What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Dragonsamy

Bench
Timm parents Geoff and Donna want me to pass on there thanks to all the fan who have supported and acknowledged Lachys effort and abilities this year.
cheers to all

I know you may not be able to say but is he going to stay in your opinion George.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If he is as bad as that post suggested, I’d be ok if Drags keep Field and send Sailor
Sometimes people like to generalise. Sailor landed a beauty, about 30-40 metres out and about 5cm in from touch.

He was right in front of us.

You know that sound you hear when the ball is kicked perfectly? That's what we heard. It went straight between the posts, never in doubt.

The notion that Sailor is a poor goal kicker is bs. He may have off days, I really don't care about that. But he knows how to kick goals.

Newtown won through their forwards. They were tiring late in the game and let in some points, but they were ultimately the better team on the day.

Bench
Timm parents Geoff and Donna want me to pass on there thanks to all the fan who have supported and acknowledged Lachys effort and abilities this year.
cheers to all
Will he be with us next season. He looks like he could play off the bench at this time,

Belta

Juniors
cheers to all

After about 30 minutes Soward comments ; “How Lachy hasn’t played first grade this year is beyond me” says how much Soward rates him. I think he was very strong also. I think It was no coincidence the Dragons comeback coincided with Timms second stint, (along with Kafusi who was also very strong today)

I thought Jackson and Kerr performed well in first grade this year and thought watching today’s game Timm had more impact than both. So hearing a forum member say he believes Timm would not be good enough to have any impact in first grade does surprise me. I guess we all see different things.

I am still concerned with Sailors defence. If he’s going to be our fullback saviour than he’ll have to work a lot to improve this area of his game. The try scored right on the half time bell was the fault of him and Field. It looked like Field didn’t want a bar of tackling that winger. That’s not good enough IMO, not even for reserves. The error he made not letting the ball bounce was also a turning point. It was these errors, missed goals and drop balls, tough calls that in the end was the difference. Overall I’m sure they’d be pleased with the year but disappointed with today’s execution.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
From the game today,

I have seen Timms play a few times now and I dont believe he is ready for first grade. I know he has some great stats but I dont see him having alot of impact in attack or defence.

Sailor just gets better and better but I dont know where you play him.

Field looked like he was already playing for the Sharks today, did stuff all.

Clune is a footballer and should be the backup half-5/8 for first grade.

Jackson Ford worked his butt off and is going to serve SGI well into the future.

Nicholls was disappointing and some of his kicks were very poor, Reese Robson is not in the same class as McInness who is the best hooker in NSW.

Pereira is a reserve grader and its disappointing Masters is going as there seems to be a lot of potential there and he is young.

And why would you start with Maranta when you have Runciman who is a better defender and a better attacker.

This was a game that SGI lost, the Jets didn't beat them. They beat themselves.

In terms of hookers, Cook is lightyears ahead of anyone else.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
From the game today,

I have seen Timms play a few times now and I dont believe he is ready for first grade. I know he has some great stats but I dont see him having alot of impact in attack or defence.

Sailor just gets better and better but I dont know where you play him.

Field looked like he was already playing for the Sharks today, did stuff all.

Clune is a footballer and should be the backup half-5/8 for first grade.

Jackson Ford worked his butt off and is going to serve SGI well into the future.

Nicholls was disappointing and some of his kicks were very poor, Reese Robson is not in the same class as McInness who is the best hooker in NSW.

Pereira is a reserve grader and its disappointing Masters is going as there seems to be a lot of potential there and he is young.

And why would you start with Maranta when you have Runciman who is a better defender and a better attacker.

This was a game that SGI lost, the Jets didn't beat them. They beat themselves.

Agree: Timm looked like an atypical plodder, particularly in his first stint. The second time he came on, he was better. Let’s see if he generates any interest from other NRL clubs.

In the forwards, both Ford and Kaufusi had greater impact.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree: Timm looked like an atypical plodder, particularly in his first stint. The second time he came on, he was better. Let’s see if he generates any interest from other NRL clubs.

In the forwards, both Ford and Kaufusi had greater impact.
Its an issue when you stand out forwards are in todays standards light weights
Ford was pushed and carried back 5 metres + at times. Kaufusi not so much but slowish to get up but had a good game but show he should...it was reggies
Kerr ran hard and had punch but had a few errors and tried some stupid offloads in the line

Newtown always had more grunt and expansive play both sides of the ruck.
Nicholls, Field have lost me forever..dont care where they end up
Robson did not show much until later in the 2nd half...glad we kept McInnes for now
Lovudua was used incorrectly and should got some game time at 9

TheFlash

Juniors
re Sailor i have heard the "rumours" that he will end up at the Broncos, if we don't give him game time next year he may be off, with the Broncos needing a fullback and halves this is a possibility, even though he is a QLDer he has grown up in Wollongong so home is really Wollongong, hope he stays beyond next year...

Latest posts