What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Na not really

Definitely. I wouldn't put money on it personally, but it's certainly possible. He's apparently well liked within the team and at worst provides value to the squad (if not the 17). If he remains a free man it doesn't seem all that crazy.

My argument is that if it was 12 months earlier he'd be our first choice 6 in 2020. I think, as far as the NRL goes, he's a victim of timing as far as punishments go.

My personal feelings are that he should get a fine and maybe some kind of educational thing and be allowed back at some point.

Kilkenny

Coach
No I was probably a bit hyperbolic but does anyone think there's even a chance?

I do.

He sat out a full season albeit being paid, but none the less it is a punishment in itself.

He will not be going to jail for his crimes good behaviour bond most likely.

So I see him hit with a substantial fine, whatever the NRL think worthy and that should largely be the end of the matter he should be free to play next season.

He did the wrong thing but 12 -18 months away from the game and a $50,000-00 fine (or more) should be sufficient punishment.

age.s

First Grade
My argument is that if it was 12 months earlier he'd be our first choice 6 in 2020. I think, as far as the NRL goes, he's a victim of timing as far as punishments go.

My personal feelings are that he should get a fine and maybe some kind of educational thing and be allowed back at some point.

Yeah, he's definitely fallen down the pecking order, but throw in a few injuries and some good CC performances, It's not hard to see him coming back into the frame. We're not stacked for depth in the halves.

OldPanther

Coach
I do.

He sat out a full season albeit being paid, but none the less it is a punishment in itself.

He will not be going to jail for his crimes good behaviour bond most likely.

So I see him hit with a substantial fine, whatever the NRL think worthy and that should largely be the end of the matter he should be free to play next season.

He did the wrong thing but 12 -18 months away from the game and a $50,000-00 fine (or more) should be sufficient punishment.

I agree as far as my principles go. see my previous response;

OldPanther

Coach
So they'll have absolutely no issue with it then?

That's how it was but they've since taken a hard line stance for the negative PR hit when stuff happens involving women.

On that topic I'll give it a bit more time before I start reporting people for saying I get sexual gratification from Tyrone May suffering.

OldPanther

Coach
Scott Drinkwater, Drinkwater to fullback, Edwards to wing, To'o to centre, Whare and Mansour to superleague

Funny you mention that because Drinkwater was 7 and Nathan 6 in the 2015 Australian schoolboys team that smashed the NZ team by 40 or 50 at Suncorp.

mxlegend99

Referee
IS this confirmed?
He vanished from our website

Its not official. But he pleads guilty. Canishes from the website. We sign Capewell immediately. Tetevano is supposedly signed too. Throw in Burton and that's our top 29 players sorted. With us likely to sit on that as most teams do incase we need a player mid-season.

I dont see us signing any backs now. Unless Burton is on a development contract. But since May is as good as gone IMO he gets that spot.

MrBlack

Juniors
OK - 3 signings done, and the general consensus is that we still need a centre, and we are a club looking for value.

Rummaging through the hypothetical "bargin bin", who are you looking at (assuming Mitchell is not an option)???

I'm thinking guys like Bird or Dugan??

mxlegend99

Referee
That's my point though, if he didn't play for the Roosters I don't think he'd be considered anywhere near international level nor be commanding those dollars. He's a serviceable player, could be a good pick up, but I don't think he's a bargain buy. He's Dunamis Lui from a better club.
I think he and Leota are similarly matched and when Moses is hid age will be well and truly ahead of him. Only Tetevano would be worth more due to coming from a glamour club.

Moses has come close to kicking on a few times then got injured. Fingers crossed he kicks on in 2020 and Tetevano becomes our 4th ranked prop. I think people forget just how much better players can look in good teams aswell.

Factor in our laid back fitness system, an inferior coach, a lesser pack around him and not being liked by the officials... Tetevano could very well be a plodder with us. Players often thrive in a particular system only to struggle elsewhere. Adam Blair is arguably the best example of that. No coach or team has gotten him performing the way Bellamy did at the Storm. I doubt Tetevano will follow in his footsteps. But I dont expect him to perform any better than being a solid benchie.

mxlegend99

Referee
OK - 3 signings done, and the general consensus is that we still need a centre, and we are a club looking for value.

Rummaging through the hypothetical "bargin bin", who are you looking at (assuming Mitchell is not an option)???

I'm thinking guys like Bird or Dugan??
Bird and Dugan would need to be heavily covered by their current clubs. Probably unlikely.

Aitkens seems to be more a value buy. Id prefer him to Dugan... Bird though would be potentially great for cheap. A high risk signing and potentially high reward. Or an epic flop as he has been for Broncos.

The yak

Juniors
I believe we've done OK with those who were available. Yep I would have liked Hargraves. (every club would have love him) My neice )roosters member) messaged me today and said tetevano was a great pick up. I think from the those we have done 'very well' (to quote Mr Grace, for those who are old enough to understand this comment LOL)

Thank you Mr Grace :)
A good show in its day. The re runs are still good to watch.

betcats

Referee
He vanished from our website

Its not official. But he pleads guilty. Canishes from the website. We sign Capewell immediately. Tetevano is supposedly signed too. Throw in Burton and that's our top 29 players sorted. With us likely to sit on that as most teams do incase we need a player mid-season.

I dont see us signing any backs now. Unless Burton is on a development contract. But since May is as good as gone IMO he gets that spot.

Yeah I don't think he will be here, I was just wondering if the club or nrl announced anything.

kinghippo

Juniors
Surely May is done, especially with now pleading guilty.
There is basically no way the club could get away with resigning or playing him without a huge PR scandal.
After last years woes on and off the field there is no way the club will try it.
I think even if May only gets a slap on the wrist the NRL will still formally suspend him for the rest of the year, seeing out his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts