What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks hooker prepared to 'swim' elsewhere

txta2

Bench
Who knows what he said, could be typical beat up with stories, he could also be testing the waters to see what is around, plenty of teams need a quality hooker, so he would be in no rush to sign.

I would like to see JB get more time as backrower later in season, and next year as well, if he can play that backrower style like Radley, and then can sub for BB if injured, that would be the scenario the sharks would love
There are quotes in the story . Brailey clearly states if a better offer comes along he is pretty much done, even though he is contracted.

Inferno

Coach
Wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle Flanagan will be on his way out sooner rather than later with some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

He’s pretty aggressive with his intentions to be in the team permanently.

He’s even stated he’s after Townsend’s spot.

I reckon it’s brought the best out of Townsend this season knowing there’s an upstart wanting his spot and has said as much.

Also remember it has been stated his father wants to coach again in the NRL and you just know when that happens he’ll want to be coached by his father.

So be very careful John Morris.

These millennials are known to shyte in the nest and then f**k off.

It should be the sole goal of every reserve grade player to unseat the incumbent. I have no problem with KF making his intentions clear. He signed for 3 years, I doubt he signed for that long thinking he'd play reserve grade the whole time.

It should be the sole goal of every reserve grade player to unseat the incumbent. I have no problem with KF making his intentions clear. He signed for 3 years, I doubt he signed for that long thinking he'd play reserve grade the whole time.

Well if the players in front of him are getting the job done he’ll pack his bags then eh?

fizman

Bench
Great Thread.

I think that JB can transition into the back row quite well - he is not a big unit, but I really like his tenacious defence. It is very clear though that BB is the better Hooker, his passing from dummy half is beautiful both left to right and right to left.

As stated, he has more tricks including kicking which hasn't been seen in First Grade.

If there is a definitive choice to be made - we have chosen the right Brailey.

A comment on the other younger players - collectively (and I include Nikora) they don't have the attributes to last a full NRL season - YET. They will be good for between 10-15 games, but not a full season.

They are doing their jobs magnificently at the moment by contributing to wins until the others get back.

Xerri - I am not a fan and the hype is too much too soon. When Moylan is back, I would be giving Xerri a spell in reserves. Gray is getting better week by week.

I genuinely like our chances of winning the Premiership this year. We haven't yet seen the delicious prospect of a Shaun Johnson and Wade Graham combination. The new young forwards are building confidence every week.

We are not a one man team and our squad depth is excellent. I really like Johnny Morris, and while the poor starts are frustrating our second half performances have been tremendous.

*I forgot to mention that Margie McDonald is a Sharks supporter and a very good Journalist, so I don't believe anything was reported out of context.*

Weaponhead

Coach
Great Thread.

I think that JB can transition into the back row quite well - he is not a big unit, but I really like his tenacious defence. It is very clear though that BB is the better Hooker, his passing from dummy half is beautiful both left to right and right to left.

As stated, he has more tricks including kicking which hasn't been seen in First Grade.

If there is a definitive choice to be made - we have chosen the right Brailey.

A comment on the other younger players - collectively (and I include Nikora) they don't have the attributes to last a full NRL season - YET. They will be good for between 10-15 games, but not a full season.

They are doing their jobs magnificently at the moment by contributing to wins until the others get back.

Xerri - I am not a fan and the hype is too much too soon. When Moylan is back, I would be giving Xerri a spell in reserves. Gray is getting better week by week.

I genuinely like our chances of winning the Premiership this year. We haven't yet seen the delicious prospect of a Shaun Johnson and Wade Graham combination. The new young forwards are building confidence every week.

We are not a one man team and our squad depth is excellent. I really like Johnny Morris, and while the poor starts are frustrating our second half performances have been tremendous.

*I forgot to mention that Margie McDonald is a Sharks supporter and a very good Journalist, so I don't believe anything was reported out of context.*
JB did well last night on his back row stint. Made a couple of half breaks.

Agree about Xerri. Looks good with ball in hand (when he catches it). Looks ordinary making defensive decisions. Should become a very good player but it will take time.

Stake Removed

First Grade
JB can be our Radley, in offseason have JB put on another 5 kgs bulks up a little, he can still be used as hooker if BB gets injured, you can see how Morris is evolving our team, its not the grind of Flanno it cant be with all the young guys, we are using the ball more, that suits players like JB and Nikora in backrow, and our attacking backs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Not sold on Blayke yet.

Am sold on Jayden is tracking fantastic for his age, will develop a kicking game and is an 80 min player.

I prefer, Cameron Smith to Damien Cook.

I hope Blayke tracks like Craig Wing.

Bellamy will come for Jayden.

sandshark

Bench
Not sure if mentioned yet but I saw an article floating around earlier today about Newcastle chasing Brailey #1. Reported that they're even trying to get him for next season too.
What are our current thoughts on Brailey #2?

carinashark

First Grade
I want to keep them both. Jayden will soon be able to cover lock as well as hooker , keep B.B. for hooker. Kyle is the odd one out, he has done enough to be picked up by another club.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Blayke has always been the better hooker and he's tracking faster than Jayden did at that age.

Would be nice to keep them both for another year, give them 40 mins each next season for example. Jayden play a bit of middle if needed.

Foz

Bench
B2 looks like he’d go just as well at halfback IMO

Is there a connection with the B1 and B2 references to Banana in Pyjamas?
Absolute insanity to release B1 and put B2 in as a starter next year.
We then have to search/blood another hooker anyway because you can’t go into a campaign with only 1 hooker.
3 weeks ago we had more hookers than a Kings Cross Christmas Party and soon we may only have a virgin hooker left.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I don’t understand some of the negative comments in here around B1 quotes. Totally positive & super professional, equally supportive of the club/coach/brother/own career.

Let the Scum fans carry on like cry babies in their own forum, but FFS eave it out of here please.

Yeah I don't get it either. Has it been rewritten?

They obviously are looking out for each other and they both want a full time gig for the future.

Unfortunately we can't have both forever

SharkShocked

Bench
I must be reading something different, i didn't see anything of alarm.

Sure if he gets a decent deal at a club he will look at it / act on it - who can blame him we indicated we wanted his brother over him anyway.

Certainly doesn't seem like hes in the Bird/Val category of petulance.

bluefox68

Staff member
Teams that could use him the most:

Penrith: Katoa and Egan have not shown much. The team lacks cohesion and go-forward. A good 9 helps with that.

Newcastle: Levi looks like a poor man’s Cook... They are a team on the rise, so this would be the better move, if he were to leave.

However, I would love to see him develop into a Victor Radley type FOR US but not sure that that is what he wants...

That’s all I got!!!

Latest posts