What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Thump goes the Parra CBD apartment market. 3 bedder that sold off the plan years ago for $1.28M sells in 2019 for $990k.

https://www.propertyobserver.com.au...ta-apartment-sale-shows-30-drop-in-value.html

To be fair Gronk, the same could be said for real estate right around the country. This may just be an extreme example of what has happened to real estate in general.

Anyway, Harry doesn't appear to be too perturbed. He has already started construction on twin towers beside the Parramatta ferry terminal, both of which are taller than his Church street tower.

180George_E02_Exterior-Hero-Hove_1920x800.jpg

180George_E01_Hero-Ground_1920x800.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
To be fair Gronk, the same could be said for real estate right around the country. This may just be an extreme example of what has happened to real estate in general.

Anyway, Harry doesn't appear to be too perturbed. He has already started construction on twin towers beside the Parramatta ferry terminal, both of which are taller than his Church street tower.

180George_E02_Exterior-Hero-Hove_1920x800.jpg

180George_E01_Hero-Ground_1920x800.jpg
Not 30%. Most markets have adjusted 10-15%. It's just supply v demand. There is an oversupply there right now.

T-Boon

Coach
Maybe they should try that safe standing area out for an eels game. That said there is already great standing areas behind between the tiers.

TheRam

Coach
Not 30%. Most markets have adjusted 10-15%. It's just supply v demand. There is an oversupply there right now.

I think that that is a good thing. The more over supply we have the better chance that people can start to afford to buy their homes again. All these investment property portfolios have artificially pushed up prices beyond the average mugs affordability.

This comes from me a real estate investor who has benefited on the back of bad policy tax incentives to speculate. I should never been allowed to use tax payer money for my benefit. This has only made real estate way to expensive.

A 3 bedroom Harry Triguboff apartment of all things should not be worth anything near $1m ffs.

Gronk

Staff member
I think that that is a good thing. The more over supply we have the better chance that people can start to afford to buy their homes again. All these investment property portfolios have artificially pushed up prices beyond the average mugs affordability.

This comes from me a real estate investor who has benefited on the back of bad policy tax incentives to speculate. I should never been allowed to use tax payer money for my benefit. This has only made real estate way to expensive.

A 3 bedroom Harry Triguboff apartment of all things should not be worth anything near $1m ffs.

A bullish real estate market is a symptom of a strong economy in a city with a high global liveability index ranking. If you want affordable, then you have to apply those same supply / demand laws and go live in a less popular city.

Name me an stunning city with amazing weather, on a harbour, lined with cool beaches with low unemployment, high wages, low crime with affordable housing. Yeah it doesn't exist.

Latest posts