What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd22: Non Parra games

Kornstar

Coach
Its funny ... this time last year we were arguing about how f**ked BA is. Now we are outraged he is not up for coach of the year

Bellamy and Stuart imo are the only 2 who should be considered. We have been winning but i am rarely impressed with how we win.

When was the last good team we beat? Have we beaten any this year? Sure it’s a significant improvement on last year but we will be destroyed by any of the top 5, and even Souths playing shit i have zero confidence in us.

T.S Quint

Coach
Bellamy and Stuart imo are the only 2 who should be considered. We have been winning but i am rarely impressed with how we win.

When was the last good team we beat? Have we beaten any this year? Sure it’s a significant improvement on last year but we will be destroyed by any of the top 5, and even Souths playing shit i have zero confidence in us.

We beat Canberra. Away from Bankwest.

emjaycee

Coach
So one time this year? That’s a good strike rate.

There was an origin impact on that game wasn’t there?
Like every team, every round, Souths fielded their best 17 available players, as did we.
They were depleted by both injury and Origin and yet still managed to have all 3 Burgeii in their starting team.
We were missing our best number 6 and our best number 13 and had to start with Will Smith in the halves, so I reckon the ledger was actually pretty well balanced and we still managed a 4 tries to 2 victory.

Noise

Coach
I don't think there is one, it's more just "media talk"
That’s what I would have thought but @Suitman seemed very confident he wasn’t in contention for some reason. Suity where did you see/hear this? I'm genuinely interested.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Like every team, every round, Souths fielded their best 17 available players, as did we.
They were depleted by both injury and Origin and yet still managed to have all 3 Burgeii in their starting team.
We were missing our best number 6 and our best number 13 and had to start with Will Smith in the halves, so I reckon the ledger was actually pretty well balanced and we still managed a 4 tries to 2 victory.

Ok 2 then. We’re gonna win the comp......as long as we don’t come up against the Storm or Roosters i guess......and that won’t happen either......we have it in the bag!!!

Noise

Coach
Ok 2 then. We’re gonna win the comp......as long as we don’t come up against the Storm or Roosters i guess......and that won’t happen either......we have it in the bag!!!

Melbourne have struggled against the top sides too. They have lost to the roosters, manly and Raiders.

T.S Quint

Coach

I think you’d be hard pressed to find anybody here who thinks we will win the comp. We aren’t the best side, but we’ve done pretty well this season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
68904222_2248897708699702_2864088165264654336_n.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
Melbourne have struggled against the top sides too. They have lost to the roosters, manly and Raiders.

Good point, in high quality games too.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find anybody here who thinks we will win the comp. We aren’t the best side, but we’ve done pretty well this season.

To be totally honest i was happy in general how we played against the Roosters earlier in the season, we stayed with them for 67 mins or something and then they put the afterburners on us.

A couple of games scared me, the Storm, Raiders (in Canberra), Cronulla and Manly. We were blown off the park in 3 of those games and to a lesser extent in Canberra where a wrong forward pass call probably broke our back.

The common denominator was they were all away from home and after round 1 of the finals every game will be away against a good team and running into the finals we play one good team and that is Manly in round 26.

I’m certainly happy with our season so far but i am dreading the embarrassment of being blown off the park in the finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Raiders where tipped bottom 4 by most bar Mik who loaded up on them
They are 3rd.
Parra also tipped in bottom half and are top 8. Ricky's teams done better.

Storm have been exceptional but plenty would of had them in there top 4. Not to say it isnt a great coaching effort.

I'd also throw Hasler and D.Pay into the mix. Des transformed Manly while D.Pay has the worse squad in comp yet pulled off some great wins.

T.S Quint

Coach
Raiders where tipped bottom 4 by most bar Mik who loaded up on them
They are 3rd.
Parra also tipped in bottom half and are top 8. Ricky's teams done better.

Storm have been exceptional but plenty would of had them in there top 4. Not to say it isnt a great coaching effort.

I'd also throw Hasler and D.Pay into the mix. Des transformed Manly while D.Pay has the worse squad in comp yet pulled off some great wins.

Bellamy should be the only choice. His team is so far out in front of everyone else even after losing their superstar fullback. Just because they were expected to be good shouldn’t diminish his achievement.

As for Raiders, it’s not like Ricky went in there this year after they sacked their coach last season. He was there last year when they were shit. He’s done a great job getting his team to where they are now but just because they were shit last year and now they’re not shouldn’t put him above Bellamy.

And I f**ken hate Bellamy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bellamy should be the only choice. His team is so far out in front of everyone else even after losing their superstar fullback. Just because they were expected to be good shouldn’t diminish his achievement.

As for Raiders, it’s not like Ricky went in there this year after they sacked their coach last season. He was there last year when they were shit. He’s done a great job getting his team to where they are now but just because they were shit last year and now they’re not shouldn’t put him above Bellamy.

And I f**ken hate Bellamy.
Ricky hired Ennis.
Bernie hired Potter.

Latest posts