What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Its like the 5 sec grabs of pollies talking without the context. But yes I said shit a few times and I'm glad you pay so much attention to my posts.

Excellent. So now you can answer my original question. You have said on numerous occasions this year that we were a shit team with a shit coach and a shit club, however recently you were (surprisingly) quite buoyant about our chances next year. What made you change from a negative to a positive mindset ?

Daniel Vella

Juniors
Excellent. So now you can answer my original question. You have said on numerous occasions this year that we were a shit team with a shit coach and a shit club, however recently you were (surprisingly) quite buoyant about our chances next year. What made you change from a negative to a positive mindset ?
Ryan Matterson??

strider

Post Whore
I honestly dont know what a tigers fan expected to happen, coming on the eela forum and saying shit about a player parra signed. Of course you will cop a bunch of shit back. FFS, its the way the universe works.

That aside, I would think Matterson is a bit mercenary. His exits from clubs seem a bit iffy. I remember parra fans giving him a bit when he left parra with the you're not a 5/8th rant. True or not people gave him some stick. Hope it works out better this time round. But i have concerns. You dont just throw your toys out of the cot cos you think you need more of em

Anyway, good player for us. Our management have done well to replace Mau.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I must say, our recruiting the past 2 years has been sensational. Not sure what the change is, let’s just hope things keep on keeping on and we reap some reward over the next year or two.

I reckon having a decent/same CEO / board / coaching team in place for a few years may have helped.

In particular the cap could managed in a long term nature instead of short term.

Additionally some juniors pushing into the squad giving us some “cheapies”.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon having a decent/same CEO / board / coaching team in place for a few years may have helped.

In particular the cap could managed in a long term nature instead of short term.

Additionally some juniors pushing into the squad giving us some “cheapies”.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Particularly improvement in cap management, it doesn't matter how good you are at identifying and recruiting talent if you are constantly hamstrung by previous poor management decisions, and these would have to have been allowed to run their duration..

84 Baby

Referee
I honestly dont know what a tigers fan expected to happen, coming on the eela forum and saying shit about a player parra signed. Of course you will cop a bunch of shit back. FFS, its the way the universe works.

That aside, I would think Matterson is a bit mercenary. His exits from clubs seem a bit iffy. I remember parra fans giving him a bit when he left parra with the you're not a 5/8th rant. True or not people gave him some stick. Hope it works out better this time round. But i have concerns. You dont just throw your toys out of the cot cos you think you need more of em

Anyway, good player for us. Our management have done well to replace Mau.
It’s the motherf**king universe

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

He saw that Paulo is sponsored by a chicken shop and was delighted over how fat he could get with all those free meal deals

TheRam

Coach
You're right, but to be fair TheRam suggests we sign every underachieving reserve grader. He's bound to get one eventually.

Hardly mate. Just because I mentioned a couple of miscreants when we were desperate and needed to take risks at the time doesn't mean what you are implying.

In today's Parra Eels team, I would never suggest those sorts of players be signed.

I also liked Sean Keppie when many here didn't rate him much and weren't worried when we lost him. He will go on to have a great NRL career if my judgement is right.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hardly mate. Just because I mentioned a couple of miscreants when we were desperate and needed to take risks at the time doesn't mean what you are implying.

In today's Parra Eels team, I would never suggest those sorts of players be signed.

I also liked Sean Keppie when many here didn't rate him much and weren't worried when we lost him. He will go on to have a great NRL career if my judgement is right.
I think you’ll be hard pressed to find too many people on here worried we let go of Keppie. There’s zero chance he would make our top 17 next season, even with a few injuries.

TheRam

Coach
Good analysis Baz. What this highlights to me is that Cleary is probably the most overrated coach in the game. Done nothing yet earning millions. He is a bigger imposter than Ricky Stuart just not as narcissistic.

Unfortunately for Penrith, now that he is on a million dollars, I have to agree. He really needs to step up his game to justify that sort of money.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unfortunately for Penrith, now that he is on a million dollars, I have to agree. He really needs to step up his game to justify that sort of money.

We really do need to put a squad together one day Ram.
And what a squad it would be.