What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Warriors Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
NRL 2019 - Round 11
Warriors v Brisbane Broncos
Rarotonga Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose (TICKETS)
Saturday 25 May 2019

TL-WAR20.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. David Fusitua
3. Peta Hiku
4. Patrick Herbert
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Blake Green
8. Bunty Afoa
9. Issac Luke
10. Leeson Ah Mau
11. Isaiah Papalii
12. Tohu Harris
13. Lachlan Burr

Interchange
14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Adam Blair
16. Ligi Sao
17. Karl Lawton

Reserves
18. Gerard Beale
20. Leivaha Pulu
21. Chris Satae
22. Chanel Harris-Tavita

TL-BRI19.png

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Gehamat Shibasaki
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai

Interchange
14. James Segeyaro
15. David Fifita
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Joe Ofahengaue

Reserves
18. Patty Carrigan
19. James Roberts
20. Izaia Perese
21. Sean O'sullivan​

Big Pete

Referee
The only team change is that Jaydn Su'A has been left out for Izaia Perese. Su'A missed 9 tackles against the Jets coming off a 72-4 loss the week prior. It's an amazing fall from grace for Su'A who I had tipped to be in the running for a Queensland jersey at the start of the season.

Two from two and what stood out to me last week about the Broncos performance was the effort of the forward pack. They got the better of their opposites on the night and ultimately won it for the team. The question is, can they back it up or is it going to be another inconsistent effort.

If the Broncos can build off of what they showed against the Roosters than they should be too strong from the Roosters. However if they come off flat, it will be just like the past encounter between the two teams and they won't even look in the same league as the Warriors.

ram raid

Bench
Broncs looked good. Seibold can coach. If him and the players can develop a rapport the sky is the limit. But there's a lot of dickheads in the roster, and the coach is a bit autistic. It will be interesting.

Big Pete

Referee
A nice character building win for the Broncos. The Warriors were their own worst enemy at times, but the Broncos didn't make it easy on them either and they absorbed a lot of goal line pressure.

What stood out to me was the performance of Haas and Lodge. The Broncos haven't had a front row combination like that since Webcke and Civoniceiva. When Haas is named for NSW in a couple of hours time, he would have well and truly earned his place for the Blues. His form has been outstanding and the Broncos have built their turn around of form on the back of his carries through the middle. Lodge hasn't received his due either, but he's been extremely strong there.

The other aspect was the performance of Dearden. Tom has been something of a passenger for the Broncos, tying up his end of the field defensively, but rarely calling for any ball down that right edge side. Last night, I thought he made a point of putting in more kicks and taking the pressure off of Milford which ultimately allowed Anthony to ice the game with his trademark run. I said his selection was extradinary at the time and it's a credit to him that he hasn't been blown off the park like most 18 year olds would be. If he can keep building on his performances, we might see why the Broncos were so excited about his prospects.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Outstanding defence performance but it we play like that generally we will lose more than we win. Way too many mistakes and penalties (although it was annoying the ref seemed to put away the whistle in the second half). I think we got a bit lucky that Warriors had an off night in attack. But still, to keep any NRL team to no tries is an outstanding effort.

Still not convinced on Shibasaki. He just seems to drop too much easy ball, although to be fair he wasn't the only one guilty of it. Seems solid in defence but that's about it at this stage. I really hope Roberts can work out whatever he needs to work out. He went ok for Wynnum from what I saw but he didn't really demand re-selection. In fact, if we are comparing Broncos affiliated players, I believe Roberts was outplayed by Farnworth. It's a little thing but I really liked the way Farnworth chased the Wynnum fullback all the way at the end of the game when he had little or no chance of getting him. I have been really impressed by the Wynnum fullback this year, by the by, I wonder if we could get him as some fullback depth that we seem to be lacking.

I agree with BP that Deardon is getting more involved, which is a good thing. Although, I think he needs to leave the long kicking to Milf until he can develop that part of his game (ie wait for his legs to get bigger :p).

I thought Glenn was the Broncos' best.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I have been really impressed by the Wynnum fullback this year, by the by, I wonder if we could get him as some fullback depth that we seem to be lacking.

We Wynnum supporters love Edene Gebbie but honestly he is not the greatest last line of defence. Long way off being NRL standard with his tackling (and taking of the high ball).

One of those players who are stand outs at Queensland Cup level but are unlikely to be able to step up to NRL.

I agree with your comments on Farnworth. He impressed me.