What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Sheffield Shield 2019/2020

jargan83

Coach
Western Australia should be filthy if they don't receive maximum points for this game

As per Cricket Australia's Playing Conditions, the match can be rescheduled if an alternative venue and time can be arranged. If a rescheduled game isn't possible, Victoria and WA will receive three points each, plus an average of the bonus points awarded in the round's other two Shield games.

Source is an article on the CA app

jargan83

Coach
Following on from my last post. I'm surprised Victoria are going to get anything from this result, my association has a rule in place stating that if the field or pitch is unplayable and a match abandoned that full points go to the visiting side.

Timbo

Staff member
Victoria should get zero. And they should have to pay the travelling costs for WA.

franklin2323

Immortal
As per Cricket Australia's Playing Conditions, the match can be rescheduled if an alternative venue and time can be arranged. If a rescheduled game isn't possible, Victoria and WA will receive three points each, plus an average of the bonus points awarded in the round's other two Shield games.

Source is an article on the CA app

Victoria got the win when a similar thing happened with the SCG a few years back. Cost them a finals spot too

King hit

Coach
Been seeing people (vicderpians mainly) complaining about Conway sledging tailenders, calling him a flog and every name under the sun. A fast bowler bowling and playing with some fire is now considered a flog?

I strongly believe that no player is entitled to special treatment and everyone can do whatever they like on the field as long as it’s within the rules. People should toughen up these days.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's even got the mullet happening now, his transformation to bogan is almost complete