What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I heard Arrow is on 600. If so I'd offer him 800k max and that's it. The talk of offering him the money we are paying Packer and Matts is stupid. We are not just one forward away from having a great or even a good pack and if he gets injured and goes on rep duty then we are in the same position we are now. Paying big money for no results. We need to find good young forwards like Twal. Guys who don't get big wraps but are great performers. Sign two or three of these for next year and keep going. Yes are backs are trash but once we have a great pack then the room will open up for who brooks etc and the backline benefit from that.
Lachlan Timm is in Dragons reserves and is killing it most weeks. Former Melb prop from Qld originally. Not sure if is he off contract but he's the sort of low budge signing you are talking about.

Matulino surely medically retired although rumour has it he had a bad knee when we signed him (which would make medical retirement harder)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Arrow is definitely worth 800k. He is the type of player that will give 100% every game no matter how we are travelling on the ladder. He's played at GCT so he is used to playing for a struggling team. He will add iron to our pack, something we don't have at all.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Arrow is definitely worth 800k. He is the type of player that will give 100% every game no matter how we are travelling on the ladder. He's played at GCT so he is used to playing for a struggling team. He will add iron to our pack, something we don't have at all.

Arrow has recently said he doesn't want to leave Qld / GC. Unless his manager can assure he is talking out of his hat, WT should not waste any time or effort. Publicly say WT withdrawing any interest due to his statement, say our action respected his wish. Time to play hard ball with all the playerS, agents and clubs. WT are no longer patsies.

Would be a good buy.
Would be an excellent buy.

goal kicker, leader, goal kicker, inspires, clever, goal kicker, mentor and can kick goals.

Apparently wants to head to Europe before his kids get too old but if it was 1 year for him v Marshall. I'd take Maloney.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Looks like Jimmy Maloney MAY become available? He would certainly tick a few boxes for us.
A swap with Josh maybe.

I’m sure someone on here said previously that Sheens approached Maloney, albeit a long time ago, and he told him he would never play at Wests Tigers?

west4ever

Juniors
Clean the joint out and go for a team similar to this.
1 Thompson
2 Nofoaluma
3 Walker ( from manly )
4 Mbye
5 Kahu ( from cowboys can kick goals )
6 Cust ( from manly )
7 Brooks
8 Burgess ( from rabbits )
9 Segeyaro ( from broncos )
10 Twal
11 Matterson
12 Kapwell ( from sharks )
13 Aloiai

14 Masters
15 MCK
16 Mekaeli
17 Welch ( from storm )

Shredder

Juniors
I dont hate that team W4E and honestly with our current cap position its probably the best we could put together.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m sure someone on here said previously that Sheens approached Maloney, albeit a long time ago, and he told him he would never play at Wests Tigers?

I'm not sold on getting him. I think we should be targeting a young half (like flanagan who just went to the rorters) however basically every player will come here for the right dollars.

tiger102

Juniors
1 Thompson / Mulitalo ( Sharks)
2 Kahu ( Cowboys )
3 Hunt ( Knights )
4 Mbye
5 Funa ( Manly Goal Kicker )
6 Brooks
7 Cust
8 Ese'ese ( Knights)
9 Liddle
10 Twal
11 Matterson
12 Capewell ( from sharks )
13 Mago ( Broncos)

14 Hampton ( Cowboys)
15 Aloiai
16 Mikaele
17 Kalache ( Dogs )

Shredder

Juniors
I recon Kahu would be a great step in the right direction for this club.

Hes a better than average outside back and kicks goals.

macnaz

Staff member
1 Thompson
2 Nofoaluma
3 Walker ( from manly )
4 Mbye
5 Kahu ( from cowboys can kick goals )
6 Cust ( from manly )
7 Brooks
8 Burgess ( from rabbits )
9 Segeyaro ( from broncos )
10 Twal
11 Matterson
12 Kapwell ( from sharks )
13 Aloiai

14 Masters
15 MCK
16 Mekaeli
17 Welch ( from storm )
No thanks.

A new team selection is all just fun and games by we arm chair selectors but like macnaz, I’m a no, why?
Well, what does a mass clean out achieve?

1 Thompson - yeah he’s ok but as a (spine player, I’d want more)
2 Nofoaluma - no doubt a great club man but do you really want to retain him with his brain snaps in defence and his continued running across field. Played under a few coaches now and still doing the same old shit.
3 Walker ( from manly ) - comes with baggage, but yeah would be ok.
4 Mbye - what has he shown?
5 Kahu ( from cowboys can kick goals ) - I like this selection.
6 Cust ( from manly ) - you want an experienced 5/8 playing, he could turn out to be a one season wonder except for th3 fact he is playing for a team that is certainly on the up. I wouldn’t leave the insular peninsula if I was him.
7 Brooks :disappointed:
8 Burgess ( from rabbits ) - what grub is that?
9 Segeyaro ( from broncos ) - like Walker, he comes with baggage and places him nearer his old Sydney mates.
10 Twal
11 Matterson
12 Kapwell ( from sharks ) - great choice
13 Aloiai

14 Masters - wait and see, maybe the goal kicking was playing on his mind/confidence if he can turn it around, I’d retain him instead of Mybe.
15 MCK - gives the team a player that can play a similar role to Capewell, do they need 2?
16 Mekaeli
17 Welch ( from storm )

I do however see some upsides in guys we already have so what’s the point in cleaning out and not giving guys within a go, the likes of Bellyache will pick them up and you’d be one who just blames the coach for letting them go. I’d give Bradley, Talau, Cini, Clarke and Madden a go first.

it is all hypothetical but i think an easier job is to come up with 5, 10 or 15 names from entire squad who you would show the door to.

Latest posts