What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

M2D2

Bench
Why the hell would you move every game to Port Macquarie? Its an example of how at least 1 game, can already be done better, than Kogarah.
9 to go.
Next.
Play Manly at home , at Norths Sydney oval.
Play Knights, at Gosford.
Play Dogs & leichardt.
Play Tigers at Belmore.
OR VICE A VERSA(spelling it out for the dumbos)
FIJI for Raiders
PNG for Cowboys
Broncos at Gold Coast
Gold Coast at Broncos
(OR VICE A VERSA)

All grounds have great corporate set up equal to existing Shark Park. Crowd numbers & ticket sales will be higher than Shark Park.
Membership will stil be high with some of the annual seats membership being offset by country ticket sales.
Shire people will get a chance to leave the Shire.
Interstate people will rejoice.
Too many idiots on this forum.

Quicksilver

Bench
Probably best for you to leave. Facts are hard to deal with. You asked for 10 better options than kogarah, I just gave you about $750k worth of better options & an investment in increasing brand awareness.
But hey, just go to the Dragaons home ground to watch your team. It's easiest.

Yes. I’m sure established Shire based corporates (which a large portion of them are) would be thrilled to offer their shire based customers and employees corporate suites at Leichhardt or Belmore.

What a win.

Not too much thought in your proposal but there isn’t much thought in any of the fluff you post here.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes. I’m sure established Shire based corporates (which a large portion of them are) would be thrilled to offer their shire based customers and employees corporate suites at Leichhardt or Belmore.

What a win.

Not too much thought in your proposal but there isn’t much thought in any of the fluff you post here.

Actually I’ve had a bit to do with the companies that get boxes at Shark park.
I’ve been to plenty of games in Corp boxes thru my mate.

Most of them have come about by one dude who is a sharks fan.
Usually a salesman.
He has convinced the company to get a box that he can take clients to.

The company itself doesn’t give a shit about the location.
Most of the time I got a gig because there was spare tix.
ie the salesman couldn’t get people to go - even with free beer and food
A box at BankWest would be way more popular than Shark park.
The travel is not even a consideration because they are all on the company Uber/taxi credit card.

What a win.

The Shire based ones are already leaving because of Kogarah. Start with zero sponsors & zero corporate boxes. Thats your base to wrok from.

I am sure the club is considering the Kogarah option, purely to appease the local whingers like Quicksilver. There is no doubt, that Bankwest is a better option. Kogarah should be the last resort, not the go to.

Quicksilver

Bench
The Shire based ones are already leaving because of Kogarah. Start with zero sponsors & zero corporate boxes. Thats your base to wrok from.

Ha.

So no one will come over? Not one of those businesses will take on the inconvenience of maybe 10 minutes further by the car?

As they say, it's It's easier to retain a customer than to attract a new one. Think of all the resources you need to put into your travelling circus idea. All at a time when resources are already stretched.

Let's ignore our established base and instead chase Bankstown-based Shark friendly companies for a one off game at Belmore (a ground that is probably worse anyway).

I'm sure that is way easier than getting a local corporate with an already established relationship to sign up for a 6 match package at Kogarah.

What a laugh.

You really are a moron.

Keep peddling your "Val is a shit player" line. That insight worked out well for you.

Quicksilver

Bench
Why cater for the regular fan base when they can look out for the internet dork that flies in for one game a year at Leichhardt.

carcharias

Immortal
Ha.

So no one will come over? Not one of those businesses will take on the inconvenience of maybe 10 minutes further by the car?

As they say, it's It's easier to retain a customer than to attract a new one. Think of all the resources you need to put into your travelling circus idea. All at a time when resources are already stretched.

Let's ignore our established base and instead chase Bankstown-based Shark friendly companies for a one off game at Belmore (a ground that is probably worse anyway).

I'm sure that is way easier than getting a local corporate with an already established relationship to sign up for a 6 match package at Kogarah.

What a laugh.

You really are a moron.

Keep peddling your "Val is a shit player" line. That insight worked out well for you.

10 mins??

Bullshit

6 games now?
What about the other 6??

Quicksilver

Bench
10 mins??

Bullshit

6 games now?
What about the other 6??

I don't know when you drive but I'm constantly on the road for my job at different times though the day. The drive to Kogarah is far easier than any other ground in Sydney.

And yeah, I'd say that from most places in the shire it's only about 10 minutes further than Shark Park. For some places it's probably actually closer. It's just across the bridge and located along a main thoroughfare that moves reasonably well at most times of the day.

In any case it's waaaay closer than Parramatta. If Kogarah takes an hour then Parramatta takes 3 hours.

I've said consistently that you probably need about 5 or 6 games as close to home as possible to keep the current ticketed membership engaged. If the club chooses more at Kogarah- fine. If there is another option for the remaining games that's fine too. But I think it's pretty critical that you give the current membership the easiest alternative to stay connected.

People might travel to Bankwest once or twice. They are unlikely to do it 5,6,7,8 times.

Quicksilver

Bench
Actually, if I put it in to google, it tells me that it takes 20 minutes to get from Engadine to Shark Park and it takes 23 minutes to get from Engadine to Jubilee.

its nothing to do with the Drive. its to do with the experience. As Carch says, corporate sponsorship is usually driven by 1 or 2 in any given business. Already Mine & Carchs business are not going to kogarah.
Others may change their mind & others may sign up for the first time, for whatever reason.
As for losing customers, a shiny new ground & club, will soon change that. In fact, I reckong it wouldbe better to start with zero, with a new ground.
As for travelling circus, the only people travelling are players. Local business & councils are the ones who take up the sponsorship & corporate options. The ones who can never get to a sydney game.
If we played 5 games out of bankwest & took the rest to the road, there are twice as many boxes, at least, at bank west as there are at Kogarah. Better parking & better transport options.
The worst option by far for brand awareness & attracting new fans & corporates is Kogarah. Its almost gifting clients to St George.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't know when you drive but I'm constantly on the road for my job at different times though the day. The drive to Kogarah is far easier than any other ground in Sydney.

And yeah, I'd say that from most places in the shire it's only about 10 minutes further than Shark Park. For some places it's probably actually closer. It's just across the bridge and located along a main thoroughfare that moves reasonably well at most times of the day.

In any case it's waaaay closer than Parramatta. If Kogarah takes an hour then Parramatta takes 3 hours.

I've said consistently that you probably need about 5 or 6 games as close to home as possible to keep the current ticketed membership engaged. If the club chooses more at Kogarah- fine. If there is another option for the remaining games that's fine too. But I think it's pretty critical that you give the current membership the easiest alternative to stay connected.

People might travel to Bankwest once or twice. They are unlikely to do it 5,6,7,8 times.

Hahahahaha
10 mins further from most places in the shire?
Hahahahaha
Even closer???
Hahahahaha

By train all stops
Sutho to woolooware takes 11 mins
Sutho to Carlton takes 23 mins
That’s 12 mins difference

you reckon you can do it quicker by car

Hahahahaha

https://www.railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=1451&tstyle=

Quicksilver

Bench
Way off actually
Trains don’t have peak hour traffic to contend with.

Well a lot of people take public transport to the game.

And peak hour will only apply to Thursday and Friday night slots. And shire folk will be travelling in the opposite direction to the peak hour flow.

Drivers are going to have to battle with peak hour traffic in those slots whether they are going to Shark Park, Kogarah or Parramatta. Time to Shark Park and Kogarah would remain similar for a lot of the Shire. Parramatta would blow out even worse.

As I said above, type it in to google. it only takes 3 minutes more to get to Kogarah from Engadine.

The ease of the locality over every other option simply can't be disputed.

Latest posts