What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
The $729 million knock-down and rebuild of the Sydney Football Stadium has been thrown into chaos after the NSW government said construction giant Lendlease would not complete the project.

Sports Minister John Sidoti said Lendlease had not been able to meet the government's requirements to rebuild the stadium on the Moore Park site on budget by 2022.

97bf4e16d90e91aecd2f79550a4f39e2

"The project budget for Sydney Football Stadium is $729 million which includes stage one [demolition] and stage two [reconstruction] works," Mr Sidoti said.

"Lendlease’s stage two offer did not meet the government’s expectations so we are looking for another builder in a competitive market."

The government announced in December 2018 that Lendlease was the "construction contractor" for the entire project.

Stage one, the demolition of the previous stadium, which opened in January 1988, has been mostly completed.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...26-p52b7u.html

Pantherjim.

Referee
The $729 million knock-down and rebuild of the Sydney Football Stadium has been thrown into chaos after the NSW government said construction giant Lendlease would not complete the project.

Sports Minister John Sidoti said Lendlease had not been able to meet the government's requirements to rebuild the stadium on the Moore Park site on budget by 2022.

97bf4e16d90e91aecd2f79550a4f39e2

"The project budget for Sydney Football Stadium is $729 million which includes stage one [demolition] and stage two [reconstruction] works," Mr Sidoti said.

"Lendlease’s stage two offer did not meet the government’s expectations so we are looking for another builder in a competitive market."

The government announced in December 2018 that Lendlease was the "construction contractor" for the entire project.

Stage one, the demolition of the previous stadium, which opened in January 1988, has been mostly completed.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...26-p52b7u.html

Hahahahahahaha!

The latest LNP State Government f*ck up. Brought to you by the good folks at: “ Hey You voted for it! (Because I certainly didn’t)”

ash411

Bench
What ever they had done, people would have complained...

They cancel the contract. complain
They dole out more money to LendLease to keep the project going. complain.

At least they are doing the right thing by the taxpayer and not letting the budget blow out.

Why are the dogs advertising this game as the Battle of the West? lol. trying to establish a footprint in the west as they move further and further out here I guess.

I have spent the last 3 weeks in Rome, Paris and London (3 of Europes largest cities but 2 still smaller than Sydney) and each of these cities have bus, train and metro systems that actually support their populations and make it easy to move around. We are so far behind it isn't funny.

I heard the German trains are so reliable you can set your watch by them

TheRam

Coach
Dogs vs Penrith at Bankwest crowd 10,062.

Shocking really.

Really? The Dogs are vying for the spoon and the Panthers are a yo yo team that regularly disappoint their fans. Why would many of them make the effort? I kind of think 10000+ is flattering to both those teams considering.

Winning brings fans. Period! or, eh...Full stop!

Gronk

Staff member
Really? The Dogs are vying for the spoon and the Panthers are a yo yo team that regularly disappoint their fans. Why would many of them make the effort? I kind of think 10000+ is flattering to both those teams considering.

Winning brings fans. Period! or, eh...Full stop!
Clutch game for Penrith to make the semis. Novelty factor new ground. 15,000 was the line in the sand IMO.

strider

Post Whore
Clutch game for Penrith to make the semis. Novelty factor new ground. 15,000 was the line in the sand IMO.
Probably not an ideal timeslot either ... 5:30 Sat is a bit no mans land

I would say timeslots from worst to best
Thurs 8pm
Fri 6pm
Sat 5:30pm
Sat 3pm
Fri 8pm
Sun 2pm
Sat 7:30pm
Sun 4pm

The first 2 are a write off for crowds, and Sat 5:30 not far behind

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Staying at the 'Sugar Shaker' (aka Hotel Grand Chancellor) in Townsville for work.

This is a view of the new stadium construction from my balcony.

#PorkBarrelling

PhotoPictureResizer_190805_174405973_crop_2780x1407.jpg