What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What went wrong at the Celtic Crusaders?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems of all the failures in SL this one probably hurt the most in terms of what a successful club in Wales could have done for the game. Anyone know where it went wrong? Lack of fans, lack of sponsors, poor ground options? Seems there is plenty of potential talent in Wales as we have seen from the union converts over the decades.

Pommy

Coach
I hear a lot of the Celtic nations etc on here but I’ve never heard a welsh person mention it. Not in 9 years in the military did I hear one of many proud Welshman mention it. My best man was from Wrexham I’ve never heard him mention it. Perhaps the branding was awful along with a lot of other things?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I hear a lot of the Celtic nations etc on here but I’ve never heard a welsh person mention it. Not in 9 years in the military did I hear one of many proud Welshman mention it. Perhaps the branding was awful along with a lot of other things?
For me a welsh team needs to be based in either Cardiff or Swansea and named after the host city instead of being called South Wales .

Pommy

Coach
For me a welsh team needs to be based in either Cardiff or Swansea and named after the host city instead of being called South Wales .

Then you’re competing with biggish football teams as well as union.
Wrexham has a minor football team and is on the door step of league heartland.

deluded pom?

Coach
I hear a lot of the Celtic nations etc on here but I’ve never heard a welsh person mention it. Not in 9 years in the military did I hear one of many proud Welshman mention it. My best man was from Wrexham I’ve never heard him mention it. Perhaps the branding was awful along with a lot of other things?
A few years back I travelled from Hull to watch Wales play Ireland. I never saw anything around the town promoting the match. The actual occasion was one of the most low key things I’ve ever witnessed in RL.

NRLMad

Juniors
Like anything you need an idea and early success. If Melbourne didn’t have Bellamy we would have probably given up on Melbourne if it was mid ranked every year, you only need to look at the storms success to understand where their following started. No one likes losers especially if they are new losers in a new area.

20 years from now you’ll have storm baked into Melbourne far more deeply than the swans are in Sydney.

Only afl supporters follow the swans it’s a bit different, you got to remember Sydney is the big end of town most people move from the smaller states to the big smoke for jobs - and they bring their bs sport with them.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Then you’re competing with biggish football teams as well as union.
Wrexham has a minor football team and is on the door step of league heartland.
South Wales has the larger population base while north wales is provincial limiting its potential and growth.

Latest posts