What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Juniors
Been reading these comments in silence for a few days now.

Here is my take on it

Api replaces Katoa - that's a yes for me
Masters replaces Whare - that's a yes for me
JWH replaces RCG - that's also a yes.

Cant see how any of these 3 trades is a downgrade.

TheFrog

Coach

Here is my take on it

Lovely, provided it fits within the cap. Except for JWH, I don't think we need him and he would cost a packet.

Kilkenny

Coach
Lovely, provided it fits within the cap. Except for JWH, I don't think we need him and he would cost a packet.

If he want’s too much money we simply don’t go after him.

At his age three years at 500K maximum is pretty much the most he can hope for regardless of where he ends up.

Kilkenny

Coach

Here is my take on it

There may be a relationship between coach Cleary and Masters so perhaps it is a possibility but he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in 2019.

The yak

Juniors
There may be a relationship between coach Cleary and Masters so perhaps it is a possibility but he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire in 2019.

Maybe he hasn't adjusted to McGuire's style.
I think changing from right to left hasn't helped him either. Some players can't play both sides.

Panfa

Juniors
Part of me wants the tigers to win cause i cant stand the sharks but seeing how the tigers supporters were jumping with joy when roosters ended our season hope they get slammed lol.

mxlegend99

Referee

Here is my take on it

JWH is past his peak with no real chance at improving.

RCG has been poor. Withoit doubt. But age is still on his side and over the next 3 years I would back him to ultimately be better than JWH over the same period. Especially if JWH decides to piss on his career by joining us.

The problem is RCG is not worth anywhere near what we are paying him. Meaning we will have to pay a considerable amount toward him when he plays elsewhere. JWH wont come cheap either. So chances are we wont be any better off cap wise with one or the other.

I have no issue trying to fix our cap by trading out RCG. But I dont see us improving by trading him out for a guy who is on the decline with zero chance to reverse it but still demanding a big salary.

Especially not with our coaching and training staff. We would be lucky to get 80% as much out of a player as Roosters do. At best he might start off in Roosters condition and form..10 weeks later he will be conditioned to our club though.

Abacus

Juniors
JWH is past his peak with no real chance at improving.

RCG has been poor. Withoit doubt. But age is still on his side and over the next 3 years I would back him to ultimately be better than JWH over the same period. Especially if JWH decides to piss on his career by joining us.

The problem is RCG is not worth anywhere near what we are paying him. Meaning we will have to pay a considerable amount toward him when he plays elsewhere. JWH wont come cheap either. So chances are we wont be any better off cap wise with one or the other.

I have no issue trying to fix our cap by trading out RCG. But I dont see us improving by trading him out for a guy who is on the decline with zero chance to reverse it but still demanding a big salary.

Especially not with our coaching and training staff. We would be lucky to get 80% as much out of a player as Roosters do. At best he might start off in Roosters condition and form..10 weeks later he will be conditioned to our club though.
By this logic, regardless of who we recruit/retain, they will be a failure. We may as well pack it up for the next 4 years then.

From a less emotional/depressive viewpoint, the club needs to continue to recruit quality players. For whatever reason, RCG has decided to halfarse it since he signed his big deal - he's not the first Panther junior to do that.

From the club's view there needs to be an assumption when making player decisions that Dave's mate and the other coaching staff know what they're doing and the training and conditioning will be at the required level in 2020.

kinghippo

Juniors
A dragon supporter friend of mine mentioned yesterday we may be in the hunt for Lachlan Timm, he would be a good signing.
He thinks he has a bit of inside info.
He spoiled the conversation by saying we were looking at aitken also.

Status
Not open for further replies.