What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Being hooked from NRL and told that he’ll be unemployed in November is quite the motivator.

MJC said it was leadership vs Panthers.
I don't know if anyone recalls but after that game Timmy looked despondent...a fair few other players did too but he for mine stood out..from a fan's perspective it was quite perplexing considering a lot of players these days win, lose or draw are bromancing each other which piss#s some losing fans off

Soto

Bench
He was playing decent footy didn’t even deserve to be dropped in the first place. I guess this is what’s lead to him asking for a release.
Thought he was having his best year in a long time. Was giving us impact off the bench. Unfortunately the 2 games he started he was ineffective.
All the best Timmy. Cannot question his commitment or dedication for the Eels.
Hope he gets a few more years playing here or in Super League and nicely sets his family up for life after footy.

84 Baby

Referee
Being hooked from NRL and told that he’ll be unemployed in November is quite the motivator.

MJC said it was leadership vs Panthers.
Yeah just read that all started Monday (yesterday?) so yeah probably dropped partly because he wasn’t going to be resigned. Suppose it doesn’t bode well for Taka, Alvaro (yes yes option), Siosaia Davey & French

I won’t think this is opening up any significant portion of money. Half his salary was already covered by the long serving player allowance, and half of what’s left has already been paid. Wouldn’t be more than $100k that this opens up. I’d say it would be more about the roster position

What long-serving player allowance? It is now just a veteran and developed player allowance of $200k in total, and can also be spent on players 'developed' by the club prior to becoming NRL players (and / or players with 8 years in the top squad at the club or 10 years in the top squad at any club).

muznik

Juniors
As an Eels fan of 40+ yrs this disappoints me immensely. Tim has been a stalwart of this club & deserves a proper send off.
IMHO he was far from one of our worst & was having a better year.
I appreciate one club players may be a thing of the past & can fully understand the Eels not offering him another contract next year. What I do have issues with is a Club Capt, 10yr+ veteran can all of a sudden be turning out for another team next week! This sort of stuff doesn’t sit well with a lot of fans.
With all the broken contracts & player swaps..It’s fast becoming a case of not “ who are we playing this week” but “ who’s playing for us this week?”

Snoochies

First Grade
As an Eels fan of 40+ yrs this disappoints me immensely. Tim has been a stalwart of this club & deserves a proper send off.
I appreciate one club players may be a thing of the past & can fully understand the Eels not offering him another contract next year. What I do have issues with is a Club Capt, 10yr+ veteran can all of a sudden be turning out for another team next week! This sort of stuff doesn’t sit well with a lot of fans.
With all the broken contracts & player swaps..It’s fast becoming a case of not “ who are we playing this week” but “ who’s playing for us this week?”
The club could say no but do you reckon that's fair on Timmy? I'm sure the club would love to give him a proper send off but Tim has asked for the release. It's like any job, if your time is coming to an end you grab the job that is available now rather than wait just so you can have some farewell sausage rolls and a signed card.

So, what do you say to Timmy when he asks for a release? "It's not about you, Timmy". If he wants to go immediately, then we should let him go.

Kornstar

Coach
The reactions here are exactly why our club is shit.

We demand they be ruthless and then when they are we tell them how disappointed we are.

He is 31 and at the end of his career, Bennett is renowned for this stuff and how many premierships has he won compared to us?

IFR33K

Coach
The reactions here are exactly why our club is shit.

We demand they be ruthless and then when they are we tell them how disappointed we are.

He is 31 and at the end of his career, Bennett is renowned for this stuff and how many premierships has he won compared to us?

I appreciate what you’re saying, but now BA will probably extend a player like Alvaro or will Smith.

If mannah got axed for lack of leadership than that’s ironic. BA should sack himself.

Gronk

Staff member
I appreciate what you’re saying, but now BA will probably extend a player like Alvaro or will Smith.

If mannah got axed for lack of leadership than that’s ironic. BA should sack himself.

Pretty sure that the final say on recruitment has been taken away from BA. He has significant input, however Mark "Chainsaw" O'Neill is the hirer and firer now.

JokerEel

Coach
ok Enough of this Mushy Mannah Stuff.

Someone explain why this isnt a 10 in the bin when Sivo's tackle on Hughes was almost the same? Both first contact with the head.

Delboy

First Grade
Just a thought on Tim, unfortunately he was OK off the bench but off the mark when asked to start. Probably had a job at the club after his playing career, strange that he would leave for perhaps one more year, then again his manager is not known for long term views.

Sad to see him go, but as Gus said last night, there have not been enough opportunities given to young players coming through, perhaps that is beginning to change given the younger forwards showing promise now.

It's been said before, but loyalty is sometimes a curse when running a team or a business, maybe it's a good thing that the HOF doesn't have a player connection at the club. The crucial thing now is Recuitment and promotion of the players in the system.

For too long the roster has been filled with experienced journeymen, clubs like Roosters, Broncos, Storm and Sharks turn to young players to fill gaps for short periods, thats not a thing we have done consistently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thought he was having his best year in a long time. Was giving us impact off the bench. Unfortunately the 2 games he started he was ineffective.
All the best Timmy. Cannot question his commitment or dedication for the Eels.
Hope he gets a few more years playing here or in Super League and nicely sets his family up for life after footy.
He would've earnt about $2M before his 30th birthday. His family are set no matter what he does.

eel01s

Bench
ok Enough of this Mushy Mannah Stuff.

Someone explain why this isnt a 10 in the bin when Sivo's tackle on Hughes was almost the same? Both first contact with the head.

Clearly only Parra players are subject to the sin bin plus suspension as it has only been applied to us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Whoever made this call is showing a lot of leadership. And it's not necessarily Arthur's.

chiefy1

Juniors
However BA did drop him to NSW cup which is a fair indicator he is the one making the decision

Arthur is not the one making the decisions. If it was up to Arthur Norman would have stayed.

Moeroa will now be the players eligible fot discount.

Alvaro has another year due to an option in his favour.

Gurr & O'niell have full control of recruitment & are calling the shots. It was obvious ba didn’t know what he was doing & it was obvious in 2018 when his short term view hit the fan

Latest posts