What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Life's Good

Coach
Please don't defend Price. Price made Mary look so good hence why Mary has lasted this long. They were a rabble when Price was there. They could not score points, were soft in defense and were absolutely terrible to watch. Worst years following the Saints when he was there.
Pretty sad that we’ve been a rabble for so long. The JV was meant to make us a Super club.
It appears, that for those in charge, we have become a ‘Top up your Super club’.

Lol no one said a word when they won 4.

hahaha, bloke must only read after a loss.

It has been loud, vocal and persistent since the pre season and few, if any were happy about the re appointment.

If you going to social media as a gauge, get it right!!!!
All 4 victories were broadly commented on even when we flogged a very ordinary Canterbury side.
2 victories thanks to 2 freakish field goals and scraped in against Manly with a late try.
Hardly anything to get excited about.
What followed after the 4 wins is there for all to see...just pathetic.
McGregor's record after his much publicized contract extension 0-4.

RED73V

Juniors
I’ve just read a article about the state of the Titans.
Co-owner Darryl Kelly also issued a stern warning to the underperforming coaching staff, saying “everyone will be judged on results” and instructing them to “do their jobs”.
But it’s not just the club’s players who are under the pump, with the coaching staff being put on notice by Gold Coast part-owner Darryl Kelly.
Why aren’t our owners & hierarchy putting McGregor under the pump,what is it six & half years & no results!!!!! No other side would put up with that rubbish. No results & we still have the same coaching staff WTF.
It annoys the crap out of me when you hear a lot of journalists say the NRL is a business yet when it comes to McGregor they never ask him the hard questions or challenge him in any way. They all say “he’s a good bloke “that doesn’t make a good coach, remember it’s a business you can’t have it both ways!!

merahputih

Juniors
Please don't defend Price. Price made Mary look so good hence why Mary has lasted this long. They were a rabble when Price was there. They could not score points, were soft in defense and were absolutely terrible to watch. Worst years following the Saints when he was there.
They were dark days. I wonder how many Dragons supporters had to seek professional help during this period? I recall needing medication (VB) on Anzac Day, 2013 as a mate and I watched the Roosters clean us up. But to rub salt into the wound Dragons management chose that day to announce an extension of Price's contract at half time . I thought to myself: what a bizarre and unprofessional move this was so early in the season, I bet that never happens again!

possm

Coach
The only way SGI will sack Mary and put a top line coaching staff in place will be by appointing Gould as General Manager Football. He will do the job we all want so badly.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Likewise, you should acknowledge Price had to deal with an aging roster while trying to fill Wayne Bennett’s big shows.

Sure, things didn’t pan out well which was disappointing because (unlike McIdiot) he actually served a prolonged (and pretty successful) apprenticeship.

Gareth67

First Grade
I tell you one thing , I won’t be renewing my membership next season . Not after the absolute contempt that the J.V. board has shown the fans by constantly renewing his contract . Nothing personal against the man himself , but purely from a coaching perspective , he is not the individual to do the job at the Dragons .

The members of the board are the very people who are accountable for this mess and also for the disintegration of St.George Illawarra as a team to be proud off . Just what is it that they do to occupy their time during the week , it sure as hell has nothing to do with running a rugby league club .

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I tell you one thing , I won’t be renewing my membership next season . Not after the absolute contempt that the J.V. board has shown the fans by constantly renewing his contract . Nothing personal against the man himself , but purely from a coaching perspective , he is not the individual to do the job at the Dragons .

The members of the board are the very people who are accountable for this mess and also for the disintegration of St.George Illawarra as a team to be proud off . Just what do they do ?
They enjoy crownies and chinese food?