What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

The Great Dane

First Grade
How hard would it be to put in tempory seating ? there is plenty of room at the southern end of GIO. Pretty poor decision.

It shouldn't be hard at all, the temp seating already exists (/existed, I've got a sneaking suspicion that it may have been sold or destroyed) and it's designed to fit in at Canberra stadium.

The only reason it's not being used is because of local politics.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So do I, would be a massive boost for RL

Its incredible what theyve done in the past few years.

I looked at their Facebook page and seems like they have all these different themes for the home matches, say food and beer day, 80s week, superheroes day.

They really seem to promote it and gets new people interested in the game.

I hope other cities in Canada continue to grow the game.

siv

First Grade
Canberra venue looks like it's too small for a finals game

About to sellout before public can buy tickets

beave

Coach
Canberra venue looks like it's too small for a finals game

About to sellout before public can buy tickets

i see it as a good thing, become a club member and it gives you an insurance policy for big game ticket harvesting???? I have zero sympathy for ‘fans’ who miss out on big finals tickets for their club when they’re not members of said club. Even unticketed membership gives you early bird rights.

Suitman

Post Whore
i see it as a good thing, become a club member and it gives you an insurance policy for big game ticket harvesting???? I have zero sympathy for ‘fans’ who miss out on big finals tickets for their club when they’re not members of said club. Even unticketed membership gives you early bird rights.

Exactly.
This creates demand for memberships.
The theatre goers can get f**ked.

Stallion

First Grade
If it sells out great.
It didn’t sell out last year or the years before.
It’s a nice change.

A ground record crowd for any sport was achieved at final between Souths & Easts at the SFS last year. Over 44000. It was an awesome atmosphere. THE EAST CHANT was very impressive.

carcharias

Immortal
A ground record crowd for any sport was achieved at final between Souths & Easts at the SFS last year. Over 44000. It was an awesome atmosphere. THE EAST CHANT was very impressive.
The 83k at Homebush for the 2016 GF was probably louder.
82999 all cheering for the Sharks

shear_joy9

Coach
It shouldn't be hard at all, the temp seating already exists (/existed, I've got a sneaking suspicion that it may have been sold or destroyed) and it's designed to fit in at Canberra stadium.

The only reason it's not being used is because of local politics.

it really is an embarrassment that they couldn't arrange it. Two weeks to get it sorted and the muppets still couldn't. And now they are trying to bullshit everyone by saying it was too expensive to setup. Would rather they just came out and say they couldn't be f**ked

30,000 attendance and stadium record goes begging

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Meltdown in progress-- I'm not sure which one is more glorious-- the Carcharias one today or Stallion's one yesterday.

Its fairly obvious to everyone here what carcharius is alleging. If you cant see this then you're the only one.

If the Sharks develop a shopping centre and residential development they can become a cash rich club and everyone benefits.

Time to pull your head in a stop the bickering and hijacking of this thread. Consider this a warning.

The Great Dane

First Grade
it really is an embarrassment that they couldn't arrange it. Two weeks to get it sorted and the muppets still couldn't. And now they are trying to bullshit everyone by saying it was too expensive to setup. Would rather they just came out and say they couldn't be f**ked

30,000 attendance and stadium record goes begging
Nothing to do with couldn't, it was that they wouldn't do it.

If they put in the extra seating and the Raiders sold out 30k seats then that heaps a ton more pressure on them to build a new rectangular stadium that they don't really want to build if they can avoid it. It's also the best evidence possible that ¾ of their reasons to delay the stadium were utter BS, so they'd lose face for that as well.

Now that GWS are in the Grand Final any success they have will be used by the Labour government as an excuse to heap funding on them, and the only way for us (rectangular sports as a whole in Canberra) to prevent that is if the Raiders match them and out sell them, thus viscerally proving in an inescapable way that there is significantly more interest in rectangular sports in the city and that that is where public funds should be going.