What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Crush

Coach
Well ladies and gentlemen that will do me for 2019.
Brian Johnston should be absolutely embarrassed that he signed off on a contract extension for McGregor. He has let the club and the fans down.
I have no negative feelings towards McGregor at all. Its the board of directors that I have a big problem with.
Why extend a below average coach with nothing to show after 5 seasons when no other club would go near him?
It stinks, its corruption, its jobs for mates.
So anyway, I am trying something new, I'm not watching another game of footy this year, I couldn't give a f#$k.
All the best lads, I'll continue to post in here, I enjoy the banter.
Cheers.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We sit 13th on the ladder with little chance of making the finals this year.

We are 0 - 5 since re-signing McGregor

We are 2nd last in defense with 253 in 11 games (23 per game) only lowly Titans are worse with 257

We are the 4th lowest for points scored with 187 (17 per game) boosted only by our blowout win against the Dogs.

Sigh, deja-vu for 2016.

rednwhites

Juniors
Can't coach.

I hope his team continually gets thrashed until he goes if that is what it takes. This team is 3rd last and has lost 7 in a row.

Just thought I would quote myself from 3 years ago for some perspective. I started this thread after we lost to a team that had lost 7 straight games before playing us. The Dragons then went on to lose 5 straight games, something we do each year now. A sign of a club with no control.

Now you have Mary smiling and laughing in the press conference after 5 losses, while fans are at home or on their way back from the game almost in tears of desperation.

Life's Good

Coach
Whilst I’m in agreement that it 2016 all over again, sadly, a number of our players are letting us down too.
TSims, Graham, Hunt, Aitken & Lafai(no surprise with these 2). There just seems to be regression across the board. The club is a mess & no amount of spin can convince me otherwise.

Dragons22

Juniors
Direct quote from the excuses conference of today: "No I'm not shattered with that performance, I'm actually excited in the big difference within 7 days".
You are excited?
Far out. You aren't Kevin McQuay. Your team is running 13th and is playing like one of the worst sides in the competition.
Absolutely pathetic. This coach seems to care far less than the fans do. What a joke.

Last edited:

Bench
I thought that McIdiot’s that he was excited in the post match interview. He is an idiot and should be sacked.
The team are a rabble sometimes and that was evident today and previous games this season.
Like last season he said this was the team he wanted, I bet our team does not share the same opinion.
I think the club needs to sit down and take a long hard look at where the club is now and where it wants to be in three years time.
We need to identify which players will be the nucleus over the next few years go hard to resign those players and get rid of the players who are not performing.
In today’s game I thought Lomax should be our fullback, long term. There are parts of his game that he needs to focus on but he is a better prospect then Dufty.
Hunt to me has been average at best since he came to us, I don’t rate him in the top 5 halves running around with other clubs.
I hope the rumour that we are in discussion with Gus Gould, we need someone like him to come and get this team into shape.
I have seen some posts which I agree with is that there is something going on behind the scenes which we are not aware of.
But I am looking forward to next week, we can’t lose that one

rednwhites

Juniors
Well ladies and gentlemen that will do me for 2019.
Brian Johnston should be absolutely embarrassed that he signed off on a contract extension for McGregor. He has let the club and the fans down.
I have no negative feelings towards McGregor at all. Its the board of directors that I have a big problem with.
Why extend a below average coach with nothing to show after 5 seasons when no other club would go near him?
It stinks, its corruption, its jobs for mates.
So anyway, I am trying something new, I'm not watching another game of footy this year, I couldn't give a f#$k.
All the best lads, I'll continue to post in here, I enjoy the banter.
Cheers.

Completely understand. At least we are a chance in the cricket...

I don't think I have the willpower not to watch or I would be joining you. I am more a cynic than a fan these days and I hate it. I will not let this board and coach rip away this thing we all love but until he is gone they won't get my support.

I noticed they didn't even put a match report up on the facebook page and yet had time to celebrate NSW selections. They are more dishonest and insidious than politicians at the club and treat us like brainless fools, with such contempt.

hewi

Bench
My greatest fear is that if this idiot goes they will replace him with another favourite son in Barrett and Hasler has shown that he’s NBG either it would just be out of the frying pan and into the wok.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, relax there will be no improvement. No one is coming, no one wants to come. Good luck to Paul he has another two and half years. He gets paid win or lose.

blacksafake

First Grade
Completely understand. At least we are a chance in the cricket...

I don't think I have the willpower not to watch or I would be joining you. I am more a cynic than a fan these days and I hate it. I will not let this board and coach rip away this thing we all love but until he is gone they won't get my support.

I noticed they didn't even put a match report up on the facebook page and yet had time to celebrate NSW selections. They are more dishonest and insidious than politicians at the club and treat us like brainless fools, with such contempt.
I feel the same way mate :worried:
We need a demolition truck to reverse up to the door of the club & gut the whole joint out. Starting with the board.

Hardcore Dragon

Juniors
We've had 8 wins from our last 22 games.
That's a 36% win rate.
We've won two games against top 8 teams in that time.

But you know, we had a tough one point win against Manly, and a big win against the Dogs...
Lock this messiah up for life!!

And to think that three of our four wins was by a margin of 2 points or less.

Our smallest losing margin has been 8 points.

We could realistically have been 1 from 10 this year.

Yet the board see fit to extend the imposter's contract. It beggars belief.

Straight Shooter

St Georgio

Juniors
Who would want to follow this pathetic sport, when you convict an innocent man, the year ended at the start and hey with McIdiot in Charge it, just adds to the humiliation.

Just thought I would quote myself from 3 years ago for some perspective. I started this thread after we lost to a team that had lost 7 straight games before playing us. The Dragons then went on to lose 5 straight games, something we do each year now. A sign of a club with no control.

Now you have Mary smiling and laughing in the press conference after 5 losses, while fans are at home or on their way back from the game almost in tears of desperation.
In front of the media McGregor has no credibility and cannot be taken seriously as a NRL coach.
How the management can watch those press conferences and be happy, beats the hell out of me.
Brian Johnstone...you are a bigger joker than McGregor.
The fans looked to you for a voice and some common sense.
Instead you rolled up and have acted as a puppet of a decrepit, unaccountable Board.

Latest posts