What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Mark D

Juniors
With Norman signed up for 3 years, it will be very interesting to see the official team line up for round 1. My thoughts are that Norman will play at 6 and Widdop will play at 1. I also think Widdop may just stay beyond 2019 if he goes well at fullback and SGI offer him an upgrade.

1. Widdop
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Pereira
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Robson
15. K Sims
16. Lawrie
17 Leilua

Mark D

Juniors
Not sure if Widdop will even be around in 2019 think there is more cooking there... if he does stay and I hope he does I have concerns on his shoulder handling the full back position ..

Eastview

Juniors
Do you mean along the same lines as Josh Dugan? His off-field clauses went really well, huh?

Idiot.
I too would like to hear about Dugan's off field isses he had when he was with us (not including after he had signed with the Sharks E.g. Missing the bus).

Idiot

Life's Good

Coach
I'm really happy with Norman coming on board. He will be keen to prove a point after such a patchy career to date and as I've said before will relish being in a club that is settled from a cultural point of view. There's no reason to think our forwards wont give him the time and space to perform so I expect him to be a real asset.
The fact he can slot into FB will force Dufty to raise his game or he is the replacement for Widdop. Either way, there's plenty of upside.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Fantastic signing. Origin period will be good if Hunt makes QLD Saints will have Norman/Widdop halves.
If McInnes gets injured Hunt will slot in to No.9. Lots and lots of options here with good quality. Mary can shuffle Widdop, Hunt and Norman around in many ways. The chances of 2 of the 3 being injured at the same time will be low and they have Dufty and Field on the bench.

Mary certainly has the squad to win a comp, lets see how he utilises it that is my biggest fear I think. Dufty/Field will be stupid to think of leaving due to this as Widdop will be gone in 2020 and free up a spot for them, 2019 is too see who will grab the opportunity.

They are paying him 1.6mil from 2020 which I assume is Widdop's money so no real dent in the salary cap.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
On the contrary.

Whilst I’m no Dugan fan, he played several Origin matches and tests whilst a member of the Dragons including winning he Brad Fittler medal in 2015. He had arguably his best years with us.

He only started getting into strife towards the end of 2017 when it was clear he was leaving us.

There were also a few other indiscretions that weren’t heavily scrutinised well before Dugan decided to move on.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Not really.

What are these off field issues you refer to?

Yes...really!

And I’m not avoiding your question, I just couldn’t be bothered answering it.

Dugan’s other off-field indiscretions have already been covered by various media outlets. Get off your sedentary arse and do the research yourself.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes...really!

And I’m not avoiding your question, I just couldn’t be bothered answering it.

Dugan’s other off-field indiscretions have already been covered by various media outlets. Get off your sedentary arse and do the research yourself.
Sorry.. but myself, and many others on here, are unaware of Dugan’s off-field indiscretions whilst at the dragons.

Please enlighten us..

It’s your moment to shine..