What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Sharks

dragonreddy

Juniors
The Board can realise their mistakes and try and make things right for 2020. I say bring in Gould and give him room to replace our coaching and fitness staff. Let him get rid of or re-structure our recruitment/pathways/retention staff.

A clean out is in order so get rid of the dead wood and hire some good first grade players for each position. Then promote / recruit backup staff to ensure depth is there.

I'm absolutely certain Gould is the answer however, I am also certain no one in management has an apetite for the cleanout that is necessary for the club to rise out of this situation.

Totally agree with you Possum,but I think it is wishful thinking ,this has a de-javu feel about it ,pretty much every year since 2011,and all we got was McGregor for Price and Johnston for Doust.

The club has gone to great pains to continue on in this fashion ,so the only thing that will change that is relentless negative coverage from the media ,and regardless of how bad we go ,the media leave us alone.

to_ddeath

Coach
2016 Mk.2 (minus "Dimitri" in the background)
This year however, we're not even beating Scumulla at home.
I remember walking out late in the 2nd half of the Queens B-Day game v the Dogs that season, now I'm not even bothering to show up for it, let alone any other games. More likely to watch the reserves at Henson Park in another month or so than attend another FG with this impostor booked in til '21.
Excuses have been bought from before round 1, & now the extra injuries pile on to arm McDickstick with enough excuses to last until early September.
The place is a disgrace, yesterday and last week were even more of a disgrace, & those in charge don't give a rats bum cheek about it.
Closer to zero farks than ever.

T.

Redhoopz

Juniors
I don't think their performance was too bad yesterday, given the circumstances.

Yes, they looked lost in attack but their defence was good and considering they only had 1 sub available for the whole second half, they did well to hang in there.

There were a few moments in the second half, where if the dragons shifted it wide early, they had the numbers to get around, but they opted for the one up hit ups instead...

Lomax looked safe at fullback but overplayed his hand in attack.

Pearson didn't do alot

Host, Lawrie, Robson and luch all had good games.

McInnes never lets us down.

Again the Dragons make alot of errors when they are chasing points.

I'd like to see how many times we have opted to take 2 points and then concede a try within the next 5 minutes.

dragonreddy

Juniors

Yes, they looked lost in attack but their defence was good and considering they only had 1 sub available for the whole second half, they did well to hang in there.

There were a few moments in the second half, where if the dragons shifted it wide early, they had the numbers to get around, but they opted for the one up hit ups instead...

Pearson didn't do alot

I'd like to see how many times we have opted to take 2 points and then concede a try within the next 5 minutes.

Last edited:

possm

Coach

Pearson didn't do alot

It is not just the player's form that is a problem, there is no plan, combinations or no idea on how to put a team mate through a hole. There is a way through this and from my point of view here are the steps to success:
  1. Sign Gus Gould to a new job - GM of football. He will address the problems systematically.
  2. Gould to sign a new head coach. A coach who can oversea all staff including assistant coaches, development coaches, recruitment/pathways/retention staff, fitness staff etc.
  3. Set up the SGI Football Division together with an organisation chart, associated duty statements and KPI's that need to be met.
  4. Let go Mary, his coaching staff and possibly Millward.
  5. Together with the new head coach, identify players to let go and those to keep. Also identify those outside the club to recruit.

So now it is up to the Board to hire Gould and get the ball rolling.

Redhoopz

Juniors
It is not just the player's form that is a problem, there is no plan, combinations or no idea on how to put a team mate through a hole. There is a way through this and from my point of view here are the steps to success:
1. Sign Gus Gould to a new job - GM of football. He will address the problems systematically.
2. Gould to sign a new head coach. A coach who can oversea all staff including assistant coaches, development coaches, recruitment/pathways/retention staff, fitness staff etc.
4. Set up the SGI Football Division together with an organisation chart, associated duty statements and KPI's that need to be met.
5. Let go Mary, his coaching staff and possibly Millward.
6. Together with the new head coach, identify players to let go and those to keep. Also identify those outside the club to recruit.

So now it is up to the Board to hire Gould and get the ball rolling.

I'd love to see all that happen, but I highly doubt it. I don't get what's going on behind the scenes, I was hoping that having a new owner would bring the club up to scratch, but resigning McGregor so early in the season makes it seem like nothing's changed...

If the Dragons continue loosing I'd like to see what the board does... McGregor has mentioned that he has the side he wants, so there's no more excuses.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Unfortunately it is always about the coaching ,or lack of it more to the point.

The gameplan is always just bash and barge and then rely on someone doing something off the cuff ,that isn't coached ,but the off the cuff stuff usually falls apart because the players are so knackered from the bash and barge.
Viscious circle, to me we execute a very basic plan poorly regularly ,and had we not won those games by a point this season we would be cellar dwellers.
Absolutely deplorable coach.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Congrats to Ben Hunt on kicking the first field goal of his career, after 200 odd matches. Of course there was no real pressure of any kind and they lost the game, but hey, still worth celebrating
I said in my earlier post I was dissappointed with Hunt yesterday especally in light of where the team is at on the ladder, then four and now five consectutive losses, Norman out injured, a couple of rookies playing in key (spine) positions, etc etc. He had every reason to shine, put his stamp on that game and steer the team home but when a few plays didn't work out or a few players weren't where he wanted them when he wanted them to be there, he seemed to just give up. And now he's in for the Maroons. Go figure.

getsmarty

Immortal

Pearson didn't do alot

The Sharks were off their game...........just as well because it should have been a repeat of the previous week.......

Latest posts