What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we home to all the Rejects.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Because the Sharks and Rabbitohs have got their sh!t together. Thankfully the Titans have not yet or it would be a hell of a lot worse.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We are in this mess because we have poor management and poor coaching staff.

SGI seems to be more concerned with hiring and making deals for old boys.
The best way to fix it would be to disband the JV, run everything out of Wollongong.

We could sell off St George’s licence, make them a feeder team for the Illawarra Dragons and use the money to fix up the Steelers club.

We should make Millward coach and banish Mary to Renown.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Here's a few thoughts. Item 1 is major, the others are probably minor considerations.
1. We will only attract above average players when we have an above average coach, like Bennett.
2. The Wollongong factor may put off some Sydney based players from signing if they have an alternative.
3. The fact we have no serious home ground (or rather 5 different grounds we call home - 6 if you include Mudgee) might lead some to consider we are not fair dinkum.
4. I have heard mention we have the most critical fans. That may put some players off.

If they are a reject and have no alternative they seem happy enough to sign.
I would agreed with all those points

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The best way to fix it would be to disband the JV, run everything out of Wollongong.

We could sell off St George’s licence, make them a feeder team for the Illawarra Dragons and use the money to fix up the Steelers club.

First order of business would be getting rid of that filthy red v, the plain red one with white stripes on the sleeves sends shivers down my spine thinking of a prime pre bald Mary dancing his way through defenders like a gazelle. What a man.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Renown don't want him, only the Illawarra side of the joint venture seem happy with him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Got to say I have noticed, no love for your Illawarra juniors, which are many.

But not from Hurstville, Y4 you hate them?

Wittenberg

Juniors
Seriously if you can get 1 NRL game under your belt for another club why wouldn't you join the Dragons. You will get first choice over all the juniors at Saints. You go straight in front f the queue and all you need to do is be a good bloke. Even if you play from the bench in your previous club you get preferred treatment. He is looking for the next Latimore or McCrone to annoy the fans. That is a player to waste a bench spot.
Latimore is always an easy target for us to complain about, but he played to or above his ability. Hunt, Norman, Sims and a number of others played well below their ability. But you are right that our signings have been poor, and unfortunately I include Norman in that group.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Tariq played busted all season as we found out later. Not his fault as it made sense why he did not play as good at 2018. The problem is why did the idiot coach pick the guy if he was injured.........That's right, no faith in the juniors however young Jackson Ford did well given the chance but as usual, always the last option when the FG player is literally so busted that he can hardly walk.

One of the many clear examples of why he is not capable of coaching beyond 2019.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Tariq played busted all season as we found out later. Not his fault as it made sense why he did not play as good at 2018. The problem is why did the idiot coach pick the guy if he was injured.........That's right, no faith in the juniors however young Jackson Ford did well given the chance but as usual, always the last option when the FG player is literally so busted that he can hardly walk.

One of the many clear examples of why he is not capable of coaching beyond 2019.
Yeah exactly, and if you have a bloke injured and another bloke ie in Leilua that is potentially one of the best players in the squad but just lacking match fitness it is a no brainer to use him. A fully fit Leilua would have more impact than a 40% Sims. We probably would have won a few more games and Tariq could have been back for the pointy end with a now fit and firing Leilua and the emergence of Ford we actually could have made finals maybe even got to the second week in best case scenario. Also Mary could have more easily written the season off because he could use the excuse of we had a lot of injuries so i decided to blood players for next season and try to give it a shake this season. Fans could probably cop that, but all we see is a heap of origin and international stars under performing. It was a mistake that should have cost him his job.

Old Timer

Coach
I've been to clubs that really can play
From Roosters to Storm but they wouldn't let me stay
But no matter how far or how wide I roam
The Dragons will give me a home

I always play crap
And get an inflated fee
And I love it at Wollongong, down by the sea
No need for my manager to get on the phone
The Dragons will give me a home

All our best players