What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
I bet you think Cbus should open the southern stand too

Nope. Practical is part of my and others approach. But so should customer choice? Just think if you are in first , you should get the seats you prefer. (within practical reason)

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
NRL clubs should watch the documentary on ESPN called College 150.
Very interesting insight into how colleges in the big ten conferences built big crowds (3 schools get 100k plus every game). Michigan in particular.

Stallion

First Grade
Oh sorry---

The fact that AAMI Park haven't released restricted views seats yet must be a conspiracy by Foxtel and Rugby Union to make Rugby League look bad, preventing it from growing and preventing it from returning the Northern Sydney Bears to top-flight competition.

? Strange response? But you go ahead!

T-Boon

Coach
What the Michigan football program did was give away a lot of free tickets so that the crowd was capacity. They had done research that showed people want to attend events that have big/capacity crowds. So a few years worth of heaps of free tickets bought decades of sold out capacity crowds.
I mean, I assume that the NRL clubs have done this kind of research themselves because we all know they leave no stone unturned.

bazza

Immortal
What the Michigan football program did was give away a lot of free tickets so that the crowd was capacity. They had done research that showed people want to attend events that have big/capacity crowds. So a few years worth of heaps of free tickets bought decades of sold out capacity crowds.
I mean, I assume that the NRL clubs have done this kind of research themselves because we all know they leave no stone unturned.
Economics may be different
- I assume that Michigan own the stadium
- Salary for Michigan players would be lower than the NRL

Rooster8

Juniors

Stallion

First Grade
That's what most of your rants are about-- right?

Why else are you upset that the AAMI Park crowd (which I'm assuming you're not even going to the game) is being encouraged to buy seats that they can actually see in?

Still strange and doesn't make sense! Wow!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Economics may be different
- I assume that Michigan own the stadium
- Salary for Michigan players would be lower than the NRL

The US college football dept operating costs would be huge for a top college team compared to the costs of most NRL clubs. Michigan for example pay their head coach $9.5million a year (Aus) and operate on an expenditure budget of about $47million (Aus) compared to most NRL clubs on around $26million (Aus).

Filling the stadium certainly worked for them, they now rake in around $58million (Aus) in gate takings a year, about 50% of total revenue.

Source:https://www.mlive.com/news/2016/08/michigan_college_football_cost.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
Get 2 for 1 tickets to the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final

Take in every thrilling moment of the unmissable 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final with 2 for 1 tickets for Telstra Plus members.

Pre-sale starts: 11am AEST Wednesday 18 September*
Pre-sale ends: 11am AEST Friday 20 September*
*AEST

https://www.telstra.com.au/plus/tic...MIsMHO0rvZ5AIVRAwrCh0eVwGYEAAYASAAEgKZwPD_BwE

I'm hoping part of the Telstra sponsorship deal that gives their customers some benefit, hopefully they are paying for it!

Latest posts