What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
Esan Marsters officially gone, tbh I'm not gutted about it but I could see him carving up at another club because that's generally what happens

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570690947820.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570690947820.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 11

Vic Mackey

Referee
Esan Marsters officially gone, tbh I'm not gutted about it but I could see him carving up at another club because that's generally what happens

Shame as he’s 2018 season was amazing but he really fell away this year. There’s a real chance he would have started 2020 in nsw Cup so it’s probably best for both parties. He always seemed a decent guy so wish him the best.

simmo05

Bench
Wasnt it said he was injured all season? Anyway good luck to him, another bloke who will kill it and we all cry woe is me.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He didn't deserve an upgrade based on this year's form so fair enough if he can get a better pay cheque elsewhere. Good luck to him (except when plays us).

Tiger05

First Grade
I like the guy. He never bad mouthed us. He was pretty ordinary last season and I can understand letting him go especially if it's good for him.

@simmo05 - I hope we aren't crying over him in the future. I can understand letting him go. It seems the right thing for him and I'm cool with it.

The unknown

Juniors
Honestly as a joint venture we are very lucky to have Leader ,Role model, legend or how over you would like to call it.
Benji has been 100% Weststigers . No Balmain and No Wests ... his skill and step has been something no player had ever seen before , his style has been copied by the THOUSANDS and we as a club have the privilege to show case him as OURS and who we are.
Dinky Di . Weststigers and NRL champion and he represents our club brilliantly..
All clubs history and pride is generated by special players and people...and Benji is one of the best.

Didn't see this before, but 100% agree hard not to like benji. Hopefully can make the semis in 2020 for him

My favourite player ever, even when he played for the Dragons and Brisbane I secretly hoped him well

Brendonw19

Juniors
Just reading a headline that Cronk has been offered life membership (after 2 years with them?) and a coaching role at Easts.

This sounds very similar to the Farah issue, except they didn't state it while he was still playing.

The difference is Robbie Farah is enough of a snake to leak it to the media. Or atleast someone did.
Politis and Cronk are far to professional, they would have discussed a coaching role when he joined with them maybe not life membership. But due to their professionalism it would not get out past the two of them and possibly Robbo.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The difference is Robbie Farah is enough of a snake to leak it to the media. Or atleast someone did.
Politis and Cronk are far to professional, they would have discussed a coaching role when he joined with them maybe not life membership. But due to their professionalism it would not get out past the two of them and possibly Robbo.

The club did. They made it quite clear when he left at the end of 2016 that he would have a job waiting for him in retirement. It’s why we got pinged when he came back on a low salary playing contract.

Brendonw19

Juniors
The club did. They made it quite clear when he left at the end of 2016 that he would have a job waiting for him in retirement. It’s why we got pinged when he came back on a low salary playing contract.
Well that is entirely our fault.

In other news, I saw Hoffman and Simpkin run around for Wynnum in their final a few weeks back at Redcliffe. Both very strong,
Simpkin gets through a lot of work in 80minutes defensively and made good runs from dummy half at the end of the halves, very solid attack close to the line but doesn’t appear to possess a kicking game of any length.

The unknown

Juniors
NAS from Melbourne storm will be on the market soon...lol

Video of him beating the shit out of some bloke outside a pub. Bellamy won't tolerate that

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing the following rumours:
1. We have all but signed Lomax from Dragons
2. We are in conversations with Luke Thompson from ESL
3. Musgrove will be signed if he is found not guilty
4. Reynolds and Matterson both to the Titans as a trade (not sure what players for)
5. Matulino medical retirement looking likely to be approved

Mate was telling me this morning that he heard on talking sport yesterday arvo:

1. Tyson Frizell - 4 year deal,
2. Matulino - medical retirement approved,
3. Packer - to Bulldogs.

In 2 seconds it took to digest that, I asked, was that the guys on the show or a phone in and he admitted it was some guy calling in.

My response was
1. 4 year deal, thought the Tigers had learnt that 4 is too many,
2. fair enough
3. Why would the dogs sign him.

But it is the silly season isn't it.

As for
Reynolds and Matterson both to the Titans as a trade (not sure what players for)
that Brother Jim stated, I did read in the SMH that Jai Arrow would consider a move south as it would benefit his partners career. Lets see, she's a model and so that's easy, Roosters it is. ;)

Latest posts