What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Has he played on the right previously at half and might prefer passing left to right ?

Nah think he's always been at left half. Played there in the SG ball grand final. And played there in his limited games in Flegg and ISP last year, with Dylan Brown on the right.

If we all go in together we might save some money.

0eed288a-9550-4fc0-8749-a7c5c869d449.png

Johnny88

Juniors
Crawley said tonight that Gutho wanted 4 year deal. Parra offered a 3 year deal today but money is not at level Gutho wants. So now he is officially on the market and will be speaking to other clubs.
I'm assuming Gutho wanted 700k?

Delboy

First Grade
This is a pretty bad look for the club, whether it's his manager overvaluing him or the club low balling Gutho it's pretty much amatuer hour in not getting your captain done.
Personally think BA is also an important issue and should,be signed.
Bernie as CEO should ensure this is done and the move in the other players, not sure he Is good at that sort of issue, all big picture stuff.
How dumb is it to have a new stadium opening and all the good will that goes with that, and somehow O'Neil has allowed the signing of the team captain to fester.
Let's be honest if Gutho is allowed to leave, there will be uproar and impact on a number of important issues, from sponsorship, season tickets and even support for the management team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh yea, how did I forget Burt!? So 5 eels players and at least 2 that played for multiple clubs .
Frank Pritchard
Michael Jennings
Anthony Watmough
I wonder how many others played first grade by the age of 20 and didn’t play origin and / or 250 first grade games. I’d say a hell of a lot more.
It’s not just because he played NRL at 19. He’s got speed and strength without being too big, plus he’s versatile. All ingredients for a long career.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I don't think 250 games is a doddle by any means.

I do however think it will become a lot more common. There are more games at the moment, much better medical care and IMO the quality of the average player has declined.
Plus there’s more incentive to keep playing these days.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Crawley said tonight that Gutho wanted 4 year deal. Parra offered a 3 year deal today but money is not at level Gutho wants. So now he is officially on the market and will be speaking to other clubs.
Let him talk to other clubs. f**king mercenary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is a pretty bad look for the club, whether it's his manager overvaluing him or the club low balling Gutho it's pretty much amatuer hour in not getting your captain done.
Bernie as CEO should ensure this is done and the move in the other players, not sure he Is good at that sort of issue, all big picture stuff.
How dumb is it to have a new stadium opening and all the good will that goes with that, and somehow O'Neil has allowed the signing of the team captain to fester.
Let's be honest if Gutho is allowed to leave, there will be uproar and impact on a number of important issues, from sponsorship, season tickets and even support for the management team.
f**k off. Idiots like you are part of the problem. You think signing a player at any cost (without cheating) is exactly what the successful clubs do.

Delboy

First Grade
f**k off. Idiots like you are part of the problem. You think signing a player at any cost (without cheating) is exactly what the successful clubs do.
Listen moron, where did I say at any cost, if you feel like insulting me or anyone, please actually come to a game and do it in person.
This is a discussion board, not an opportunity for you to continue to try and be superior. As I have said before , people that post insults etc are a big reason that blogs and social media finds less and less contributors . No one is completely correct, certainly not you.

hindy111

Post Whore
Listen moron, where did I say at any cost, if you feel like insulting me or anyone, please actually come to a game and do it in person.
This is a discussion board, not an opportunity for you to continue to try and be superior. As I have said before , people that post insults etc are a big reason that blogs and social media finds less and less contributors . No one is completely correct, certainly not you.

If you knock one on his chin also kick him in the nuts for me.

Thanks.

Cloeel

Juniors
Why is it a bad look?
Thank god we have people in place who aren’t throwing around ridiculous money for players and allowing them to put us to the sword.
Gutho wants 700k and for 4 years? This is a player whose had a lot of injuries.
I’m actually proud of the club for not allowing players to milk us for every cent.

If gutho has played 3 or more consistent years and we didn’t get the spoon last year then yeah maybe 700k. I really just don’t think he’s worth that yet.

strider

Post Whore
I'd give him 4yrs @ $700k per year ... and $100k upgrade on this years cap