. Sims
16. Lawrie
17. Leilua

Imo this has more balance. With Robson rotating through hooker and edge forward (T. Sims) and Leilua and Host rotating the right edge. Host can also play prop if needed.

Unless I heard / read wrong that the Telecrap said that NRL and St George will not be standing him down until he has his day in court? I could be wrong. Maybe Samy61 could correct me on this one.

possm

Coach
I don’t agree with moving Widdop to fullback, that would would mean Dufty would be in ISP
Hunt needs to remain as our half. McInnes stays as our hooker
Where does Norman play, I am certain he won’t be in ISP
If Widdop leaves us now then the impact is minimal
It is going to take player management to resolve the issues
Can our Coach do that, unlikely based on previous seasons
It is going to be an interesting 2019

The only reason why Dufty would lose his spot at fullback is if there is a better alternative. So it is up to Dufty to address his shortfalls in the off-season and prove he is the best option at fullback.

Drag Queen

Bench
The only reason why Dufty would lose his spot at fullback is if there is a better alternative. So it is up to Dufty to address his shortfalls in the off-season and prove he is the best option at fullback.
Hmm, Is FB a spine position? Too many shortfalls for Dufty. Do you want to win another premiership? I do, and without sentiment Widdop or Norman will make a difference as FB. Jeezus we might even make the GF. Sleep deprived but hopeful Xx

Carlton

Juniors
I believe De Belin was the player attracting the cap discount for service. This means that if he is no longer in the squad his departure would not free up that much cap.

Do we have another player we can apply the cap discount for service to? Aitken?