What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rant

Weaponhead

Coach
Rugby League really is a merciless COAT. 3 weeks ago Morris is looking like a genius. Steered the team through the injury crisis. Just smashed Parra. Got the key players back and looking good to crack top 4 and a fair crack at taking out the comp.

Nek Minit....... lifeline is jammed taking calls from distressed Sharks fans. Morris looks like his cat died and this forum has erupted.

Windy70

Juniors
Jack Williams deadset cost us the game yesterday with costly misses and dropped balls.
Have to watch it again mate. He didn't stand out over some others. I'm not just talking about this game, referring to the last few losses that we should have won.

For Example - and only an example. Duges is 5th in the NRL error Tally right now. Sorry M2 but is he getting paid by the error? that doesn't make him the heart and soul of shithouse run, but it is noteworthy.

M2D2

Bench
Have to watch it again mate. He didn't stand out over some others. I'm not just talking about this game, referring to the last few losses that we should have won.

For Example - and only an example. Duges is 5th in the NRL error Tally right now. Sorry M2 but is he getting paid by the error? that doesn't make him the heart and soul of shithouse run, but it is noteworthy.
Yeah but when you defend williams, Mr Penalty/error/no defence in the same post, hard to take the point seriously.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Rugby League really is a merciless COAT. 3 weeks ago Morris is looking like a genius. Steered the team through the injury crisis. Just smashed Parra. Got the key players back and looking good to crack top 4 and a fair crack at taking out the comp.

Nek Minit....... lifeline is jammed taking calls from distressed Sharks fans. Morris looks like his cat died and this forum has erupted.
Solid Post - I can put it down to the shock experienced by the events you mentioned. Riding the high of highs and now the low of lows. Reminds me of the Raper years, particularly the one where we missed the finals after a hot start to the season.
Don’t blame people for being dirty and most on the forum here are really expressing their disgust in the probally the best place possible - ie. try talking to your mrs about it, even some mates who are either sharks fans or other teams. You can really talk about it, without sounding like a nut.
Piss weak effort in the last 3 outings and the opposition probally hurts more than anything. We lose to Souths, roosters or Melbourne and most would probally be accepting.
This week might be some more pain

Windy70

Juniors
Yeah but when you defend williams, Mr Penalty/error/no defence in the same post, hard to take the point seriously.
Williams has played how many NRL games ? Gets paid how much? Is how old?

Anyway, not getting into this. Waste of forum paper. I'm no expert, never claim to be. Just an observer that takes note of how many times I almost throw my beer through the TV when I'm watching the footy.

M2D2

Bench
Williams has played how many NRL games ? Gets paid how much? Is how old?

Anyway, not getting into this. Waste of forum paper. I'm no expert, never claim to be. Just an observer that takes note of how many times I almost throw my beer through the TV when I'm watching the footy.
Yeah i dont put too much stock into Pay.
The kid has alot of talent, a f**ktonne of it, he nearly won us the dogs game... But he has no brain. If he doesnt come into that, we are so f**ked.
And we are being found out week in week out with his lack of brains, but instead we get people screaming cancer.
Im just not blaming Mr Glass who keeps putting in for the team despite some thinking hes a cancer.

fizman

Bench
I am a Rugby League expert. The core issue is the difference between our best and worst football - the difference is unacceptable.

The general consensus is that we can beat anyone in this competition, we also know that we can and have lost to the team coming last.

What separates Melbourne and the rest is the difference between best and worst.

Here’s the secret. Melbourne play systems and structures and they practice until they can do it in their sleep.

Everyone else is far too reliant on available playing talent.

The evidence is in the number of players that leave Melbourne on much bigger contracts and fail - Proctor, McClean, Blair, etc.

lolesi

First Grade
I am a Rugby League expert. The core issue is the difference between our best and worst football - the difference is unacceptable.

The general consensus is that we can beat anyone in this competition, we also know that we can and have lost to the team coming last.

What separates Melbourne and the rest is the difference between best and worst.

Here’s the secret. Melbourne play systems and structures and they practice until they can do it in their sleep.

Everyone else is far too reliant on available playing talent.

The evidence is in the number of players that leave Melbourne on much bigger contracts and fail - Proctor, McClean, Blair, etc.

Bit rough on McLean. Injured most of last season and has been pretty good this season. Averaging over 130 metres a game and 30 tackles.

Good player.

Agree though with proctor and blair. Even Hoffman went to garbage when he left.

fizman

Bench
McClean is a good player, the argument is that no player has really go on and improved their performance after leaving Melbourne.

Ben Hampton was actually the player I was thinking of as a prime example.

I have some close connections at the Easts Tigers and Sunshine Coast Falcons - it is amazing how it all works.

The emerging Storm players are moved around like Chess pieces and Bellamy has total control of who plays where and how many minutes etc.

They are all playing to the same systems and structures so when they get the call they slide straight in with no problems.

Whilst it’s no Q Cup, I would love to see Cronulla develop the same model within our Junior Base. Get them playing under the same systems and structures.

The Wollongong Comp is very strong with a few ex NRL players - it would be good to see the development of our own competition for the greater good of the Sharks.

I know this is a controversial thought, but I would like to see a pathway where an A Grade player from Cronulla- Caringbah can be selected to play in a Cronulla Intrust Super Cup Team (Not Newtown) and then NRL.

I love Newtown and the history, but I would like to see us really focus and develop our own players from within the Shire.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Braindead is not seeing we lost before we took the field.

No longer play as a team.

I am sure his stats are fine, as that is what is about., for him.

All about him. Braindead is missing it.
Goundhog Day!!!!!!

McClean is a good player, the argument is that no player has really go on and improved their performance after leaving Melbourne.

Ben Hampton was actually the player I was thinking of as a prime example.

I have some close connections at the Easts Tigers and Sunshine Coast Falcons - it is amazing how it all works.

The emerging Storm players are moved around like Chess pieces and Bellamy has total control of who plays where and how many minutes etc.

They are all playing to the same systems and structures so when they get the call they slide straight in with no problems.

Whilst it’s no Q Cup, I would love to see Cronulla develop the same model within our Junior Base. Get them playing under the same systems and structures.

The Wollongong Comp is very strong with a few ex NRL players - it would be good to see the development of our own competition for the greater good of the Sharks.

I know this is a controversial thought, but I would like to see a pathway where an A Grade player from Cronulla- Caringbah can be selected to play in a Cronulla Intrust Super Cup Team (Not Newtown) and then NRL.

I love Newtown and the history, but I would like to see us really focus and develop our own players from within the Shire.
I had to read this and the preceding post twice to get past the "hate cheatin melbourne " head block and try to understand it.Some really astute assesment there about melbournes sytems and structures.