What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Shark62

Juniors
Anyone who is not asking themselves why AFL get great attendance in comparison to League is probably an AFL fan. One reason they get bigger crowds is they have club loyalty to things like jerseys and badge. Even to a stranger to the game of AFL I know their jerseys better than I know a lot of the NRL jerseys.
Utter garbage. AFL crowds have always been higher than NRL crowds. They’ve almost always doubled them. You are just making crap up to sustain an argument. Do some research before you post such drivel.

Stallion

First Grade
Utter garbage. AFL crowds have always been higher than NRL crowds. They’ve almost always doubled them. You are just making crap up to sustain an argument. Do some research before you post such drivel.

AFL have mostly kept their jumper and colours in tact. Their was a small time period they went loose with their looks and then realised the error and have been solid with their jumper tops since.

Timbo

Staff member
AFL’s crowds are so consistently high because it’s an objectively easier sport to watch live as opposed to on TV. So much is happening off the ball that the cameras don’t show. League is played in a straight line and you lose very little of it by watching it on telly.

Stallion

First Grade
AFL’s crowds are so consistently high because it’s an objectively easier sport to watch live as opposed to on TV. So much is happening off the ball that the cameras don’t show. League is played in a straight line and you lose very little of it by watching it on telly.

AFL is a crap.sport. It has a very good administration and the support of all sectors of schooling. Rugby league is still yet to achieve this.

Shark62

Juniors
13400 at Kogarah? Those jerseys failed the TBoon/Stallion test it appears! For those interested the proportional difference between the nrl and afl has remained pretty much the same for over 60 years. Nrl crowds have remained at around 41% of the AFL’s or a bit higher during that period.
The data is easy to find.

Shark62

Juniors
And it hasn’t made any difference to the crowd differential. There goes your argument.

AtholSmith

Juniors
Wrong, AFL strips have remained more or less the same throughout the 60 years, NRL’s have kept changing, that’s why the crowds have always been at 41%

Timbo

Staff member
And it hasn’t made any difference to the crowd differential. There goes your argument.

My argument? What f**king argument? I’m stating a reason as to why people prefer to watch it live as opposed to TV.

f**k me people in this forum get precious about AFL and it’s crowds.

Shark62

Juniors
My argument? What f**king argument? I’m stating a reason as to why people prefer to watch it live as opposed to TV.

f**k me people in this forum get precious about AFL and it’s crowds.
Apologies. I quoted the wrong post. I wasn’t referring to you at all. Mea culpa. Watching the footy and posting is dangerous.
:nerd:

Billythekid

First Grade
The swans crowd on Thursday again makes all of our excuses look flimsy. The game finishes just as late, against an out of town team (and not even a big one) and yet they can pull 26.5K on a Thursday night. The excuse that their fans all apparently live right next door to the stadium is bullshit.

That plus the matches are more viewed as an event. If you go see an AFL game you’re likely going to be apart of a big crowd and that’s why people attend live games, for the atmosphere.

Latest posts