What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast-Ipswich Titans

BuffaloRules

Coach
I see no reason why the Gold Coast Titans can’t continue their proud history and colours in the Qld Cup right??

That’s the advice that fans of some Sydney teams get given during difficult times..

Sounds like they'll get renamed also... how about?

The Brisbane/Gold Goast Giant Charging Seagull Crushers.

Can some one mock up a heritage round jersey "4 clubs 1 team"

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Sounds like they'll get renamed also... how about?

The Brisbane/Gold Goast Giant Charging Seagull Crushers.

Can some one mock up a heritage round jersey "4 clubs 1 team"

Can we merge them with the North Sydney Bears and have them rebranded as the Gold Sydney North Coast Bear-Titans.... they would have a collective of 100 years of mediocrity between them.

The Great Dane

First Grade
What a disappointment they have been.. they should have bought in the Central Coast Bears instead in 2007...

Nah, what the NRL should have done is kicked Souths straight back out of the competition as soon as the restraint of trade ruling was overturned, then it wouldn't have been necessary to expand before they were ready and Sydney wouldn't be as much of a mess as it is now.

greenBV4

Bench
Give Wollongong a team before they get judged to harshly.
Not judging, that venue, like Robina, is sitting a few thousand lower than usual this year and is usually a lot better. At the end of the h/a season last year Robina had the 14th best average out of 28 venues used, basically on par with ANZ and much better than Shark Park, Canberra and Brookvale.

But if the "breaking news" going round is true none of this matters anyway.

I doubt the people of Brisbane will start following the titans just because they move to Suncorp and change their name, so they'll pick up hardly any new fans there and loose a lot of the ones on the gold coast, and basically all of the fans in their large catchment south of the border. Sure they mightn't of had many to begin with but some is better than none.

For a second Brisbane team to work and compete against the Broncos it had to be done right, I don't think thats the Titans, and I doubt they''ll go ahead with a Brisbane 3 now before other markets.

The Great Dane

First Grade
As I said in another thread-

So long as the Suns exist in the manner that they do the NRL would be absolutely mad to touch the Titans, imagine the PR boon that it'd be for the AFL and the nightmare that it'd be for the NRL.

You also have to keep in mind that the word in AFL land is that everybody, except some bigwigs at the AFL and the Suns themselves, are keen to see them relocated to Tasmania.

I can't believe that I'm saying this (because I'd normally be fundamentally opposed to such things), but what the NRL should be doing with the Titans is a bunch of backroom deals to set them up with a top-notch team, force them to be as successful as possible on the pitch and hopefully that success on the pitch will lead to success off it, and put all the pressure back on the Suns.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I see no reason why the Gold Coast Titans can’t continue their proud history and colours in the Qld Cup right??

That’s the advice that fans of some Sydney teams get given during difficult times..

If there were nine clubs in the region you’d have a point

Stallion

First Grade
If there were nine clubs in the region you’d have a point

Funny maths!? Is there over 6million people on the Gold Coast PR? Suggest 9 clubs from the Illawarra area through to the NSW Central Coast is hardly oversupply given the math involved!? Well over 6million people in those NSW regions alone. Mathematics not a big "go to " for some on this site!?

Pommy

Coach
Funny maths!? Is there over 6million people on the Gold Coast PR? Suggest 9 clubs from the Illawarra area through to the NSW Central Coast is hardly oversupply given the math involved!? Well over 6million people in those NSW regions alone. Mathematics not a big "go to " for some on this site!?

But it is oversupply that’s why no merkin goes.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Here we go again with the "if you pretend that the CC and Illawarra are part of Sydney then I'm right" argument.

The Illawarra and Central Coast are not part of Sydney, bundling them into Sydney's population is not only horse shit, it's incredibly disingenuous horse shit.

But aside from that, supply and demand has almost nothing to do with population size, so it's a totally baseless point anyway because you can do all the "math" that you like it doesn't change the fact that there isn't enough demand in Sydney to support the amount of NRL clubs that are already in the city!

Stallion

First Grade
But it is oversupply that’s why no merkin goes.

Nope. A number of factors including poor transport infrastructure, geographical barriers such as Sydney's terrain which also makes attending games difficult, negative chatter concerning longstanding established clubs that are supported not just in there Sydney area but outside of Sydney, untimely poor weather ,poor timeslots and expensive ticket prices are problematic obstacles. The negativity associated with the "whiteanting talk" of existing established clubs is also a disturbing and constant concern. (but you know all about how that works? Don't you!)

Stallion

First Grade
Here we go again with the "if you pretend that the CC and Illawarra are part of Sydney then I'm right" argument.

The Illawarra and Central Coast are not part of Sydney, bundling them into Sydney's population is not only horse shit, it's incredibly disingenuous horse shit.

But aside from that, supply and demand has almost nothing to do with population size, so it's a totally baseless point anyway because you can do all the "math" that you like it doesn't change the fact that there isn't enough demand in Sydney to support the amount of NRL clubs that are already in the city!

You idiot. Whom are the St George Illawarra Dragons representing! ? The Central Coast is a very real and close market underutilized by the NRL. Gee Wizz! You are still proving so ignorant and mathematically challenged. And by the way these are existing and potential markets you are trying to not include in the overall market scenario. Amazing stuff!
PS: If you think population does not factor in market related promotions and reach; you are truelly the delusional idiot you continue to be.! POPULATION DOES MATTER AND ITS PROXIMITY AND RELEVANCE TO EACHOTHER IS GOLD! It's noted you are twisting vital factors like population and for that matter it's density in a way to suit your flawed attack on existing established NRL club fan bases. Pretty poor and pathetic but consistent .

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
You idiot. Whom are the St George Illawarra Dragons representing! ?
Doesn't change the fact that the Illawarra isn't part of Sydney. . .
The Central Coast is a very real and close market underutilized by the NRL. Gee Wizz!
Yes the CC is real close to Sydney, but it's still not a part of Sydney. . .
You are still proving so ignorant and mathematically challenged. And by the way these are existing and potential markets you are trying to not include in the overall market scenario. Amazing stuff!
No I've included them in the "overall market scenario" (whatever that is), I've just found both wanting when compared to other options.

Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Christchurch, Wellington, maybe even places like Waikato, Dunedin, Geelong, etc, if they could be pulled off, are all better options.
PS: If you think population does not factor in market related promotions and reach; you are truelly the delusional idiot you continue to be.! POPULATION DOES MATTER AND ITS PROXIMITY AND RELEVANCE TO EACHOTHER IS GOLD! It's noted you are twisting vital factors like population and for that matter it's density in a way to suit your flawed attack on existing established NRL club fan bases. Pretty poor and pathetic but consistent .

Firstly, I've got no f**king idea what a "market related promotion" is.

Secondly, I said no such thing as population does not factor into selecting a market to expand into in the expansion of a business. I did however say that population size has almost nothing to do with supply and demand (which is a fact, I can explain it to you if you like), and the problem the NRL has in Sydney is of supply and demand.

Stallion

First Grade
Doesn't change the fact that the Illawarra isn't part of Sydney. . .

Yes the CC is real close to Sydney, but it's still not a part of Sydney. . .

No I've included them in the "overall market scenario" (whatever that is), I've just found both wanting when compared to other options.

Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Christchurch, Wellington, maybe even places like Waikato, Dunedin, Geelong, etc, if they could be pulled off, are all better options.

Firstly, I've got no f**king idea what a "market related promotion" is.

Secondly, I said no such thing as population does not factor into selecting a market to expand into in the expansion of a business. I did however say that population size has almost nothing to do with supply and demand (which is a fact, I can explain it to you if you like), and the problem the NRL has in Sydney is of supply and demand.

Lol. You have no f**king idea. If you think that St George Illawarra Dragons is not representing the Illawarra and St George areas ? : You are seriously deluded! Population size and density are so extremely important particularly when the existing cuture has a history of supporting a specific code or competition. This being the NRL in Sydney and surrounds! .I'm quite astonished at how consistently deluded and ignorant you are. Think you take the cake.

Last edited:

Latest posts