What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Titans

Iafeta

Referee
But a lot of wingers would have finished the many many many tries that he hasn't managed to finish due to either lack of skill, positioning, speed, finesse over the last season and a half.

I wouldn’t say this season. He’s scoring at a strong rate this year.

And last season he played inside Solomone Kata and therefore should be named in the Queens honours list for not punching his centre out on the field. There was a couple of occasions later in the year where it looked like the thought crossed his mind.

jaseg

Juniors
3 Ken
2 RTS
1 Leeson

HM. halves

But a lot of wingers would have finished the many many many tries that he hasn't managed to finish due to either lack of skill, positioning, speed, finesse over the last season and a half.

I think that applies much more to pre-2018 Ken than anything since. That Ken was _awful_ inside the 20. This one? Nah, not really. Doesn't have top end speed, but that's not unique in the NRL... particularly for the one workhorse many teams carry out wide. The guy has obviously worked - a lot - on his positioning and finishing skills.

Hov

Juniors
3 Ken
2 RTS
1 Leeson

HM. halves

I think that applies much more to pre-2018 Ken than anything since. That Ken was _awful_ inside the 20. This one? Nah, not really. Doesn't have top end speed, but that's not unique in the NRL... particularly for the one workhorse many teams carry out wide. The guy has obviously worked - a lot - on his positioning and finishing skills.

Yes I definitely agree on his improvement but for me personally I think he should still be better at that end of the field.

vvvrulz

Coach
Congrats Wazzas, forgot the game was even on and couldn’t really be bothered with a replay.

Very weird to be 10th on the ladder and 2 points shy of he 8

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You didn’t miss much mate. It was a battle between Ebola with a touch of E.coli and Aids.

I think it shows where we really are. Average or a bit below, better than the basket cases but not fit to hang with the big boys.
Still, we’re still in with a shot to finish on a par with last season, which after losing SJ would be a creditable result.

jaseg

Juniors
I think it shows where we really are. Average or a bit below, better than the basket cases but not fit to hang with the big boys.
Still, we’re still in with a shot to finish on a par with last season, which after losing SJ would be a creditable result.

On a par as in 8th place-ish, sure (but still, probably not). But not as in win-totals. We were only 8th last season because it was one of the weirdest ladders you'll ever see.. most years that win total gets you in the 3rd-5th range.

The biggest difference isn't SJ/attack anyway, I think - we won a lot of (particularly early) games off the back of defence in 2018. Hasn't been close to that this year.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Roger Tuivasa Sheck

RTS 27
Maumalo 23
Green 11

Nikorima 2
Ah Mau 2

11 voted

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm really interested as to why every week someone says 'Ken is not a winger'.

To me, without Ken, we're probably about 2 wins, 11 losses. He easily has the best post contact metres in the comp. He has the most run metres (shield your eyes from who is second). Does every winger have to fit a one-size fits all mould? He's still a decent finisher, much improved defender, yeah he has his moments under the high ball but gee, so much better than the eight-loss in a row days.

I say he is a winger, and a f**king good one at that.

TheDMC

Bench
I'm really interested as to why every week someone says 'Ken is not a winger'.

To me, without Ken, we're probably about 2 wins, 11 losses. He easily has the best post contact metres in the comp. He has the most run metres (shield your eyes from who is second). Does every winger have to fit a one-size fits all mould? He's still a decent finisher, much improved defender, yeah he has his moments under the high ball but gee, so much better than the eight-loss in a row days.

I say he is a winger, and a f**king good one at that.

Hear hear. I'd just like to do a Zeromissedtackles, pump up my own tires, and say that I was on the Ken bandwagon, along with R&S, well before it rolled into town and everyone else jumped on. My favourite warriors player along with RTS.