What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

A lot of salty tears in the last few pages. You can shout conspiracy all you like but the reality is that the NRL judiciary has been an absolute lottery this year for everyone.

Burgess rolled the dice on his charge and won.

Simple as that.

Diesel

Referee
Todd should be held responsible for this. He’s “leading the game”
All season the administration bumbling and backflipping and on going officiating has been terrible.
You’re out of your depth. Step down

simmo05

Bench
Well yeah, they haven’t punished a bloke for clobbering a guy in the head... but at least they also allowed said concusses bloke to remain on the field.

The concussion class action lawsuit must love the NRL.
If this isnt at the front of mind for the administration, it bloody should be. Surley they will have to demonstrate how they are discouraging attacks on the head, and shit like this will play into the hands of the lawyers.

GongPanther

Referee
Roosters fans - "Burgess is such a thug"

Also Roosters fans - "Adrian Morley was, like, the best player eva"
The difference being that Morley did get suspended. These days, there are obvious discrepancies that are embarrassing in our game, and it is a thick shitty smear on the game.

GongPanther

Referee
This has got to be the most whacked out season in regards to judiciary inconsistencies. Completely random.
Every time some new hi-jinks appears on the h, the confidence of league supporters in general gets eroded away.

It as if the ruling body of the game is on a suicide mission.
All shit aside I really don’t get how a guy can have a record of being charged 15 times by the judiciary, put a high shot on a player, get charged, be found GUILTY yet not miss a single game.
Years ago, you had a player who had say 3 or 4 priors and you got sent of again, you would be easily doing 6-8 weeks.

These days, because of the weight of money, and who is involved with whatever club, leniency is applied rather than towards more less fancied clubs.

Two weeks ago Kiks made a fair tackle on a bloke deemed to have been illegal,didn't hurt him,yet gets two weeks.

The MRC must think the Sun shines out of Burgo's arsehole after putting Moylan into hyperspace.

Last edited:

VictoryFC

Bench
Super Sunday.

Televised game on Nine.

1st vs 4th.

Teams from Australia's two biggest TV markets.

Key player set to miss game for high tackle that concussed an opponent?

You're avin a laugh.

If Souths were playing Gold Coast on Saturday would've been a different decision.

Simples.

coolsteve

Juniors
Yup. As soon as Bennett signed for souffs , you knew how the ball was going to roll . It’s a love fest . Wish Les Boyd was still playing . Mother Burgess must be so proud of her boys

Frailty

First Grade
Every time some new hi-jinks appears on the h, the confidence of league supporters in general gets eroded away.

It as if the ruling body of the game is on a suicide mission.

Years ago, you had a player who had say 3 or 4 priors and you got sent of again, you would be easily doing 6-8 weeks.

These days, because of the weight of money, and who is involved with whatever club, leniency is applied rather than towards more less fancied clubs.

Two weeks ago Kiks made a fair tackle on a bloke deemed to have been illegal,didn't hurt him,yet gets two weeks.

The MRC must think the Sun shines out of Burgo's arsehole after putting Moylan into hyperspace.

It was a shoulder charge, so it wasn't a 'fair tackle'.

But I agree if that was worth two weeks, this tackle should be a minimum of three.

Super Sunday.

Televised game on Nine.

1st vs 4th.

Teams from Australia's two biggest TV markets.

Key player set to miss game for high tackle that concussed an opponent?

You're avin a laugh.

If Souths were playing Gold Coast on Saturday would've been a different decision.

Simples.

Or if Greenberg turned up to the hearing

TheFrog

Coach
Todd should be held responsible for this. He’s “leading the game”
All season the administration bumbling and backflipping and on going officiating has been terrible.
You’re out of your depth. Step down
The entire judiciary, match review, points and fines system needs to be taken out the back and shot. It throws up some ridiculous anomalies.

Card Shark

Immortal
The fines are a joke.

Burgess on say $650k a year gets fined $2,000 = 0.3% of salary.

Rookie on minimum wage, say $100k a year gets fined $2,000 = 2% of salary.

It’s obviously designed by the players to support the stars!

BadnMean

Juniors
And fines are bullshit as a punishment anyway as some clubs will find ways to play an extra hole or two with players to make it up- or just give up the pretence entirely & send Andrew Gee out to the carpark with a brown paper bag.

It should always be points. Whether it's 10 or 25 points they will all count in the event a player continues to endanger others- which is entirely the thing the judiciary is there to try & stop. Fines aren't much of a disincentive - as you've noted- and are a cheap way to keep star players on deck.

GongPanther

Referee
It was was taught to drive with the shoulder. a shoulder charge, so it wasn't a 'fair tackle'.

But I agree if that was worth two weeks, this tackle should be a minimum of three.
Not when you have the arms wrapping around the player in the act of making a tackle. What does the MRC expect?...to have every tackle with the arms hitting the player 1st? When I played, I was taught to drive hard with the shoulder.

Frailty

First Grade
Not when you have the arms wrapping around the player in the act of making a tackle. What does the MRC expect?...to have every tackle with the arms hitting the player 1st? When I played, I was taught to drive hard with the shoulder.

He literally tucked his left arm. That's never how you were taught to tackle.

Kids are taught, arms out, hit with shoulder, and wrap the arms.

roofromoz

First Grade
Burgess needs the Travis Burns treatment.

Like this?

images

Lebbo73

Bench
surely no one's surprised. As I said before , this year has a smell of 2014 about it and the NRL will do anything for their love children. Lets just hope they don't rub all other sides out and the scum get to kick off to no one again and claim a victory against the grass on the other side.
Once a scab team always a scab team.
I hate Souths with a passion but if you truly believe they were gifted the 2014 premiership you’re f**ked in the head. Souths were the best side by miles that year from the start of August.