What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The story I was told the incident was between one of our players and another male who is not a footy player. No formal complaint or investigation required but club were made aware of it.

As I understand there has been a number of issues with DWZ simmering away and the business was brought to a head with his being ‘dropped’ for this game.

James Maloney will leave at seasons end and take up a deal with ESL club you can take it as a given now.

Thanks for the insight. I do wonder what the 'issues' were, One I suppose was not being selected to play fullback.

Fangs

Coach
I agree, need an amnesty of sorts. Someone start leaking already.

Might lose a sponsor and have a few players fined but time heals all wounds. 2020 planning begins today.

mxlegend99

Referee
This whole DWZ saga beggars belief; it was only a few months ago when he came out and said he was thrilled to see IC come back - https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/31...watene-zelezniak-welcomes-ivan-cleary-return/

Wonder how or why their relationship has soured so quickly then? Surely there is more to it than meets the eye...
Kind of makes sense if it's DWZ just wanting out of the toxic culture that has grown out of hand at Penrith in recent years. Especially now that its becoming public.

Throw in tge fact for 5 years he has had his eyes on being a fullback and no matter how bad the other options sre playing he's always second or third string. Its in his own best interest to abandon the sinking ship.

The sad thing is we need more guys with his beliefs and to build a culture around players like him. Not grubby pissheads more interested in partying and gambling with their careers.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I am not sure of the validity of this. According to Jimmy Smith on the Big sports breakfast this morning he claims Dallin's salary goes up to $700k next year.
That is nuts if true.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am not sure of the validity of this. According to Jimmy Smith on the Big sports breakfast this morning he claims Dallin's salary goes up to $700k next year.
That is nuts if true.
If that were true he would be nuts to leave. I cant even see him being on $500k.

He has been signed as a winger and Gus would never pay $500k+ for a winger. We had Edwards as our fullback. So its unlikely we signed him with the thought he moves to fullback either. Even $500k would be money he will struggle to get elsewhere. Why pay much more than necessary?

Abacus

Juniors
That is nuts if true.
Yep, $700k would mean the deal was significantly back-ended. Still, it was signed 2 years ago before Edwards had debuted and Moylan still here. Maybe the longer term view was Moylan @ 6 and DWZ FB? At least then the $700k makes some sense.

If the $700k is right (& thats assuming its not just his manager trying to inflate DWZs asking price for his next team) I shudder what the deals for Moylan and Bryce (both re-signed following 2016) may have looked like.

Last edited:

Panther Mick

Juniors
If that were true he would be nuts to leave. I cant even see him being on $500k.

He has been signed as a winger and Gus would never pay $500k+ for a winger. We had Edwards as our fullback. So its unlikely we signed him with the thought he moves to fullback either.
Like I said I don't know the validity of it.
If he was to get a salary bump next year its another angle of why the club is encouraging him to look elsewhere.
IC probably only sees him as a winger.
I agree with you its goes against what Gould has said previously in public, though in the past Gould said things and then done the opposite. Maybe Dallin has rep performance clauses in his contract, or Jimmy Smith is taking shit.
IC is clearly looking to rearrange the roster. There probably has been little interest in Edwards and the club is shopping around other players. Just my thoughts.
We don't really know but I wouldn't be surprised if Dallin moved elsewhere and we had the pay the difference of what he is on now and his next clubs salary. We seem to do dumb shit often.

Last edited:

Abacus

Juniors
Yep, $700k would mean the deal was significantly back-ended. Still, it was signed 2 years ago before Edwards had debuted and Moylan still here. Maybe the longer term view was Moylan @ 6 and DWZ FB? At least then the $700k makes some sense.

If the $700k is right (& thats assuming its nlt just his manager trying to inflate DWZs asking price for his next team) I shudder what the deals for Moylan and Bryce (both re-signed following 2016) may have looked like.
My bad, Edwards had played 2 NRL games.

Exsilium

First Grade
If you take the emotion out of it, his ability as a winger is easily replaced. His ability at fullback is reliable but he’s not the best example of a modern fullback.

As a good, wholesome person to who does his best to live a clean life and set good examples, then he’ll be a loss to the club if he leaves.

mxlegend99

Referee

If the $700k is right (& thats assuming its not just his manager trying to inflate DWZs asking price for his next team) I shudder what the deals for Moylan and Bryce (both re-signed following 2016) may have looked like.
Bryce.... $3m per year
Moylan... $3m per year
Cleary.... $3.3m per year

Throw in DWZ and there's your cap. I think Gus f**ked our cap pretty badly. But surely he never thought a $700k deal for DWZ was going to work out...

2 years ago makes less sense. If you signed him after last years rep games I could see it. But in 2017? Cant see it.

Edit

The supposed amounts were:
Moylan on $600k a season with $200k on top in TPAs.
Carty on $500k or $550k with TPAs on top.

Maybe it went up as the years went on. But Moylan alone couldnt even cover Maloney. And Carty money never got us anyone.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If you take the emotion out of it, his ability as a winger is easily replaced. His ability at fullback is reliable but he’s not the best example of a modern fullback.

As a good, wholesome person to who does his best to live a clean life and set good examples, then he’ll be a loss to the club if he leaves.

Well said.

franklin2323

Immortal
Those figures match what I was told. I was told our starting wingers were on $1.2m combined.

Probably explains why he went to FB after hook was sacked and Gus picked the side.

Us, Dogs and a few other teams were going for a higher cap. I think the report said some were expecting $11m others $8m. That would explain a few things

franklin2323

Immortal

That is how I see it. You have to read comments with the story to see other fans mixed as too whether their team should sign him or not. Over the course of a season he wasn't that consistant but what he can do when his on is pretty hard to match

betcats

Referee
The story I was told the incident was between one of our players and another male who is not a footy player. No formal complaint or investigation required but club were made aware of it.

As I understand there has been a number of issues with DWZ simmering away and the business was brought to a head with his being ‘dropped’ for this game.

James Maloney will leave at seasons end and take up a deal with ESL club you can take it as a given now.

Ok well that’s slightly better than two teammates fighting. Thanks for the info.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've heard chat that he was looking around even before the season began.

In reality who knows.

Oh to have a team without continual headlines. A team that has sustained sucess. A team that keeps it's Peni (collective name for a collection of Penis' in their pockets, and their mobile phones turns off.

I for one would love to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.