What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Chipmunk

Coach
Do you think that any of the “right” unions are to the right of centre ?

I think they all are.

Just as the left are left of centre.

They're currently more right of centre because they're leader is from a right union.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think it probably sounds good in theory, but the equivalent in the NRL world would be that Parramatta Leagues Club wouldn't be able to have influence or provide finances to the Parramatta NRL Team. Would there be a Parramatta NRL Team if that was the case?
That’s a terrible analogy.

We are talking about political parties, not football teams. I don’t “support” a political party.

It might not mean that the labor party exists but something would replace it. That something could be an improvement.

Chipmunk

Coach
That’s a terrible analogy.

We are talking about political parties, not football teams. I don’t “support” a political party.

It might not mean that the labor party exists but something would replace it. That something could be an improvement.

You don't support a political party and nor do I. But the people involved do and I'm sure there are political forums that are the equivalent of this forum.

Different perspectives on things come from the different interests people have.

Back to analogy, if Parramatta Leagues Club didn't fund or have an interest in the Parramatta NRL team, then Parramatta NRL probably wouldn't exist. But as you've pointed out, just like the Labor Party, someone else would replace it.

Having said that, I think it's unlikely either will cease to exist anytime soon.

Chipmunk

Coach
if you go to whirlpool and say anything negative about Labor then you'll be banned

Yeah, and I'm sure there is forums where if you did the same for LNP, Greens and One Nation the same thing would occur.

Funnily enough some political party supporters are probably more fanatical than many sports fans.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You don't support a political party and nor do I. But the people involved do and I'm sure there are political forums that are the equivalent of this forum.

Different perspectives on things come from the different interests people have.

Back to analogy, if Parramatta Leagues Club didn't fund or have an interest in the Parramatta NRL team, then Parramatta NRL probably wouldn't exist. But as you've pointed out, just like the Labor Party, someone else would replace it.

Having said that, I think it's unlikely either will cease to exist anytime soon.
I wouldn't vote for Parramatta. It would just be a vote for disappointment.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah, and I'm sure there is forums where if you did the same for LNP, Greens and One Nation the same thing would occur.

Funnily enough some political party supporters are probably more fanatical than many sports fans.
Funnily enough some bird watchers are probably more fanatical than many sports fans.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think they all are.

Just as the left are left of centre.

They're currently more right of centre because they're leader is from a right union.

Right and left within the union movement and the broader Labor party is a bit of a misnomer, it's more conservative and progressive, after all collectivism is a central tenet of the union movement, and one of the few things that define what is actually left

But I would agree overall that there is a shift to the right, has been going on since Hawke / Keating.

hindy111

Post Whore
Funnily enough some bird watchers are probably more fanatical than many sports fans.

I am a bird watcher. I also used to spend my childhood catching finches.
Double bars,redheads,nutmeg and if I was lucky a gold finch. That was jackpot.
You could trade a Gold finch for 8 doubles bars

Gronk

Staff member
I am a bird watcher. I also used to spend my childhood catching finches.
Double bars,redheads,nutmeg and if I was lucky a gold finch. That was jackpot.
You could trade a Gold finch for 8 doubles bars

Mate bird watchers are conservationists. Little brats who pull heads off birds are not conservationists.

fe9f401485dd05445736691bfd16aeaf.gif

tumblr_p3it79tes81qk6qs7o1_400.gif

Latest posts