What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daly M excuse of the year

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What a farce the Daly M medal count is. I watched it last night and thought it more a juniors awards night.

Can someone please explain to me that there are 8 games (majority of the time) per week, thats 8x3, so there should have been 24 votes per round, yet in some cases we got 3 or 4 names read out?
Just seema that they already knew who they wanted to win.

Say what you like about the AFL but their Brownlow medal count has every game read out with 1,2,3 vote for each one. None of this best position player etc and given the highest try scorer didnt win best winger, it's just like Mc85mins, they have their favourites who have to win.

Anyway, well done to Jess Sergis, at least we, as a club, received something. Yet, I can see Mc85mins claiming credit for her win, like "my coaching has obviously had an immediate effect on Zac, who has passed that on to Jess"

Dragsters

First Grade
What a farce the Daly M medal count is. I watched it last night and thought it more a juniors awards night.

Can someone please explain to me that there are 8 games (majority of the time) per week, thats 8x3, so there should have been 24 votes per round, yet in some cases we got 3 or 4 names read out?
Just seema that they already knew who they wanted to win.

Say what you like about the AFL but their Brownlow medal count has every game read out with 1,2,3 vote for each one. None of this best position player etc and given the highest try scorer didnt win best winger, it's just like Mc85mins, they have their favourites who have to win.

Anyway, well done to Jess Sergis, at least we, as a club, received something. Yet, I can see Mc85mins claiming credit for her win, like "my coaching has obviously had an immediate effect on Zac, who has passed that on to Jess"

Hey DS, pretty sure they only read out those scores that players still in contention receive.

I agree though, it makes for a pretty lame night...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
True and along with that it has lost some of its prestige imo...

You've got that right, Dragsters.

Nowadays it seems they only hand out a couple of awards whereas if it was like days gone by, McGregor would of won a Daily M for the Most Records set in Season..............

* Biggest Losing Club Margin in 100 years.
* Lowest Home Crowds at Kogarah Oval in 100 years.
* Most Disliked Club Coach in 100 years.

and the list goes on ............. He's quite an achiever is McGregor.

daily M winner.jpg

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
perhaps he should have received the Michelangelo award for best painter in the NRL..... ........because there's no f**kin chance he will get anywhere near a coach of the year award.. ......
I’m a sparkie I could do some electrical work in the high performance facility that doesn’t exist if they like. Maybe I can score a job as head coach, I’ve never coached before at that level, but they can just hire Wayne Bennett to do everything for me as assistant coach.

Latest posts