What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VictoryFC

Bench
The JT experiment needs to end quickly. Even if he trotted out insightful commentary, which he doesnt, he doesnt have the voice or delivery for it. He is suited to comedy panels, and thats it

After watching the atrocity tonight from the Panthers and Tigers - I'd put both Greg Alexander and Matt Shirvington at the top of the list..

Alexander's worst offering, amongst bad offerings was this gem..

"that's the best come from behind win I've seen". The best he's seen?!?!?!?!

Shirvington then pipes up..

"was that field goal the highlight of the year so far?".

That game was the worst game in terms of quality and skill I can recall. An absolute bludger. I don't expect commentators would be as harsh in their call as fans would - but to suggest such inane "insights" as those above makes a mockery of these two.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I don’t like to criticise, and generally like the Fox commentary team better than nine (actually anything is better than nine), but before the Eels vs Storm game on the weekend I heard this gem from Matthew Johns:

“The Melbourne Storm are an organisation built on honesty which is why they’ve been so good for so long”. Not the exact words but you get the idea. I almost choked...

Incorrect

Coach
Luke Lewis is starting to grate a little for me.... His constant use of the words "outstanding" and "beautiful" during ABC commentary is very annoying.

Bobcat Ryan was the very same when he first started commentating but thankfully evolved. Hopefully Luke Lewis will too...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I swear some of these commentators need glasses. Cant exactly remember the game but when they went to the bunker a bloke loses the ball over the line, then you had one commentator say "thats a knock on" and you can hear the other bloke go "Where??".

TonyT6

Bench
MG last night on the Rush Hour said "Parramatta are struggling with their salary cap as they have to cough up big money for Brad Arthur and Gutherson".

Is MG the only one who thinks the coach is included in the players salary cap?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Had to laugh at Ray Warren last night, mispronouncing Tim Cahill as Tim Carl, and then crossing to Ruan Sims and calling her Ruin. PLEASE RETIRE!!!
There's a reason for that.

The Cahill Expressway in Sydney (named after former NSW Premier John Cahill) was always pronounced KARL not KAY-HILL.

axl rose

Bench
Had to laugh at Ray Warren last night, mispronouncing Tim Cahill as Tim Carl, and then crossing to Ruan Sims and calling her Ruin. PLEASE RETIRE!!!
He gets edgy whenever anyone tells him anything, especially Johns. He snaps back with "yes I know that!" a lot these days. Now 10 years past his expiry date.

Nerd

Bench
Andrew Johns for mine. Great player but shit commentator. Luckily I have Fox and only have to mute him speaking during Origin games.

King hit

Coach
Andrew Johns for mine. Great player but shit commentator. Luckily I have Fox and only have to mute him speaking during Origin games.

Don’t mind Johns. He knows the game very well and can break down plays and offer some good analysis. Just wished he would stop calling everyone a potential star.

Inkers75

Juniors
As a Pom listening to the NRL via internet stream I've found recently the ABC stream is very quiet. (maybe because of the distance it has to travel to reach me!) As such I've listened recently to NRL Nation which seems to be ok. The thing that does make me chuckle are the adverts they slip in between commentary! Doesn't happen much in the UK.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Joey had more of a fixation on Valentine Holmes hat than breaking down what's happening on the field today. Not the first time he has picked something else to focus on (was forans hair a few rounds ago).

He is like trying to train a dog and getting it to focus and then it sees a squirrel

King hit

Coach
Watching games on 9 really remind me how useless Lockyer is. No insight, can’t put a sentence together and has the worst commentary voice.

Latest posts