What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New television

jargan83

Coach
I really rate it, I thought I was having issues at one point but they were on my end.

Might have to give it some thought, I don’t have the total package as far as Foxtel is concerned - basic + sport + entertainment (comedy, Syfy etc) but a lot of what I used to watch on Fox is on either Stan or Netflix these days.

My Samsung doesn’t have the app for Kayo but easily fixed if go grab a chromecast or something. Kayo says they’re going to have an app out for Smart TV’s and consoles but no date for release.

soc123_au

Staff member
It depends what you are watching on it. My main TV is a 65" OLED, sport and movies on it are amazing. I've got a 49" LG 4K (Not OLED) in the bedroom. It is also a great TV, but not as good as the OLED obviously. The OS on the LG's is fantastic. I love the smart remote and all the smart functions are easy to use. In the outdoor area I've got a Sony 85". I really wanted the 86" LG, but the picture on the Sony shits on the 86 LG from a fair height. The Sony Smart O/S is ok, but not really a patch on the LG. Outside is mostly for sport,so size and picture quality were the most important features for that TV.

adamkungl

Immortal
Just switched over from Foxtel to Kayo on an LG OLED.

Looks 90% great. Big bright HD, no lag, etc.
Only thing bothering me is when a ball is kicked or passed long, the motion is 'flickery'.
Its not an internet speed issue. I think it's because Kayo streams at 50fps and the TV has a higher refresh rate. Might be able to fiddle with the TV motion blur settings to get a better result.

Lambretta

First Grade
For anyone who said their remote is cactus..... we bought a One For All remote that is specifically for Samsung TVs as my daughter smashed the original

Works a treat. Absolutely brilliant
Ordering one for the Panasonic as the on off button is a bit ropey

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just switched over from Foxtel to Kayo on an LG OLED.

Looks 90% great. Big bright HD, no lag, etc.
Only thing bothering me is when a ball is kicked or passed long, the motion is 'flickery'.
Its not an internet speed issue. I think it's because Kayo streams at 50fps and the TV has a higher refresh rate. Might be able to fiddle with the TV motion blur settings to get a better result.

What are you running Kayo via? Smart TV app, browser, chrome cast, Telstra
TV or AppleTV?

Lambretta

First Grade
So running in a web browser on the laptop? I've heard the browser version can be a bit flaky, I run it via HDMI from the smartphone app and haven't noticed any jerkiness.

My mate runs it through Apple TV and its generally fine.

We were watching the cricket World Cup and there were some flaky moments but generally it was fine

I just switched from Foxtel Platinum for $90 / month to Kayo + Netflix for $35 / month.

Sure Kayo is not as good as Foxtel through the box but its close enough to make the savings worthwhile. The only thing I genuinely miss about Fox is the channel guide. Made everything easy having all the channels in a linear box but I guess I'll just get Telstra TV or something similar and that should sort out that issue.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’m gonna grab an AppleTV soon for Kayo, will be good to get the split screen/picture in picture options. Still for $12.50 a month I can’t complain (I split my subscription with a mate).