What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell

Belta

Juniors
That’s a great set-up belta.
But you can’t leave it there.
:weary:
I’m dying to know what happened to your elderly neighbour.
Is he ok and what does he think of Souths 2019 under Bennet.

Any chance of Episode 2?
Hang over that fence?
Knock on the door?

Ha, ha. Sorry not being ignorant but just spotted your post.

To be honest he is very elderly and definitely from a bigone era. It won’t be easy but I 100% will engage him on Souths. I’m sure he still looks in on them. He is very brief now-a-days and is focused on the fact his children have him booked in for a retirement home in Sylvania, so I better not take too long.

to_ddeath

Coach
And there were posters bagging out OV for leaving??
After these last 2 calamities...who could blame anyone for ditching the joint?
Quite embarrassing times.

possm

Coach
And there were posters bagging out OV for leaving??
After these last 2 calamities...who could blame anyone for ditching the joint?
Quite embarrassing times.
I have been feeling a great urge to suspend my interest in the Club but after following the Saints for approximately 60 years, I just can't bring myself to do so. This does not alter the fact that I am totally discusted in the fact that the Board has extended a failed coach's contract so early in the season. To make matters worse the CEO supported this action.

No matter who is in our squad, I feel there is no way we can begin to rise out of the depth of despair until this imposter of a coach is gone.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I have been feeling a great urge to suspend my interest in the Club but after following the Saints for approximately 60 years, I just can't bring myself to do so. This does not alter the fact that I am totally discussed in the fact that the Board has extended a failed coach's contract so early in the season. To make matters worse the CEO supported this action.

No matter who is in our squad, I feel there is no way we can begin to rise out of the depth of despair until this imposter of a coach is gone.
The only interest I have now in the game is this forum

Not sure why this post is on here but in an effort to be inspired by OV I suggest the following
If the top coaches cannot be levered out of their current situations (Bennett was the exception) then you only have 3 options
1. ESL coaches
2. Pick one of the current lower level NRL coaches who like our coach have ordinary records and next to no hope of ever winning a comp
3. Have the balls to pick a rookie like JD who IMO would be no worse option than any of the coaches covered in point 2 and has far more potential than any of them.
Our lack of ability to get access to those covered in 1. Combined with our lack of vision to use 3. Means we inevitably fall into 2. And Mc Gregor is on par with them so our BOD get away with extending him.
Nice post but the stand out exception is Toovey with nearly a 60% win ratio.

Latest posts