What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon some of that can be written off to the below.

If he’s going low, especially as a solo tackler, he’ll be susceptible to falling (but hopefully slowing down runner) or giving up an offload. It doesn’t mean he is a great defender but he’s playing to his strengths while also helping the team. Being an effective tackler isn’t always the best effectiveness for the team
Yep, they’re good points. I was more responding to claims he is a great defensive half. Whilst he does a job I’d still say defence is a weakness of his, although it’s much less of a weakness than when he first arrived.

Spooner

Juniors
Brock Lamb is a handy pick up.
In 16 games he had 18TA and 13 LBAS and 11 force drop outs.

Davies had15 TAs, 8 Lbas 13 forced drop outs and an extra 4 games played.
Salmon in 13 games had 7 ta and 7 lbas and 2 forced drop out. But 4 of those games at centre.

As far a genuine ball playing skill Lamb is superior.
Are you comparing Lamb’s stats whilst he was playing for the London Broncos - might not be a fair comparison.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon some of that can be written off to the below.

If he’s going low, especially as a solo tackler, he’ll be susceptible to falling (but hopefully slowing down runner) or giving up an offload. It doesn’t mean he is a great defender but he’s playing to his strengths while also helping the team. Being an effective tackler isn’t always the best effectiveness for the team
He also gets bumped off (a missed tackle) often but remains on his feet and in front of the attacker. That's a different missed tackle to one where he is left on the ground (which obviously happens sometimes as well).

TheRam

Coach
Yep, his defence is not his weakness. If pushed to find where he should improve his game, I would say that he does not have a deft passing game where he runs to the line and puts big merkins into holes. Like a Joey Johns or Cooper Cronk.

Agreed, but he also need to add variety to his bombs. They are up there with the worst in the NRL. Just straight up and down and many just plain nothing kicks to the opposition without making them difficult to catch or giving our players enough time to get to them and pressure the opposition receiver. I know a lot of them are to the corners and probably under instruction, but they are still letting the opposition off the hook without to much discomfort of risk, when a better kick could really give us a bonus possession or points to break our opponents spirits or turn a game to our favour.

Towards the backend of the season I noticed a slight improvement, but still much work needs to be done in this area. The spiral dead drop that moves away from the catcher at the very last moment would be great if he could prefect it somewhat. Maybe with Joey on board now he will help add this to Moses' already impressive kicking game. I know Joey is a fan and values these types of kicks.

Add a more complete passing game and better bomb repertoire and we will have one hell of a playmaker on our hands.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed, but he also need to add variety to his bombs. They are up there with the worst in the NRL. Just straight up and down and many just plain nothing kicks to the opposition without making them difficult to catch or giving our players enough time to get to them and pressure the opposition receiver. I know a lot of them are to the corners and probably under instruction, but they are still letting the opposition off the hook without to much discomfort of risk, when a better kick could really give us a bonus possession or points to break our opponents spirits or turn a game to our favour.

Towards the backend of the season I noticed a slight improvement, but still much work needs to be done in this area. The spiral dead drop that moves away from the catcher at the very last moment would be great if he could prefect it somewhat. Maybe with Joey on board now he will help add this to Moses' already impressive kicking game. I know Joey is a fan and values these types of kicks.

Add a more complete passing game and better bomb repertoire and we will have one hell of a playmaker on our hands.
How do you think he ranks in terms of bombs that lead to seven tackle sets?

Spooner

Juniors

How much are they proposing to offer him? Will he be in 1-25 or 26-30.

The Knights has a long time to evaluate him as a junior and more recently the Roosters - why will it be different at Parra?

TheRam

Coach
How much are they proposing to offer him? Will he be in 1-25 or 26-30.

The Knights has a long time to evaluate him as a junior and more recently the Roosters - why will it be different at Parra?

I am referring to Moses. Who are you talking about?

Gronk

Staff member
Confused - I thought you were referring to Brock Lamb. If a Super League team isn’t picking him up then why is Parra.
His ESL team has been relegated.

His first option would be to play NRL. There is no evidence that he was unwanted in the ESL

TheRam

Coach
Confused - I thought you were referring to Brock Lamb. If a Super League team isn’t picking him up then why is Parra.

As others have already stated he is only a backup half, has both NRL and Super League experience and would be very cheap for what he can offer if called upon.

The hope is that you won't need to call upon him to often, if at all, but at least you have someone available that won't be overawed by the call up if asked.

For a game here and there he would be just fine to partner either of our first choice halves. Value for money me thinks.