What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Roosters @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Roosters v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seage

Juniors
I agree. I was angry before this game even started. Last week felt to me like where our season ended, and today’s heavy loss was always coming I felt. But it’s not today that defines our season, it’s games like last week where we were actually pathetic.

Pretty much this. I'm still filthy about that Dogs loss. The Dogs are the worst team ever assembled and we let them beat us. Just like last year. We've returned to the dumb footy of years past where not only do we stop our own momentum, we completely accelerate the opposition.

This team as a going concern should be shut down.

Brown says in the press conference that it's not going to be a very nice review on Monday..

I bet that means there will be one change next week, King to come back into the side.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Didnt see the game but the stats are terrible. Looks like a few players should be dropped . Levi 1 run for 14mtrs ? Sione 1 run for 7 mtrs ? Can that be correct ?

Klem had a good game as did Herman, Kayln and Hunt .....the rest ? Maybe Pearce with the boot .....

Wheels have fallen off and they better get their shit together or its goodbye 2019

Yosh

Coach
Didnt see the game but the stats are terrible. Looks like a few players should be dropped . Levi 1 run for 14mtrs ? Sione 1 run for 7 mtrs ? Can that be correct ?

Klem had a good game as did Herman, Kayln and Hunt .....the rest ? Maybe Pearce with the boot .....

Wheels have fallen off and they better get their shit together or its goodbye 2019

Pearce had some bad bad kicks when we were 20 out from their line.

I feel Hunt is a better centre than winger also. SKD was really good. They kept attacking his side with kicks but defused all of them.

newyboy

Juniors
These guys made first grade, so they obviously have a drive to succeed.
They have set their own standard this year.
How can you not come out and perform as best you can, for yourself, for your jersey, for your town and supporters?
Because they have a wage which is guaranteed win lose or flop for the next 3 years and will get a job in the mines if they are not resigned.

Yosh

Coach
Hi all, I had a couple of drinks last night and had time to reflect on the game again so gonna try to put my thoughts into some semi-congruent sentences.

The first 50 or so minutes were great. The Roosters as the reigning premiers. We were toe to toe if not unlucky not to be ahead by one or two tries.

I think many of us have had our expectations of the team jump from

'I'm happy to make the eight and see Klemmer, Pearce and Ponga run out in the red and blue'

to:

'Why aren't we winning every single game?'

The first 50 minutes were great. Apart from Mann and Ramien having the worst game of their lives, we were in the arm wrestle. Then when they got out to a two score lead, the players just gave up. I don't know if that's the coaches fault or the captains but someone needs to put their hand up and take responsibility. Everyone out there would have known how important our for and against is but they just let the the tries roll in.

Our bench needs work. We have the players to make a strong bench but Brown insists on having two tiny players on the bench plus Sione in the starting side. That's basically 3 utility players. I can't see a scenario where a team needs more than one utility player. Buhrer needs to go. He offers nothing but 'leadership' but now we have enough of it from Pearce, Klemmer and Glasby.

Levi is showing us why we are chasing the Sharks lad. Watson needs more than 10 minutes coming off the bench to fill in for Levi.

All in all, a terrible game. If we were playing to our potential then we should have won the games against the Warriors and Dogs and lost this game by a try at most. The we would be 5th on table with a great for and against.

I'm still a fan of Brown and hope he learns from these past few weeks and leads us into a good finals charge.

On a positive note, how good is Ponga?

Knight Vision

First Grade
We've had sooooo many chops and changes to the spine over the course of the season with little chance of some continuity for the players. Fair enough injury and rep duties have played a part but I think the team selections has had a hand as well.

Silent Knight

First Grade
We've had sooooo many chops and changes to the spine over the course of the season with little chance of some continuity for the players. Fair enough injury and rep duties have played a part but I think the team selections has had a hand as well.

Yeah I'm not going to apportion too much blame on Kurt. Since he's arrived he's played hooker, fullback, centre and 5/8 without any sort of continuity. Give the poor bloke one position and let him work at it.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yeah I'm not going to apportion too much blame on Kurt. Since he's arrived he's played hooker, fullback, centre and 5/8 without any sort of continuity. Give the poor bloke one position and let him work at it.
or the same could be said for Lino in and out all season, as with Watson who's also played multiple positions without a chance to nail down one ( I'm convinced he'd be a good hooker ) Sione has again been shuffled round this year.

None have been given a crack at getting some sort of familiarity in a position and give the team some continuity and cohesion. .

TooheysNew

Coach
So we've had Lino, Ponga, Levi, Mann, Watson and Pearce missing at various points of the season, injuries to our lower grade backups, and we're upset that Brown has changed players around to field a team?

The f*ck?

Knight Vision

First Grade
So we've had Lino, Ponga, Levi, Mann, Watson and Pearce missing at various points of the season, injuries to our lower grade backups, and we're upset that Brown has changed players around to field a team?

The f*ck?
hardly anymore than the average NRL side.

unless theyve been injured Musgrove, Hoy or Crossland would appear to be selections that could of been made to avoid changing the spine again and again. But I'll go with Brown's decisions as he's on the ground and we're just seeing things from an outsiders perspective.

TooheysNew

Coach
hardly anymore than the average NRL side.

unless theyve been injured Musgrove, Hoy or Crossland would appear to be selections that could of been made to avoid changing the spine again and again. But I'll go with Brown's decisions as he's on the ground and we're just seeing things from an outsiders perspective.
Pretty sure theyve been injured. Or unable to play

Latest posts