What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ram raid

Bench
Joey pounces on any kind of gay innuendo. And sometimes makes flat out gay jokes. I don't know what that's all about. I find it funny (obviously), but it's weird as hell.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I really wish commentators and RL journalists would just act and speak more professionally. I hate the commentators calling players by their nicknames all the time - Tommy Turbo for example. I am also getting pretty sick of hearing the word ‘freak’.

I also wish they wouldn’t play up the matey angle in interviews. Why do they always get Andrew Johns to interview the NSW players and Lockyer to interview the QLD players for example. It is really unprofessional seeing the commentators laugh and joke or smirk if their team has won, or the depressed look if they have lost. Send a neutral out there.

I also think there is a problem with constantly talking up players in an over the top way. I think the commentators do this because 1) they are friends with the players and want to put in a good word for their mate and 2) saying nice things gets them in the good books for the inevitable interactions in interviews or comedy segments.

That’s a bit of a rant but anyway...

mongoose

Coach
Sunday footy show this morning has been painful. Freddy is acting up, while Erin encourages him. Wally speaks in nothing but boring cliches and has bizarre inconsistent opinions. According to Wally, Manly will finish 7th at best and the Knights are too strong at home not to make the finals. Except that they have lost to the Tigers and Bulldogs at home in the last 3 weeks...

The Marshall

Juniors
The Fox team tonight is ear bleeding stuff. Speed and Anasta doing most of the call then you get Anthony Griffin chiming in like he’s just gotten out of bed.

Latest posts