What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erin Molan

Incorrect

Coach
Probably just feeling bad and regrets not making a public apology to Semi Radradra after he was found not guilty of aggravated assault against his partner that time after she demonised him and urged he be made an example of on the Footy Show when the allegations were first made.... Good for her if that's why she's feeling bad....

Spot On

Coach
No need to feel bad until passing out at say... a regional airport after making lewd comments to another passenger.

no name

Coach
I think it’s absolutely poor form for people to go out of their way to ridicule on a personal level on social media. I don’t understand how people care that much to do that.

However, I don’t think she’s very good at her job. From what I’ve seen of her, she has limited knowledge of the game itself and just seems very awkward. Some of the criticism is warranted, however anything personal is a shit go.

The fact that people have resorted to this probably strengthens her position and any constructive criticism gets lost because everyone feels sorry for her.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was listening to a neuro scientist the other day re how the brain is wired to release chemicals when we meet people in order to be social and connect with other humans. I wonder with social media if the brain doesn’t have that response and that’s why we see people being such dicks to others when they wouldn’t dream of saying it to them if they met at a party?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
She’s always been a meh for me, don’t think she’s great by any means but there a lot more incompetent people working in League Media.

Definitely don’t see the need to go out of my way and be a merkin to her on social media.

I guess though if you want to take a path into the media and become a celebrity you are leaving yourself open for this sort of shit, just the way the world is unfortunately.

I’m 30 and don’t have Twitter or Instagram, I honestly don’t get it.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think it’s absolutely poor form for people to go out of their way to ridicule on a personal level on social media. I don’t understand how people care that much to do that.

However, I don’t think she’s very good at her job. From what I’ve seen of her, she has limited knowledge of the game itself and just seems very awkward. Some of the criticism is warranted, however anything personal is a shit go.

The fact that people have resorted to this probably strengthens her position and any constructive criticism gets lost because everyone feels sorry for her.

So like every other league personality then. It’s pretty obvious why she’s being singled out.

no name

Coach
So like every other league personality then. It’s pretty obvious why she’s being singled out.
I have to agree, being not very good and being a woman would be much harder and brings much more heat than the hopeless blokes. And there is plenty of them.

mozza91

Coach
Yvonne Sampson is the ultimate female footy media personality.

Knows the game and is passionate about the game.
I disagree. I don’t think I’ve ever heard say anything to indicate a great knowledge of the game. She just asks other people questions about it.

Exsilium

First Grade
Social media and the constant scrutiny can definitely take its toll.

Just being an league fan does not make you media material. It's not an easy gig but it isn't for everyone.

typicalfan

Coach
Which is no different to what Molan does.
I would say Yvonne comes across as more genuine and well spoken than Molan. I'm not one to jump up and down about either. She seems to have more of a clue than most of the male play by play commentators anyway who are just the same.

T-Boon

Coach
It is a story that has been beaten up massively by the media.
Neither of them have even spoken about it publicly and therefore they have both been very professional.

Latest posts